Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living - notable outstanding bugs and potental fixes?

So I'm going to pick up Cottage Living at the top of the month, (paycheck arrives around that time) and I would like to know of any major outstanding invasive bugs to be aware of. Off the top of my head,

1) I know the biggest sticking point is the Anges spawning bug, and it's the one I'm asking about primarly. How has been everyone's experience with it?

2) I mostly check Simvasion for bug fix mods and I know of the Rocket Building and Fireworks one and plan to download those.

And lastly, are there any other things I should be careful of while playing? I know with all of the farming objects that it can be a bit intesive but -pats my chonker of a gaming pc- You're up to the task, my dear.
Townie/NPC lore nerd!

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    The only bugs I have personally experienced related to CoL are the two you mention for which simvasion has a fix and two other, minor ones. The two other ones are:
    • Group servings of Verdant Mushroom soup has no model associated with it, so if you cook it it 'disappears'....but still exists, so sims can autonomously grab a serving, you just can't see it or click on it.
    • The Hotpot from Snowy Escape doesn't work with the Simple Living lot trait.
    Both of those also have mod fixes available.

I've had no issues with Agnes in my current save game which I've played a total of around 500 sim weeks in.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited April 2022
    I just delete fake agnes whenever she spawns in the household management

honestly I am starting to wonder if she was there originally or if she was hidden like erwin cause if she was then me deleting original her by mistake might also be what is causing the agnes spawning hmm

anyway fake agnesses will most likely also have wrong very unsuitable names and deleting those ones is for sure completely safe thing to do

haven't even looked into rocketship lately so idk about that one

if your animals get stuck in weird places reloading the lot usually helps or then just meddle with sheds and coops reset this reset that call in call out all that jazz it usually unglitches itself after few clicks

if plants in new old henford neighborhood get in the way of sims planting (like you have levitating plants or plant parts or something above the boxes that can't be removed) resulting in failed to germinate spam idk what else one can do without mods but if you have RoM you can inferniate them so they turn into ash and then clean out the ash that hopefully is placed so sims can reach it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    You will have foxes showing up in manage households, and there is no fix as far as I know (apart from getting the game to not spawn foxes anywhere). The foxes are not supposed to show up in CAS so they are all stretched out as well.

edited April 2022
    logion wrote: »
    You will have foxes showing up in manage households, and there is no fix as far as I know (apart from getting the game to not spawn foxes anywhere). The foxes are not supposed to show up in CAS so they are all stretched out as well.

I have theory that if you get rid of fox lot trait on most lot you'll have less

and ofc you can also delete them in manage households as they spawn

also ive noticed that it only occurs if you in fact play in henford so game spawns foxes
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Simmingal, I'm pretty sure if you remove the Wild Foxes lot challenge from all lots, you won't have any foxes at all. I think it's the lot challenge that spawns them.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I don't pay any attention to the stretched out foxes in manage households because I love having the foxes everywhere - I've just put some in Sulani. If that's the price I gotta pay for my little furry pals, I will gladly pay it.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Bringing farm animals with you to/from another lot, like when you move house, or when you TAKE THEM TO THE FAIR which is supposed to be a designed-for part of the pack, is kind of tricky. You can do it, but sometimes you have to go get them from household inventory, put them in household inventory and take them out again, etc.
    gen3-banner.png
    oh and if you are doing agnes quests she likes small orange pumpkin for her carriage unless its been adjusted since
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited April 2022
    I’ve been having minor issues with Grim getting stuck especially when he has come for a fox and sometimes also a chicken. When it was at its worst, I couldn’t travel with my sim or go into build mode when he got stuck after the reaping. However, what usually saved my sim from being completely locked in on her lot was getting a call from another sim inviting her to go somewhere since traveling that way wasn’t blocked, and when she returned, Grim was gone and things were back to normal.

Having an evil chicken and having asked for it to help out your sim can also cause problems with Grim if a fox dies close by. My sim lives at Cordelia’s Cottage and a fox died over by the waterfall. When Grim came to claim the fox, the mechanism that has the evil chicken fight Grim apparently set in, and he kept going back and forth between the fox and the chicken coop to battle with the chicken more than ten times before finally claiming the fox. I honestly got a little fed up and haven’t asked an evil chicken to help out my sim since.

Recently, Grim will still get stuck more often than not when coming for a fox (not so much the chickens anymore), but my sim is now able to travel whenever it happens and as mentioned above upon return he’ll be gone. However, it does seem that Grim getting stuck might cause a last exception error. I can see them in my Sims 4 folder and the dates of the errors usually seem to correspond with a day where Grim got stuck. I know nothing about last exception errors (will have to read up on that at some point), but I don’t think this one is particularly grave, at least I’ve been playing this save since September (fingers crossed that I don’t jinx it by writing this).

Anyway, besides this Cottage Living is a really nice pack with a lovely world 😊
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    -thumbs up- Thanks for the heads up everyone!
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I have absolutely no issues with Agnes. I made a clone that I'm playing actively, and the original is still serving the garden booth, not really sure what the problem should be...

I have a bit more lag in HoB than in most other worlds, I think it might be related to the ECO print (ECO lifestyle). I'm on a slow computer though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg