Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Euclides Whipple walked into a bar...

My active sim at the time was in that same bar, and a new barfly spawned to join the many that were spawned that night. But he looked too similar to another barfly that was already there, and I wasn't in the mood to do a quickie make-over on the fly, so I did a quickie delete on the fly instead. That was when I saw -- tragically late -- his truly excellent name, and I was instantly filled with remorse for my rashness. :cry:

Ok, yeah. Not true remorse, but I do wish I'd noticed that name sooner because it would've earned him a place among my favorite NPC names to see out and about. I might even have adopted him as a played sim, who knows. It wouldn't be the first time such a whimsical and delightful townie name saved one from the Watcher's smiting. Alas, poor Euclides. I'm taking a moment of silence for poor Mr. Whipple. I didn't even get a photo to remember him by. :disappointed:

:lol:

I'm sure others (maybe everyone) has had things like that happen in their game. Share yours, if you like. :grin:
FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    That is a truly great name for a truly short lived sim. Long live Mr Whipple’s memory.

I once had two totally different NPC sims named Iosephina Kamaka. When they started showing up at bars and events at the same time, it was decided one had to go. My main sim was friendly with one of them, so it was “so long” for Iosephina 2. May she find companionship with Mr Whipple, wherever they are.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    That is a truly great name for a truly short lived sim. Long live Mr Whipple’s memory.

I once had two totally different NPC sims named Iosephina Kamaka. When they started showing up at bars and events at the same time, it was decided one had to go. My main sim was friendly with one of them, so it was “so long” for Iosephina 2. May she find companionship with Mr Whipple, wherever they are.

Wow, that's a distinctive name for doubles! :lol: And thank you for the blessing. I'm relieved to know that Mr. Whipple might not need to spend his after-aetherlife alone. All the other aetherfolk (I wonder if saying that phrase 9 times is magical or anything) might well be jealous of the famous friendship of Euclides and Iosphina!
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @VeeDub @cyncie They sound like mythological characters, don't they? I have MCCC picking my townies now, but before I made that change, I never seemed to get one with an interesting name. I'll occasionally roll the dice for a CAS creation's name, which is almost the same thing...but not quite as serendipitous as finding them in the wild.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    @VeeDub @cyncie They sound like mythological characters, don't they? I have MCCC picking my townies now, but before I made that change, I never seemed to get one with an interesting name. I'll occasionally roll the dice for a CAS creation's name, which is almost the same thing...but not quite as serendipitous as finding them in the wild.

Haha, yes they do sound like that. I often see interesting first names or surnames, but you're right; it's rare to see particularly poetic sounding combinations that I had no hand in creating. That's why such spawns are usually automatic keepers for me. It's just a fun little thing for me, which doesn't always have to "fit" whatever story I've got going on. :lol:
  • Options
    VeeDub wrote: »

Haha, yes they do sound like that. I often see interesting first names or surnames, but you're right; it's rare to see particularly poetic sounding combinations that I had no hand in creating. That's why such spawns are usually automatic keepers for me. It's just a fun little thing for me, which doesn't always have to "fit" whatever story I've got going on. :lol:

You know, I haven’t seen Iosephina1 around lately. I probably need to check on her.
  • Options

You know, I haven’t seen Iosephina1 around lately. I probably need to check on her.

Uh-oh, I knew it. She got jealous of Iosephina2. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Well, I have tragic news to report. Neighborhood Stories has notified me that Iosephina1 has tragically died of cardiac explosion. Poor dear. May she Rest In Peace.
  • Options
    Well, I have tragic news to report. Neighborhood Stories has notified me that Iosephina1 has tragically died of cardiac explosion. Poor dear. May she Rest In Peace.

Oh noooo! Now she will never meet Mr. Schmuck. Such a tragic lack of romance between those two. :cry:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

How do you get mccc to pick your townies?
  • Options
    edited May 2022

How do you get mccc to pick your townies?

Not sure if you were asking me, but I got tagged, so I'll answer anyway. :lol:

On a computer select MC Command Center > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings

From there you have several options available, but I don't use these: Include Clothing, Import Sim Name (mine will always be given a new random name), or Import Bypass Appearance (their basic look is similar, but they may spawn as more fit or less, fatter or thinner, and have different eye and/or skin color). I personally do it that way so that they never look identical to my originals.

Edited because I smack-posted by accident. :blush:
  • Options

He's baaa-accck. :hushed:

RI4vLaq.png

Yep, this is none other than Mr. Euclides Whipple, whose more common expression is probably like the one below. :lol:
    8kOfFDb.png

I recreated him based on the same sim that MCCC used as a basis to spawn Euclides as a barfly, but I altered him a bit more than MCCC did. He once looked closer to the screenshot below, but when he'd spawned as a rando he spawned with different colored skin and eyes, and his clothing was different. That's Etienne Duplantier below, by the way, my Paranormal expert and spellcaster who resides in a completely different save from the one in which Mr. Whipple first appeared. I used some of Etienne's original clothing for the new version of Mr. Whipple, but I redid most of the other outfits (not shown in the screenshot) to suit the quite different personality of Euclides.
    zMD9uis.png

I'll probably play the new Mr. Whipple for a while, and if I like him enough he may become a permanent part of my cast of characters. :)
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    YES! The world needs more Euclides Whipple.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    YES! The world needs more Euclides Whipple.

Or one of him, anyway. :lol:
  • Options
    Wonderful! You’ve inspired me to recreate the Iosephinas as twin werewolf clan matriarchs when the new pack drops.
  • Options
    Wonderful! You’ve inspired me to recreate the Iosephinas as twin werewolf clan matriarchs when the new pack drops.

Oh wow, that's excellent news. I've always been curious what they were like. :smiley:
  • Options

Oh wow, that's excellent news. I've always been curious what they were like. :smiley:

I actually have another game generated townie, not currently in game, that seems to be from the same template the game used for the Iosephinas. It shouldn’t be too hard to recreate them
  • Options

I actually have another game generated townie, not currently in game, that seems to be from the same template the game used for the Iosephinas. It shouldn’t be too hard to recreate them

I can't wait to meet them! Euclides would probably like that, too, but he'd probably forget they even had an appointment. :smirk:
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    'Euclides Whipple' is one heck of a name.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    edited June 2022

Sorry. Doggone EA, messing with your game like that!

VeeDub, If you're the writer type, your topic title would make a good opening line for a book/short story.
  • Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    'Euclides Whipple' is one heck of a name.

I agree! It's the reason I brought him back from the void, so to speak. I just had to have that name in my game. :lol:

Sorry. Doggone EA, messing with your game like that!

VeeDub, If you're the writer type, your topic title would make a good opening line for a book/short story.

That thought occurred to me as well. But it won't actually happen now that it's already been used here. Or if it ever is, we'll know that it was stolen. :lol:
  • Options
    Hey, does this random townie have relatives in your game? He sure reminds me of Mr. Whipple.

yWHTe2h.png

Oh, what's his name, you ask? Well, meet Arjun Venkataraman

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Change the hair and outfit and he could be Snidely Whiplash from the old Dudley Doright cartoon.
  • Options
    Hey, does this random townie have relatives in your game? He sure reminds me of Mr. Whipple.

yWHTe2h.png

Oh, what's his name, you ask? Well, meet Arjun Venkataraman

:lol: I don't know, but it would be cool if he did have relatives in my game! Love the name and the look. I don't recall ever seeing one with Venkataraman as a surname in any of my saves, but I've had an Arjun before. That one wasn't a townie, though; he was an old played sim of my own, but he's been long dead of old age. And he wasn't magical or familiar with the spirit world like Mr. Whipple was, so my Arjun will stay dead, I guess. :wink:

Oh! Maybe he IS spirit-familiar. He could've made contact with Mr. Whipple while he was still in the.. aether. Maybe they shared tips on hair styling. And moustaches. :lol:
  • Options
    Oh! Maybe he IS spirit-familiar. He could've made contact with Mr. Whipple while he was still in the.. aether. Maybe they shared tips on hair styling. And moustaches. :lol:

I can practically hear the eternally (literally) long discourses on the advantages and disadvantages of various brands of mustache wax.