Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to use pose by name andrew pose player?

SimCraz3dSimCraz3d Posts: 61 Member
Hello to all,

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to explain to me how to use "pose by name" with andrew pose player. I am obviously doing something very wrong. I know about the poses you can download and I love those, but it is hard to find ones for kids. I want to be able to use the poses that come with the game but it is all very confusing, and I can't find explanations anywhere. I extracted the list of in-game poses from Sims4Studios and saved it in a document I can view at any time. I go into the game, click my sim, select pose by name and then I copy and paste the pose I want. It will load up like an action the sim is about to do, but then it just disappears and the sim does not do the pose. I hope I am explaining this in a way that makes sense. I am not entirely sure what poses can be used or not, I just try to choose something that sounds familiar from the massive list and hope it works out okay. I am trying to find animations for children, especially while seated. I am mostly looking for talking and idle behavior poses for all ages. Sorry if this is all over the place. I am not the best at explaining. If anyone has any tips or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. When I say in-game poses, I mean poses or animations that come with the game.

Comments

• SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    edited April 2022
    Hi @SimCraz3d, are you trying to run the seated animations while the sim is already seated? If you want to use the seated animations, you'll need to place a teleporter on a chair, teleport your sim there, then select pose by name, paste in the animation you want and it should work. If it still doesn't, it may be because you are attempting to use an animation that belongs to a pack you don't own. :smile:
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • SimCraz3dSimCraz3d Posts: 61 Member
    Hi @SnuffyBucket You are the best! Thank you so much! I was actually trying to do it with them already seated. I tried it the way you said to with teleporter, and it worked like a charm. I do own all the packs, so does that mean all the animations will work or are there some in the list that won't?
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    Yep, most should work, some better than others!

Back to your original post, I do have a few tips I wish I'd known when I started. I don't know how much of this is new to you, so ignore it if you know it! :blush:
    • Child poses begin with a single 'c', adult with a single 'a', teens with a 't', elders with an 'e', objects are denoted by an 'o'. The double letter ones are pets.
    • Most idle animations have idle in their names, so you can try searching e.g. 'c_idle' or 'a_idle' for child or adult idle poses. Or 't_idle' for a few stroppy, teen specific ones and e_idle for elders.
    • For talking poses, try searching age 2 age then the mood you're after, so for example 'c2c_friendly' will return animations of two children having friendly conversation.
    • Finally, searching for the age followed by 'react' and an emotion will give you lots of interchangeable conversation options. e.g. a_react_angry, c_react_bored etc.

Have fun! :blush:
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • SimCraz3dSimCraz3d Posts: 61 Member
    Omg! Thank you! Thank you! I did not know any of that. You have been extremely helpful!