Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plant Sim lost her leaves

I’m doing the new scenario. I’ve never played with the plant sims before. Does anyone know why my plant sim suddenly lost her plant life state and turned back to a human Sim? I don’t have another fruit for her to eat to turn her back unfortunately

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    How long had it been since she ate the fruit? I think after five days without another fruit they turn back. But it has been a couple of years since I last did a plantsim and I don't know if they're the same now or not.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Yup, the effect is only temporary. After five days, they'll revert back to their human form.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    The fruit only lasts 5 days after which they revert back to a regular sim. Also, if you let their water need get too low they will revert back early.

For the new scenario, you have 19 hours after they revert to normal to change back to a plantsim before you "fail" the scenario. You also get 5 fruits to start, and what you should do is plant at least 1, but no more than 3, of those 5 right at the start, because then you will be growing more fruits.
    The reason for planting no more than 3 is because you will need a 2nd fruit before the ones planted grow enough to bear fruit.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2022
    unfortunately in sims 4 they are reduced to sickness that passes by :<

in ts2-3 it was actual lifestate though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BTW, I made a mod that extends the duration from 5 days to 14 days, if you want to use it it is available here. The challenge is totally doable without the extension, seeing as they give you 5 to start and you can then grow more...at that point you will get several fruit every single day once they mature. I just modded it because I didn't want to have to deal with reverting quite so frequently.

Also...the mod makes it so you can use whatever hair you want for a plant sim, so if you actually want the real plantsim hair, that turns grey when they get dried out...don't use my mod.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Ohh.. I didn’t realize that. I ate one on the first day and then used the rest for fruit salads since I’m on a Cottage Living lot with the simple cooking trait, before I realized she didn’t need food. Really messed this one up maybe I can get another fruit from the gallery lol. Thanks for the help everyone! @Stormkeep thanks for the mod tip I really wanted my Sim to keep her hairstyle I will look that up :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Elliandre, you can get another fruit from build/buy mode if you enable showing of debug items.

Don't feel bad about failing, the people over at Simscommunity.info also failed their first try when doing it to write a guide. :lol: (I'm sorry, I laughed pretty hard when I read that they failed. I did not laugh at you though)

Also, just fyi, though the plantsim doesn't eat food, they can eat some raw produce. Potatoes and Onions, for example, fill their hunger a little bit. I'm not sure what other produce...it's been winter in my game so I've been limited to what my Plantsim is growing. I also know spinach and basil do NOT fill their hunger.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I wonder, if you used them in fruit salad, would eating the salad turn them back? If eating the salad can turn sims into plantsims you could be up to your ears in plantsims soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Fruit salad made with the forbidden fruit doesn't turn them into a plantsim, @DaniRose2143 ... i tried. heheh It also does not fill their hunger need at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Stormkeep Bummer. Imagine taking a couple of bowls of fruit salad to a party? Start the evening with a caterer end it with a gardener, or landscaper.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep ok I will try to find it in debug. Yeah the fruit salad didn’t fill hunger either but I will plant some potatoes and onions next. And thanks for not laughing at me :lol:
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Ok, what world should I have picked to do this scenario. I picked Sulani and 8 out of 10 days was rain, thunder storms, windy and cloudy. I think the scenario is out to get you. Easy my you know what. I'm on my last seed and I'm only on excellent. And I'm using fish $50. and over for fertilizer. I just ate my last seed.
  • Options
    @Behappy1st :joy: I took a break from mine, it's too hard for me lol. My plants are evolving so slowly, it's gonna take forever to get to perfect. Maybe summer is the best season? And then extend it to 28 days?
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    TBH I gave up and cheated my plants to the right state so I could harvest them before my last fruit ran out!
    Although Im pretty sure that you can just cheat yourself into a plant sim whenever you want.
  • Options
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    TBH I gave up and cheated my plants to the right state so I could harvest them before my last fruit ran out!
    Although Im pretty sure that you can just cheat yourself into a plant sim whenever you want.

You can. It might have been from one of my old mods, but I could shift click on a sim and cycle to the last page of the pie menu and the option to make them a plantsim is there. Skeleton too. I think it was a mod that gave me those options but it's worth a look to see.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I just completed this scenario, given I had to cheat in one extra forbidden fruit cause my Forbidden fruit tree was bugged and didn’t give any fruit. No matter what season.

I did the mistake of starting off in Tartosa, with the tree house from sims community.
    (Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful build, I just cba to deal with the ladders)

Moved to the island in Sulani, and sure lots of rain and monsoons during winter but spring and summer nonstop sun. Plus loads of plants like catnip that grows all year around to absorb solar energy from :)

Miss being a plant sim now when I suddenly have to eat and pee 😂
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    The problem I keep having is everytime I start a save it's nonstop cloudy weather so she can't photosynthesize. And there are never enough plants, especially big ones, to where she can absorb enough solar energy to get out of the red or yellow. I have been starting in Willow Creek in spring, guess I need to try another season or world. Which worlds seem to work best?
  • Options
    Strangerville worked wonderfully for me as a home, @DAniRose2143, it only rained once in the 14 days it took me to complete the scenario, and was cloudy all day one other time. I also gave her a career where she could "work from home" and picked the conservationist career, which means she spent her days in Sulani. That also was mostly always sunny and even when it did rain, the sun usually still broke through for a few hours.

There was one single day for me that was a problem, it was raining all day in Sulani and cloudy all day in Strangerville. Fortunately I'd harvested a lot of potatoes from her home garden and used those to keep her alive (eating them raw).....she ate a lot of potatoes that day.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited April 2022
    @DaniRose2143 Plant a bunch of garden plants on the first day. It's helpful if some of them are year-round plants, like sage from the starter herbs seed packets, but not necessary. Also helpful if you start the garden before turning into a plantsim, but again not necessary. My 3 plantsims never go hungry in a garden of ~15 plants that Summer planted on the first day as a plantsim.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep Thanks for the tips. I my sim up as a gardener, but I did come close to sending her into the conservationist career. I didn't take photosynthesis into account when I picked the world for her to live. That came as a surprise. I thought of Strangerville but didn't do it because I thought her water need would be hard to keep topped up. In Willow Creek I was needing to stop whatever she was doing every 2-3 hours to have her get a drink.

@mightysprite That was another weird thing that happened to her, I had her plant a bunch of vegetables on day 1 and when she woke up on day 2 her plants had sprouted and by noon had died inspite of her tending them.
  • Options
    I just completed this scenario, given I had to cheat in one extra forbidden fruit cause my Forbidden fruit tree was bugged and didn’t give any fruit. No matter what season.

I did the mistake of starting off in Tartosa, with the tree house from sims community.
    (Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful build, I just cba to deal with the ladders)

Moved to the island in Sulani, and sure lots of rain and monsoons during winter but spring and summer nonstop sun. Plus loads of plants like catnip that grows all year around to absorb solar energy from :)

Miss being a plant sim now when I suddenly have to eat and pee 😂

It was spring when I had all that bad weather.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    Plantsims are a finicky lot, that's for sure... i've got a plantsim household in my game (with a lovely fernhound pet from gw2 i found on the gallery)

The 5 day duration on the moodlet is brutal, but thankfully doesn't seem to go down if you're playing other households (for rotational players). That was a nice discovery

Stormkeep's mod sounds really nice, and i know there are a few that make the moodlet permanent, though i never tried them. The one mod i would heartily suggest is a somewhat older one just called 'plantsims keep their hair' which does exactly what it says on the tin... no more all plantsims having the exact same hairstyle all the time
    ...not a mod or anything, but if people want more foebidden fruit, i'd uploaded a room a while back with about 50 of them in it, since i know how annoying it can be to get them again if you forgot to plant one of the first ones to get the tree...

And with seasons the world you choose to put your plantsim in is a huge deal, as people have been discovering. Mine are in windenberg, on the island (which is full of occults, unlike the rest of that world) and it is overcast most days. Hob seems even worse
    Seems oasis springs and strangerville are probably the best year round options, though i'd think their water need drops faster there (never really checked that). Sprinklers on the lawn would help immensely with that
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @DaniRose2143, For the Hydration concern in Strangerville that you mentioned, I did exactly what @Kalaksed said...I put sprinklers in her yard. I also put in an outdoor shower (plus an indoor one in the bathroom). I just used the bare shower head from University Life for the outdoor one.
    Because my Plantsim spends most of her day in Sulani working as a conservation though, the hydration need is actually minimal. As a conservationist, she fills the need every time she goes into the ocean. So I actually only used the sprinklers/showers in her home like once a day.

As for forbidden fruits, once you have a tree grown, take a cutting and graft it on to a fast growing plant. You get multiple fruits per harvest from one plant when it is grafted onto a fast growing plant. I believe I grafted it onto either basil or parsley...whichever is the one that is "all" seasons.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep I had completely forgotten about the outdoor showers. And I was going to ask you about the ocean water filling hydration. It crossed my mind after I replied to you, can they even be in the ocean since it's salt water not fresh, but you just answered that for me. I'll restart and choose either Sulani or Strangerville.

She did have an issue with plants dying really quickly. She planted sage, spinach, and I think onions maybe, I can't remember the third plant. Anyway, she watered them, talked to them, and by 7pm on the first day they had already sprouted. The spinach already needed weeding and bug spray, after less than 10 hours. She wakes up at 5am and all of the spinach and sage plants had died, less than 24 hours after they were planted. I've never done a gardener before, but something sounds way off. I haven't put back more than 10 mods, and most of that was poses for my story thread. With the good soil lot trait and a PlantSim does that turbocharge the growing process for plants?
  • Options
    I think its sage.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @DaniRose2143, For the Hydration concern in Strangerville that you mentioned, I did exactly what @Kalaksed said...I put sprinklers in her yard. I also put in an outdoor shower (plus an indoor one in the bathroom). I just used the bare shower head from University Life for the outdoor one.
    Because my Plantsim spends most of her day in Sulani working as a conservation though, the hydration need is actually minimal. As a conservationist, she fills the need every time she goes into the ocean. So I actually only used the sprinklers/showers in her home like once a day.

As for forbidden fruits, once you have a tree grown, take a cutting and graft it on to a fast growing plant. You get multiple fruits per harvest from one plant when it is grafted onto a fast growing plant. I believe I grafted it onto either basil or parsley...whichever is the one that is "all" seasons.