Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are there not __________ in the Sims 4?

TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
OK, I will go first. Maybe this well help EA. Kind of like a future checklist.

Why are there not umbrellas in the Sims 4 when it's raining. #Seasons :)
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    ??? There are umbrellas when it's raining...
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    ??? There are umbrellas when it's raining...

There are table umbrellas, but not for walking around. Like Sims walking around in the rain without umbrellas.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited April 2022
    there is umbrellas and they are annoyingly glitchy sooo:

why is there no toggle to disable umbrellas in ts4?

(if you are lost with finding umbrellas in game though the item is umbrella rack you can take umbrella out of not umbrella itself in catalog and yes sims use them)

I just wish my sims would stop owning umbrellas without me putting the rack down cause theyre sooo glitchy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    There are 'walking around' umbrellas. You have to buy an umbrella stand in B/B to use consistently.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    My bad that took more time to figure out. You need the umbrella rack to get an umbrella.
    Now, what I'd like to know is... why are there not more colours of umbrellas in TS4?

04-22-22_9-11-24%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes, there are umbrellas.

Black umbrellas that my Sims opened at a wedding and cursed the bride.
    C33vp9H.png

Umbrellas that my mermaids carry while swimming in the ocean to keep dry.
    Og19Wuu.png

Umbrellas that the elegantly dressed elderly ladies of San Myshuno wear on hot summer days to keep the sun from shining on their hair.
    GHs58EV.png

Be careful what you wish for. Those of you who don't have umbrellas. :wink:

In general, some fun glitchy moments aside lol, the umbrellas are really cute. I like giving the frog, rainbow and ladybug ones to the kids, but I don't usually see child Sims carry umbrellas for some reason. I wish the umbrella was an inventory object that could be stored in the umbrella rack or deleted from inventory. I don't think my Sims with the waterproof trait, or mermaids, need umbrellas. I also wish that the Sims would automatically change into raincoats and rainboots on rainy days as well as carry umbrellas. I always thought there should have been a rainy weather clothing category in addition to the hot and cold weather clothing categories. I know you can just make a separate clothing outfit and change them manually, but it would still be nice if it was set up automatically from CAS like winter and summer clothes.

Why is there not a rainy weather clothing category in CAS? #Seasons
    Now, what I'd like to know is... why are there not more colours of umbrellas in TS4?

04-22-22_9-11-24%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

You can choose a new umbrella through the umbrella rack. There a different colors and designs, but the default color for all Sims is black until you choose a new umbrella from the rack. It would be nice if the default was random.
    Elliandre wrote: »
    You can choose a new umbrella through the umbrella rack. There a different colors and designs, but the default color for all Sims is black until you choose a new umbrella from the rack. It would be nice if the default was random.
    Yeah, I know, but there's only a tiny amount and half of them are aimed at kids. If you play rotationally you really get sick of choosing the same few colours after a while. I want MOAAR!! :D

I think my very first cc item was umbrella recolours, but I wish we had more in-game.
    Yeah, I know, but there's only a tiny amount and half of them are aimed at kids. If you play rotationally you really get sick of choosing the same few colours after a while. I want MOAAR!! :D

I think my very first cc item was umbrella recolours, but I wish we had more in-game.

I want more colors and sizes too! I love the rainy weather in the game. I never even thought to look for umbrella CC. Thanks for mentioning that. I really want a clear one.
    @Elliandre giulettasims have some but not totally clear (slight pattern to them) here https://giuliettasims.com/2018/07/magic-umbrellas-for-the-seasons-standalone-item/
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member

C33vp9H.png

Og19Wuu.png

Umbrellas that the elegantly dressed elderly ladies of San Myshuno wear on hot summer days to keep the sun from shining on their hair.
    GHs58EV.png

In general, some fun glitchy moments aside lol, the umbrellas are really cute. I like giving the frog, rainbow and ladybug ones to the kids, but I don't usually see child Sims carry umbrellas for some reason. I wish the umbrella was an inventory object that could be stored in the umbrella rack or deleted from inventory. I don't think my Sims with the waterproof trait, or mermaids, need umbrellas. I also wish that the Sims would automatically change into raincoats and rainboots on rainy days as well as carry umbrellas. I always thought there should have been a rainy weather clothing category in addition to the hot and cold weather clothing categories. I know you can just make a separate clothing outfit and change them manually, but it would still be nice if it was set up automatically from CAS like winter and summer clothes.

You forgot:

Little umbrellas that we put in our drinks ;)
    2acfcbb0dbf8df3313ef9c335bf841b76150887c.png
    @elanorbreton Those look great, thank you!! :smile:
    @EnkiSchmidt what on earth ... That is hilarious thanks for the laugh :joy:
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited April 2022
    Why aren't there normal diving boards? Base game or backyard stuff...
    Why aren't there smaller sized telescopes? Base game or get to work with aliens
    Why aren't there play pens, walkers, baby swings, and strollers for toddlers? Toddler stuff
    Why aren't there Horses yet?
    Why aren't werewolves in the game yet?
    Why aren't there interactable cars?
    Why aren't there any motor boats, or row boats, or house boats, or underwater lots? Island Living.
    Why aren't there generational interactions and activities such as walking with a cane, going to prom, playing hide and seek, or throwing a ball?
    Why aren't there bands and an actual singing career? Get Famous

I could go on but I'll stop there as there are many things Sims 4 is missing that other iterations had and I wonder why these haven't been included in some packs that they would've fit perfectly for.
    Post edited by JestTru on
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    Why is there only one bassinet in the base game. We need more options for beds for babies. And also base game clothes for babies that you don't need to knit.
    SvgJRlK.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    Why aren't there any spiral stairs yet? They were really popular in TS3. Being able to bend normal stairs at 90 degree angles isn't the same.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    edited April 2022

C33vp9H.png

Og19Wuu.png

GHs58EV.png

You forgot:

Little umbrellas that we put in our drinks ;)
    2acfcbb0dbf8df3313ef9c335bf841b76150887c.png

LMAO those moments when you get the timing and the camera just right! That is priceless!
    Why is there no toggle to disable randomized townies... why must I let them spread like zombies in my game everytime I play why must they override my trillion perfectly good premade and self made households

why is there no way to set my own npcs

so I could have npcs with stories like Kaylynn Langerak as a maid or Vicki Vampiress selling some magical odds and ends at the stalls instead of Nancy Landgraab choosing to become maid as side job
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    You can set any Sim's umbrella choice via MCCC if you use it, under the CAS section on the Sim. I also have a mod from Little Ms Sam that randomizes Sim umbrellas so I really enjoy seeing all the different colors walking by on rainy days.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sometimes I wish there wasn't umbrellas in the Sims 4, like when my toddlers just randomly walk around with them looking all deformed.
    edited April 2022
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish there wasn't umbrellas in the Sims 4, like when my toddlers just randomly walk around with them looking all deformed.

yeah or even just don't give umbrellas to every sim by default make it so sims actually have to grab one from the stand/rack thing to have one
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Why don't toddlers have strollers!!! Would love those carriers too. I hate to have family outings and my toddler is running around all over the place on his own. I just feel like strollers and/or carriers should have came along with them.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Why are there not personalities in the Sims 4? Due to the personality system that's been broken since Day 1, all sims are pretty much the same.

Don't believe me? Create a sim that has all of the worst personality traits the game has to offer....then send them to a bar or club and watch them chat up perfect strangers like they they were super-friendly and outgoing.

If I create a sim that has mean, evil and hot-tempered traits, I don't want to see them chat up strangers, I want to see them walk in, throw a table or two, cuss someone out (and maybe even fight someone), and then knock over stuff on their way out the door.
  • Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Why are there no transportation, pool tables, or poolslide in the Sims 4.