Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 and UE5

doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
edited April 2022 in Off Topic Chat
With UE5 now being used for all EA games I thought now would be a good time to talk about the Sims 5 and what you expect in the new game.
Here is a small list of what I expect

Cas
  1. Ultra realistic Sims and a more advanced CAS.
  2. The ability to tweet hight and hair length
  3. Turn on turn offs
  4. Sexually options
  5. Lots more clothing including stuff for Subcultures

World
  1. A bigger open world
  2. With transportation hubs (like a community lot)
  3. A concurrent world I want people to live die and get married
  4. More options for Kids and teens (it’s hard for my kids/ teens to meat people)
  5. Community lots that sims use ( we don’t need a museum in every world)
I mean that’s just a few ideas I also want Ray tracing and wether in base.
What do you expect to see ?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    There is probably going to be weather in the base game because a job posting for sims 5 mentioned weather.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    My expectations:

- open world or semi open world
    - more customization options for cas and build
    - more dynamic animations and variations in animations
    - more lots per world and more sims being able to spawn on a lot
    - possibly a larger max household size

I'm not sure if different heights will be more possible or easier in ue5 but ig with the engine allowing the animating process to be easier then that is possible.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Animations should be much better, far more realistic. I don't think we'll see realistic sims, they'll probably maintain their cartoony look, but definitely improved animations.
    Swimmable water, cars, boats, weather.
    Definitely want a bigger more open map. UE 5 is more than capable of running all these things.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    I hope for some semi-realistic style like Sims 1/2
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited April 2022
    I hope for some semi-realistic style like Sims 1/2

Same i really dont want hyper realistic. Sims 4 sims are perfect visuals for me
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just hope they don’t focus too much on first-person mode. First-person mode camera angle in games gives me a headache. So if they do that, I will have to completely skip TS5.

Most games I’ve seen with super realistic graphics end up looking grungy, urban. Idk how The Sims would be able to use UE5 without having that same effect. I’ll be interested to see.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Chazzzy, there are plenty of games made with the Unreal Engine that don't have a first person mode at all. An example of a game using UE with (almost) no first person mode use is X-Com 2.

There are also plenty of games made with UE that are totally stylized graphics rather than hyper-realistic as well. Inserting a screenshot of Rogue Spirit as an example:
    ss_f6698361aa02844b3685ff49e30c7783101f97af.1920x1080.jpg?t=1648454331
    The engine doesn't define the camera mode nor the art style, in any way.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Chazzzy, there are plenty of games made with the Unreal Engine that don't have a first person mode at all. An example of a game using UE with (almost) no first person mode use is X-Com 2.

There are also plenty of games made with UE that are totally stylized graphics rather than hyper-realistic as well. Inserting a screenshot of Rogue Spirit as an example:
    ss_f6698361aa02844b3685ff49e30c7783101f97af.1920x1080.jpg?t=1648454331
    The engine doesn't define the camera mode nor the art style, in any way.

I was not implying UE5 would automatically equal first-person camera mode. I was saying I hope TS5 doesn’t get carried away with first-person camera mode in general, especially since the graphics will be improved. It needs to be optional like it is now.

Regarding the screenshot, it’s definitely a grungy vibe to it to me.
  • wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    I don't know much about UE5, but I hope that there are many options to change in gameplay. If you want multiplayer you can, or you can switch it off. Same for ultra realistic looking sims.
    I would love to see an open world like TS3, in my opinion that was by far the best sims game.
    And I really, really hope they don't release it as a bare bones game like they did with TS4.

I'd like to see more aspirations, more careers, more in depth development for teens, and children too (Like after school clubs, more aspirations, proms, driving lessons etc)

I hope they learn from their mistakes with TS4, I really do.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2022
    I'm not sure what to hope for exactly because I don't think the Unreal Engine will define what the game will look like.

But here is what I'm hoping for based on how I have felt the older engine (The Sims 4 engine) have handled things:

Better at handling scale, the old engine handled a small house and a few sims walking around pretty well but as soon as we got larger houses and more sims around it feels like the engine started to struggle a bit, I would like to see methods that can help the game keeping up with all the sims walking around and render multiple floors and many objects with different lighting, epic released a really impressive Matrix demo where there are loads of people walking around in a city and you can switch the lightning in the settings in that demo.

Better at clearing memory, regardless if The Sims 5 will have an open world or not, I have noticed that the old Sims 4 engine is using quite a lot of RAM and it feels like it is struggling to clear the memory even if it removes the neighborhood and loads a new one every time you travel.

Better lightning effects, the lightning effects in the sims4 are pretty good, but I think they could be better, a lot of rooms often feel pretty dark.

Easier for the team to add animations, I'm not sure if unreal will help Maxis with this, they will still probably make the animations in Maya, but maybe the unreal engine could help them with this in some way.