Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We should be able to directly upload pictures to the forum

In my opinion we should be able to directly upload pictures to the forum.

Comments

• hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    Do you mean from our PCs?

Years ago I used to use forums that had that feature but some others that didn't and still don't. It would be easier but the way I see it (like most things to do with The Sims and life in general) is it's not a case of "should" or "shouldn't", it's a case of it's a forum run and owned by someone else who may not have ever wanted to have that as a feature so never included it. And I'm sure I found out somewhere, also years ago, that some forums simply can't have that feature anyway. But Imgur is free and you don't need an account to use it.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Comment from EA_Cade addressing this in another thread.

It's less the hosting costs and more the liability of having whatever is uploaded on our servers.

It was a big problem in the past that I doubt will be revisited any time soon.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18054796#Comment_18054796
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,253 EA Community Manager
    Comment from EA_Cade addressing this in another thread.

It's less the hosting costs and more the liability of having whatever is uploaded on our servers.

It was a big problem in the past that I doubt will be revisited any time soon.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18054796#Comment_18054796

Thanks @simgirl1010

To elaborate, this was something we did have enabled for a long time on these forums but it constantly required us to remove/report content that was uploaded.

You also have to factor in all the spambots and bad actors who would/did abuse the feature.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png