Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your Oasis Springs

ยซ13
JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
I was inspired by the "show me your Newcrest" post, and thought it would be fun if we showed each other all our worlds and what we've done with them. All worlds in one post, however, would be way too big and hard to keep track of, so lets start with one of the base game ones.

So show me what you've done with Oasis Springs!

How many community lots do you have? What kind are they? Do you have any cool builds that you're really proud of? l'll post mine in the first comment. I look forward to seeing what everyone has done with the place.
Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
    My oasis springs:

AVvXsEiaCP9cfd-1M13326yDP3KCfxcl53Fn2dr77rIJr_wOPl7kGKIFOw23fk5f4NQFYpt1Rhqv2A50l3JmXzKlcIAZM0W9Sn4meydooprD4nC4uXj5l30ESXL0a4mcCZT3vPkS3FmzZpUr7obzt8vwK3tlgYD-znsTYG0zrB8BmVOSSdDQperKWxHHWqKcDw=s16000

I've kept the same number of community lots and while I've changed the insides and given some of the buildings new purposes, only one is really changed on the outside and that's the gym which I've removed entirely. You can see some of my lots behind the cut:
    The Perfect Balance Spa
    The one building I've really changed is the gym which I've replaced with EAs The Perfect Balance Spa we got with Spa Day. To the Spa I've added a pool and some landscaping, because I personally think it looks better that way, and it makes sense with a proper normal pool as well.

04-12-22_6-57-30%C2%A0AM.png
    04-12-22_6-58-08%C2%A0AM.png

The only other thing I've added is a thermostat and this fridge from the pack:

04-12-22_6-59-09%C2%A0AM.png

I've uploaded my version of the spa to the gallery here.

Desert Bloom Park and Pool:
    As I said, I made changes to all the other buildings, so in the case of Desert Bloom Park, the first thing I did was add a pool in that large empty space in the middle - as it seemed to be screaming for one. In the background you can also see a kiddiepool, because toddlers want to play in the water too.
    04-12-22_7-05-42%C2%A0AM.png

I also added a sandbox for the toddlers:
    04-04-22_6-10-19%C2%A0AM.png

Expanded the playground area for kids with a set of swings:
    04-04-22_6-07-28%C2%A0AM.png

And added a ping-pong table, a dart board and a foosball table for teens and YA (or just adults wanting to play for that matter). Some lights on the table makes sure kids and YA can hang out in the park late at night. There is also a bonfire behind the house - have your YA bring a keg and a boombox and they can party all night. There is even a woohoo-bush on the grounds. I've had great parties on this lot.
    03-29-22_4-50-09%C2%A0PM.png

You can find my version of the park here.

Future Past Nightclub:
    I never saw the point of two museums in the base game worlds, when a museum really doesn't do much. As Willow Creek seemed more the museum type of town, I changed the Future Past Museum into a nightclub instead.

The ground floor is much the same, a closet and some tables are added, that's all. But once you go up the stairs you'll find the bar:
    04-01-22_4-21-07%C2%A0PM.png
    04-01-22_4-21-31%C2%A0PM.png

On the next floor you'll find the dancefloors and dj-booth (even if you don't see the dj booth very well in the picture):
    04-01-22_4-24-24%C2%A0PM.png

You can find my nightclub here.

Rattlesnake Mexican Restaurant:
    I always thought the Rattlesnake bar looked like it should have been a restaurant, so I made it one. Adding an additional bar with open cooking behind it and a waiter station and host station was really all it took. The changes are minor but in my mind it suits the place.
    04-12-22_7-20-51%C2%A0AM.png
    04-12-22_7-21-07%C2%A0AM.png

You can find my restaurant here.

The Solar Flare Lounge
    Is actually much the same, though I made the stage area raised and added a poker table and a foosballtable. Other than that there are no changes here.

When it comes to houses, I've moved Johnny Zest to a smaller lot and made his trailer smaller as well as added more worn out furniture (CC). I've downloaded some houses from the gallery that I then decorated to my sims' tastes:

* Southwest house with pool by baaadlilsim
    * Arid Ridge Villa Rental by nugsutin

And built this one myself:

* Slipshod Mesquite Rental
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2022
    Mine looks like this.

2022-04-12.png

Vista Quarry and Raffia Quinta had basements as the households grew.
    Raffia Quinta started two sims. As a male sim had alien twins, something had to be done.

12.04.2022_15.22.31.png

12.04.2022_15.22.44.png

Zests house was also changed a bit. Zest died from old age long ago, though.
    12.04.2022_15.55.26.png

12.04.2022_15.55.46.png
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    Oasis Springs is a special world in my game, being the only world where I have assigned a lot the "Pool" lot type (other worlds with pools have them in their gyms). It's also the only world where I have a lot assigned lot type of "Museum" and the Desert Bloom Park is one of the most family friendly parks I have set up as well.

900b11167ebcc989159714c5173c1a23571223f4.jpg

For renovations, every single lot in the world has been renovated, but most of the residential still maintain a similiar, if not identical, exterior appearance. Commercial lots however got complete and total renovations. In the Mirage Canyon neighborhood, the museum was replaced by a lovely 2 story spa and the Solar Flare lounge was rebuilt from the ground up to be larger and fancier. Burners and Builders gym was demo'd and a new Public outdoor pool was constructed in it's place and Rattlesnake bar was significantly upgraded to be a more upscale experience.
    b33557a5630d06bced07df3c84885b935853b014.jpg
    3773fdf15953263308db53fc16ece0c7fb934258.jpg
    f9528104e7410dbab9bb99a3270a4d9589ef89b8.jpg

The Desert Bloom Park is the most family friendly park in my game, with activities for the entire family, including toddlers. It it is one of the more heavily visited parks in my game as well, in part because of this and also because the weather in Oasis Springs is just more conducive to year-round activity.
    e6fc80c9a2c08f0bed9f1e75a5584ff268e4a7f9.jpg
    fc2fb7dbcd251a1c2f5b7e4f157abd0fa2d704d4.jpg

The Bedrock Strait neighborhood is still residential, with most of the homes resembling the originals with renovations. The largest renovations were Slipshod Mesquite, which has had a few additional trailers added and Agave Abode and the Nookstone which got some pretty major exterior renovations alongside the interior ones. Sandtrap Flat was also torn down entirely, to make room for the new town museum whose original location was displaced by a spa.
    The end result is that the neighborhood is far more upscale, overall, than it was originally.
    07510c3f5def31c6ba85dcbefc7252db603aeac4.jpg
    f16435cc25c151cde4c87d90c366797f53dabd22.jpg
    7e4bed72628b74d58b835af2a538f073642c1faa.jpg

In the Parched Prospect Neighborhood, Springscape was demolished to make room for a new Diner for a budget dining experience, while the rest of the neighborhood remains largrly unchanged.
    b783339797c0369ea29bce30bbcf50438a9d3690.jpg
    b62372fb2f75f3ddd6ca3eb6e3587ba975548d92.jpg
    ec9a0a1a57916f656b8b2a01f04a7eb176e63873.jpg
    0b07ad58d85ee8f386cae55af163e45e7774c6b4.jpg

Acquisition Butte, home to the Laandgrab family, remains largely the same, with mostly just interior renovations and some landscaping changes.
    ab9ba54ea182b2d8dc41e7f37ed9d6d838d29ba4.jpg
    15311ffff44ca6953a160ce196a175f52e6e7d88.jpg

And the Skyward Palms neighborhood is still the same wealthy neighborhood as always, with just the addition of the Arid Ridge Nightclub (on the previously empty lot). This neighborhood is home to the Caliente family.
    fa46d34a95734b01c0c1b53bfe123d8eece0baed.jpg
    0c1a083e8423f043ef3701f6354eff133e67628c.jpg
    6216d54958d8dc84d77421a4f0c97adcf5da8579.jpg
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Stormkeep I really love what you did with the outdoor pool park
    edited April 2022
    @Stormkeep I really love what you did with the outdoor pool park

Thank you, but I cannot take any credit for that. Other than some very small changes, that lot is the work of Jenba-sims, Calico Community Pool, available on the gallery under username silrosse with #jenba.
    @Stormkeep Ahh I'm so happy I can download it, thank you! :smile:
    @BoergeAarg61 I really like what you did with the roofs.

@Stormkeep as always the maps you use are beautiful. I love the reno on Solar Flare Lounge - is it downloadable? I really don't like the place, but keep it because Johnny Zest needs somewhere to perform.
    @JAL, I'm pretty sure the build that I started with is the lot named "The Solar Flare - Reno 2" by Kaiotic_Neutral, which comes up on the gallery if you search for #SolarFlare and sort by most popular. It's a really well done build that I don't recall needing to do any changes to at all (which is unusual).
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Iโ€™d be too ashamed to show mine.. All the homes I have are pre-made or self made... I have to admit in the creative area, to say โ€œI leave something to be desiredโ€ would be an overly nice way of putting it still lol.

I would download others beautiful, thoughtfully built created homes but I have only bought so many packs and only buy sims stuff I have taken a particular interest inโ€” bot going to buy no pack to get some created home because it uses content from a pack I donโ€™t/ havenโ€™t bought. Only purchased about 6-7 thus far..

(Plan to eventually buy โ€˜Strangervilleโ€™ and that Starwars content one, but waiting til I am feeling a bit bored with what I got, BEFORE I add new/ more world areas with new life... Only pack I donโ€™t have that I am interested in...)

So yeah, either my homes are ugly or homes EA built and people have seen before so... Nothing to see in my game lolโ€” unless you like eye sores lmao
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    You guys have inspired Me to make over the town. @Stormkeep, Your Oasis Springs is just as it should be in my mind, I love the pool idea in that lot. I never know what to do with that boring Museum. I will have to give that a try. I will keep up with these make over threads. I do make over towns now and then but have not done much in my current save.
    @Spend4zen, I love redoing all of the worlds. It's always the first thing I do when I start a new game, and has been since the TS2 era.
    I spend days and days in the new game on lot renovations before ever loading up a household to play in LIVE mode.

That's also part of the reason I almost never actually start new games. Once I spend all that time setting up the worlds, I want to play in them for a very long time.
    @Spend4zen, I love redoing all of the worlds. It's always the first thing I do when I start a new game, and has been since the TS2 era.
    I spend days and days in the new game on lot renovations before ever loading up a household to play in LIVE mode.

That's also part of the reason I almost never actually start new games. Once I spend all that time setting up the worlds, I want to play in them for a very long time.

I do the same. I don't start playing until the world is "right".
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I do the same as @Stormkeep and @JAL - I have even spent weeks setting up every world so that I can keep a base save to play any new games from. And when I get a new pack with a new world I always set up that world before I will start playing it.

So, here is my Oasis Springs, I haven't yet gotten around to all the families in my rotation:
    Oasis%20Springs.png?dl=0

The Parched Prospect area (starter homes), which currently houses my Thompson family, the Lotharios (with a child-aged Don), the Dreamers (with a child-aged Darren) and the Brokes (with a child-aged Skip):
    Parched%20Prospect.png?dl=0

The Bedrock Strait area (more starter homes), which currently houses Johnny Zest, Roberts, Johnson and Morales households:
    Bedrock%20Strait.png?dl=0

Acquisition Butte area, which houses the Landgraabs and Jones families (Jones being Hannah and Aiden from TS3 Riverview, and their 4 kids):
    Acquisition%20Butte.png?dl=0

Skyward Palms area (expensive), which houses the Calientes (Dina and Nina as kids), Toledos and Simmons:
    Skyward%20Palms.png?dl=0

The commercial area (Mirage Canyon) which has (L-R) a Morrocan restaurant, pool, arts centre and bowling cafe
    Mirage%20Canyon.png?dl=0

Lastly, Novigan Park, which I copied from TS3:
    Novigan%20Park.png?dl=0
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I really want to post my Oasis Spring, but I also don't have time to open the game and go through all the areas right now. I've been working on this since I got the game although most of the builds are form the gallery.
    KzuiP5K.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited April 2022
    Another world I have close to empty at the moment :lol:
    I just really have this there now
    kfXhMHs.png
    I thought that maybe I can pretend the beach area is continuation of Del Sol Valley
    so I put this modern house there (really not so good at building modern houses but i want to make modern area there)
    gypJKYG.png
    insides is just random really
    ariNZy2.png
    5fzBNHi.png
    I put Johnny Zest there with Sofia Bjergsen and Vanessa Jeong
    cause they all were homeless due to me messing with their lots and i just needed to put them somewhere :lol:
    V4DQAnv.png

then I also built this Ballroom while waiting for wedding pack
    someone had built similar one in my couple dancing thread but I couldn't find their version so I just built my own version
    z7BEQUN.png
    I just really have seating in for now
    j1N8y2Y.png
    some cafe equipment cause why not
    5K17P4s.png
    plenty of room to twirl :lol:
    MutWo7u.png
    and some backyard fun
    n3Hcaig.png
    (idk what up with hot tub but I needed to put something there so :lol:)
    then I have couple studies on sandhouses cause I was feeling very... deserty
    gF7ZpeB.png
    I think I will probably move them elsewhere though cause its not really neighborhood for that
    yzXNXLt.png
    and I saw house similar to this somewhere and i tried to recreate it but :sweat_smile: not my strong suit indeed
    always torn if i want to make that area modern or nah
    EFadcCB.png
    then I had this castle in place of Yuma Heights cause why the heck not
    bt682Tn.png
    with fabulous throne room
    E3ealeY.png
    6uCuD6L.png
    and loyal guards
    Y7ICxCn.png
    I had plans to make maybe like big gardening area or village next to it on landgraabs lot
    pEWQrhx.png
    but then the mailbox got stuck off lot ( I think cause I used terrain tools and it jumped there for some reason)
    NNWHcy1.png
    and I couldn't find a way to destroy/ remove it
    piu5OXm.png
    So I got frustrated and moved it to another save where there isn't mailbox there
    but I'm still annoyed by the stuck mailbox so the lot remains empty

oh and I had ufo landed in the park area before for like ts2 strangetown vibes
    but then I decided that actually no cause I could just think the ufo crash site is also where strangerville lab is

so I'll probably build something else there... one day
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
    JAL wrote: ยป
    @BoergeAarg61 I really like what you did with the roofs.

Thank you. They are from Eco Livestyle.

• ZiafarZiafar Posts: 702 Member
    How do you put pictures under spoiler?
    Ziafar wrote: ยป

Add the pictures first and then put the spoiler code around them.
    Ziafar wrote: ยป
    @Ziafar
    On the menu, see the symbol that looks like a backwards letter P? If you click on it, you will see 'spoiler' in the drop down list. You can highlight your pics and then select that and it will add the spoiler tags around it for you.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 702 Member
    Thank you @Elliandre
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited April 2022
    basically just write spoiler in [ ] and

write whatever insert whatever and then add to the end of section you want in spoiler

/spoiler inside [ ] instead

hopefully that made sense :lol:

same way you do img and /img
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
    edited April 2022
    I'm surprised more people haven't shared what their Oasis Springs looks like. These threads where people show their worlds and what lots they put on them are some of my favorites, but I guess I'm in a minority on that feeling.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Here's mine.

wAaNZ9c.png
    @Simgirl1010 Is that like a Taco Bell on bottom left corner?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @Simmingal the sand houses are so cool!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top