Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your plantsims!

Let's see your plantsims!!

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Now that I can finally have plantsims in my game, Summer, Liberty and Travis have moved to Tartosa and turned into plants.

I think I like them better this way.

04-16-22-beach-day-1.png

Soaking up some sun and some water at the same time
    04-16-22-beach-day-2.png

One more of Summer because this look is a big improvement on that buttoned-up Barbie doll thing she had going on before
    04-16-22-summer.png

Okay, I'm aware that plantsims were in the game before...
    I have been trying to get plantsims since I started playing with Sims 2 in spring 2020. Two of my Sims 2 characters, in separate households, spent their entire lives from teen through elder keeping large gardens and spraying for bugs at every opportunity. No plantsims. In Sims 4, the founder of my longest legacy so far spent her whole life AND her ghost life over the course of the whole legacy searching Patchy's pockets every day and ordering lots of rare plant seed packets. She had I think 3 magic beans by the time I wrapped up that save after 5 generations. So, the new scenario makes plantsims available to me for the first time <3
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    edited April 2022
    This is my plantsim, Lana Ernst. She is a gardener, has the freelance botanist aspiration, and her traits are Child of Nature, Horticulturist, Loves the outdoors, perfectionist, and genius. I do use a trait extender and lots of custom traits. CoN and Horticulturist are from Chingyu.

vaRKw4z.png?1
  • Options
    She is lovely @DaniRose2143 , has a very peaceful vibe :)

How did you change her hairstyle? Doing it in CAS doesn't seem to work for me.

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    edited April 2022
    Sorry. I forgot to mention @Stormkeep has a mod for that.

Here's a link to Stormkeep's Plantsim hair mod
  • Options
    cool, thanks @DaniRose2143 ! (and @Stormkeep )
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    This scenario is really alot harder then it looks! I have a plant sim living in a tiny home with the great soil trait and she has the green thumb trait too. Maxed gardening and keeps her plants fertilized and tended and yet I still might fail this one as the plants hardly ever evolve.
    very frustrating....
    (but on the other hand my plantsim is happy with her boyfriend Patchy the Strawman and her pet cowplant Precious!LOL)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Dogzdinner, as long as you don't run out of forbidden fruit, it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get the plants to perfect and they started you off with 5 of them (so you can plant a few of them). Once you are growing your own forbidden fruit, you pretty much can't run out.
    When I did the scenario, by the time my 2nd fruit ran out (Day 10), I was harvesting ~10 more fruits every day. The tree from the forbidden fruit only produces 1 fruit a day, but if you graft it onto some other plants those will produce more than one at a time. The forbidden fruits make really good fertilizer too, so growing extra will help with the evolution side of the scenario.

But yah...if you don't use any of the 'shortcuts' for getting a plant to perfect and are doing the scenario in a new save, where there's no perfect plants already somewhere else in the world, it will take a while to complete.
    By shortcuts, I mean things like using a golden chicken, or golden chicken egg, to instantly get a plant to perfect. That saves a lot of time.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    I'll share mine, she's the first PlantSim I ever played in any of my games. Her name is Ivy Cahill, and she lives at Slip 42 in Strangerville, next door to her brother, Paul, who lives in the same crashed plane that their father, George (now deceased), once called home. Ivy works as a conservationist and has been very diligent about cleaning up Mua Pel'am.

720023cdafed22e840831368b8dec11f74850e74.jpg
    a10e252d9c0c7746bf377f7f4d6add6b48a22523.jpg

I finished the scenario with her yesterday, after working on it for 14 sim days. I did it in existing save game, so was able to harvest a perfect plant quickly, just by going to a lot where there are some that have already been evolved to perfect.
    3a7c9c9e76891ba85483bbc18e24df2702fca783.jpg
  • Options
    Ivy is great @Stormkeep :) interesting angle there that she came from a household who lives in a crashed plane, to become an island conservationist
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    edited April 2022
    How do you guys edit your plant sims to have different length hair, etc?

(edited to add: And I just scrolled up and got the answer :D )
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    This is Daphne Clements :)

MDLMbJE.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Everyone's plant sims are so cute! Here is mine, her name is Dakota Leaf, she is looking a bit plain next to all your glamorously green plant sims. She is trying to find something to eat other than plants and sun, so I fried up some veggie burgers, but they didn't fill her hunger. Neighbors in the park enjoyed them though.
    CsOZ9zZ.png
    deX25Lg.png
  • Options
    @dogzdinner that's pretty funny how your plantsim has surrounded herself with a scarecrow and a cowplant XD
    @GrimlyFiendish Daphne is very lovely!
    @Elliandre Dakota is lovely too, I like the country vibe a lot. I don't know if the plantsims can eat anything other than sun and garden plants though. Let us know if you learn anything.

• Options
    @mightysprite Thank you! So far I haven't found any cooked food that is edible, so I think you are right. I was hoping maybe there was a strange exception with something made from veggies haha
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @elliandre, they can eat a lot of uncooked (raw) produce...I think I told you that already though. I didn't find a single prepared meal that they could eat though. I tried just about every salad, vegetarian and pseudo-vegetarian meal there is.
    I also searched the tuning files for 516 food items in the game (which I think is all of the food) and every single one of them blacklists PlantSims (which prevents them from gaining hunger from eating the food).

I love cooking in my game...like a lot. So I'm pretty much at the point where I'm considering modding a few meal options so that they work for PlantSims. It's a simple matter of just removing a few lines in the tuning file.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep yeah I remember you said they could eat some raw plants and I have found some to keep in her inventory, but it doesn't give much hunger gain unfortunately. I was kind of hoping there would be at least one recipe that would work, but I guess not. Thanks for letting me know. :smile: It would make sense if at least some raw fruit or veggie salads worked for a larger hunger gain or some grilled veggies / fruits on the bbq.
  • Options
    @Elliandre, I modded salads to allow PlantSims to eat them, if you want to use it you can get it here. I made it give them half as much hunger relief as a normal ordinary sim though, so that sunlight is still appealing for hunger relief.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep Thank you and nice blog!! :smile: I don't remember there being a Quinoa salad in the game. I'm going to have to look for that one. Also I think I might make one for dinner lol
  • Options
    @Elliandre, the name you see in game is "Superfood Salad", the tuning files and recipe refer to it as Quinoa Salad.
    I should probably edit my tumblr post to make that clear.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Stormkeep oh! they should just name it Quinoa Superfood Salad in the game then...

*edited because I quoted you and then didn't change it so tagged myself by accident :joy:
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2022
    /snip/
    Okay, I'm aware that plantsims were in the game before...
    I have been trying to get plantsims since I started playing with Sims 2 in spring 2020. Two of my Sims 2 characters, in separate households, spent their entire lives from teen through elder keeping large gardens and spraying for bugs at every opportunity. No plantsims. In Sims 4, the founder of my longest legacy so far spent her whole life AND her ghost life over the course of the whole legacy searching Patchy's pockets every day and ordering lots of rare plant seed packets. She had I think 3 magic beans by the time I wrapped up that save after 5 generations. So, the new scenario makes plantsims available to me for the first time <3

A good gameplay way to do it is to put the stump on a community lot somewhere (I like to place it in the Sylvan Glade, but you could place it anywhere more hidden away). Sims from around your rotation or successive generations can add the beans as they find them. Once the beans are found and the tree is grown you can have the sim(s) who added them turn into PlantSims and maybe have a gameplay rule for who gets to turn in the future.

I do something similar with the wishing well. It doesn't fit many places, but it does fit at the Ruins in Windenburg. I like to place it there and my sims only get a wish if they are invited there and attend.
  • Options
    I like that idea @EmmaVane

• Options
    edited April 2022
    If you are willing to use mods, you could also use TwistedMexi's TOOL mod to move it somewhere even more remote. I originally did what @Emmavane said with the stump but moved the tree to a more remote place with TOOL recently. If you haven't used TOOL, or haven't used it in quite a while, it's super simple now to move things with it compared to how it originally worked.

The other advantage of doing it that way is it makes it not tied to a specific lot being loaded. I have it in Glimmerbrook in my game, but have considered moving it to the Magic Realm. It would so work being next to that abandoned greenhouse.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Let's see your plantsims!!

We can have PlantSims again? 😃 When did this happen and have I missed the opportunity?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Whatcobblers, no you didn't miss it. It's a new scenario.

BTW, you could always have PlantSims since they added them. Other options did exist in the game before this new scenario. They just were well hidden.