Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alternatives milk sources

TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
Can anyone point me in the direction of or make a mod for alternative sources of milk. Milking cows came in Country Living as well as milk alternatives but they all still come from the cow. I don't always want a cow in my game to worry about as they take a lot of work and take up a lot of space but I would also like to play with the simple living lot trait.

I see no reason why there isn't an alternative method of making milk. There are plenty of plant sources like soy beans, coconut etc. and the canning process can be used as method of making it.

I know there is the mod for the cowplant but quite frankly I don't like the cowplant. I find it to be rather silly and obnoxious and it takes up a little to much space as well. Can anyone help me out here I really want it for my current game.
All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
fN2f7ds.png

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    Your sims can order groceries from the refrigerator, and milk and eggs are in the list available to buy.
    You can also have them visit the grocery stand in Henford-on-Bagley, milk and eggs are also sold there.

What I did in my game is have a sim household produce all of the milk and egg varieties and then put them in a LICE Retail Freezer on a Retail lot. It's a big grocery store, which sells every food ingredient item in the game. Then I sold the retail lot so that it is unowned because unowned retail locations automatically restock between visits.
    The supply a sim can buy out of the LICE Retail freezer is also unlimited, even if you only put 1 of the item inside in the first place.

The end result, all of my sims can buy any fruit, vegetable, dairy product, etc. at the grocery store. I even made custard, mayo, jams, etc. and have all those for sale at the store. It feels just like a real store, and all of my played sims visit it.

I use the "Simple Living" lot trait on all of my played households, and make my sims who don't raise/grow their own ingredients go grocery shopping. It's good.

There are mods which add a lot of new ingredients to the game so there are probably mods (other than the cow plant one) with alternative milk types, but the problem is that they wouldn't be tied to any of the game's recipes without the mod being a total overhaul of cooking.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods