Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give kids the summer off!

Seriously, give kids the summer off. They need it to build skills other than focusing on grades, homework, and projects. Heck, introduce summer camp if you need a reason. Send your kids to camp for two weeks. Mine always spend so much time on schoolwork, eating, and sleeping, that they age up unhealthy and out of shape. Pretty please???
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes, I would like this too. I kind of do this with the calendar. I make a holiday in the summer month and just repeat it for however many days are in the summer season. I usually take them on a summer vacation. I just wish you could choose time off separately for school and work because it would nice if you could have just the kids off school in the summer for a while or during winter for a holiday break.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    University students should get time off too, and sims in teaching jobs.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    This would be cool.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited April 2022
    Hmm... no.
    unless its up to player to set summer holiday

which actually it kind of is like just get lots of vacation days in row via phone

or set calendar events with no work/ school thing maybe is possible idk haven't tried

basically i just want my sim kids go to school cause the thing is it would be so annoying getting stuck on that whiz kid school aspiration box with "get A in school" or whatever for whole weeks cause there happens to be no school when they age up or something

well okay i guess they could make it easier with phone to call your kids off school for longer times or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    We could also have an option for summer school, that would be mandatory for sim kids with bad grades. I really think summer camp would be fun to play too.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2022
    I manually do this. I downloaded a holiday tradition mod and set it for the full 2 weeks of summer so children and teens don’t have school.

I would love to be able to do this without the need for mods.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I think the default child lifespan is way too short to take an entire season off from school. If players want them not to go to school, they can just make a holiday. It's not hard to have children build skills, make friends, and still go to school.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Yes! I feel like summers off is such a big part of childhood and definitely want this reflected in my game.
    I love the idea of sims in the education career also being off.
    I don't use mods and I wouldn't want everyone in my household off so setting up holidays doesn't work for my gameplay. I see no reason why this couldn't be implemented with a toggle so it can be set as an option.
    Also- yes please on summer camp and summer school
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    That‘s a cute idea! I would love summer holidays for children and teens to have more time to do other stuff than school
    a256aFi.gif
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited April 2022
    haneul wrote: »
    I think the default child lifespan is way too short to take an entire season off from school. If players want them not to go to school, they can just make a holiday. It's not hard to have children build skills, make friends, and still go to school.

Agreed. On regular lifespan, child lifestage is, what, 13 days? Which if you stick with 7 day seasons, it's not like they get a whole "school year" in anyway. Maybe there's a way to calculate a length of seasons that would work, and/or they could add the ability to set exactly what we want each age span to be (without mods I mean), and then do something like...actually set it so that the childhoods were long enough to last through at least one or even multiple full season rotations (like each season is 5 days, making a year 20 days, and childhood lasts, idk, 20 or 40 days maybe?) But that's a whole headache in itself to calculate that for some people.

A lot of countries in the world don't even have whole summers off anyway. Personally, for both kids and teens, I usually save up their "vacation days", which you can sometimes get up to at least 4 or 5 days, and then use them about 4 or 5 days before they're set to age up. Then, regardless of what season it ends up being, I give them that last bit of time off to just run around and have fun, and that works pretty well without bringing up the difficulty and lack of realism that most whole childhoods in the sims don't even last one full seasonal "year". Sim lives tend to be short, and so things don't always work the same way for them in terms of how time works, and I've kind of just gotten used to and accepted that as a player lol.
  • chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    There used to be a mod that did this, I think it was the get to school mod? Or maybe better schools? Either way I don't think it works anymore.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Hmm... no.
    unless its up to player to set summer holiday

which actually it kind of is like just get lots of vacation days in row via phone

or set calendar events with no work/ school thing maybe is possible idk haven't tried

basically i just want my sim kids go to school cause the thing is it would be so annoying getting stuck on that whiz kid school aspiration box with "get A in school" or whatever for whole weeks cause there happens to be no school when they age up or something

well okay i guess they could make it easier with phone to call your kids off school for longer times or something
    Maybe if they throw in some kind of extra credit work over the summer vacation that cold take care of that A.
  • JayBee0312JayBee0312 Posts: 7 New Member
    I love the summer off idea and also summer camp and field trips!