Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    Just read Chapter 1 of this story and I like the vibe of it. Going to seemingly live the dream in a city of romance to get inspiration for your writing seems good at first, as writing inspiration always feels as we both know. But also it's a great set-up for drama later on down the line. Tartosa gives me a feel of 'that tourist hotspot that's not all it's cracked up to be' so there's every chance that the romance Danielle may see and find here might not be the idyllic variety ... but then I guess she can always channel any drama she encounters into her own writing.
    I don't know if I'll have time to read the rest but the first chapter was a great start < 3
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,901 Member
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Just read Chapter 1 of this story and I like the vibe of it. Going to seemingly live the dream in a city of romance to get inspiration for your writing seems good at first, as writing inspiration always feels as we both know. But also it's a great set-up for drama later on down the line. Tartosa gives me a feel of 'that tourist hotspot that's not all it's cracked up to be' so there's every chance that the romance Danielle may see and find here might not be the idyllic variety ... but then I guess she can always channel any drama she encounters into her own writing.
    I don't know if I'll have time to read the rest but the first chapter was a great start < 3

Thank you very much. That means a lot coming from another writer. Hopefully you can find the time to keep reading, but if not at least you enjoyed the part you did read.🙂

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    This is super sweet. I love this pairing and their matching dresses. I hope only happiness is in their future, but I worry because it seems like they went from friends to skipping over dating and instantly confessing to being soulmates based only on chemistry? Neither of them has any skeletons in their closets, right? It would be a heartbreaker if something devious were going on the background.

At any rate, the screenshots of them on the beach are beautiful! The moon in the background is A+. I notice that sometimes you were cropping below the plumbobs. Just in case you're unaware, if you're trying to cut the plumbobs out, you can type "headlineeffects off" in the cheat box to turn all the overhead effects off for a screenshot.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    First, thank you!

Secondly, holy wow, I did jump over the dating.🤦🏻‍♀️ I was so busy watching them and wanting to end the mystery of when Danielle was going to join the fun and with who, that I overlooked a major hole in the plot. I will have to stage a few dates and grab shots and then patch that hole in flashbacks. I can't believe I overlooked that.😊

Other than Leonardo no one has any skeletons, yet. With Danielle and Londyn I am trying out a faithfulness mod from Chingyu. It does prevent me from accidentally clicking the wrong sim if I decide to step in and direct things. With that mod and them pledging to be faithful it grays out the romance button for any sim other than their partner. If I have control of Danielle I can only access romantic interactions with Londyn and vice versa. We'll see how it works when I leave them to their own devices.

Those beach shots were even better than I had hoped for. The last one where they lock eyes, I just melt when I look at it. Cropping out the plumbobs was just coincidence, thank you for the heads up on turning them off all together.

ETA: I just realized you caught my oops first @mightysprite and I misunderstood your comment about Danielle and Londyn moving fast. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get myself out of this corner.🤔
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,924 Member
    Well hey, most of us have moved fast in a relationship at some time or other, and the results are always interesting and there are many possibilities <3
    (I do love this couple and am totally rooting for them)

• Options
    That is the easiest way forward, they are hopeless romantics who believe in love at first sight. It'll give me something to occupy my mind at work tomorrow. I got them together, they hit it off, and I lost track of the story, I was so happy that my match making worked.😁
  • Options
    After giving this some thought Danielle and Londyn aren't that far along in their relationship or moving that fast. It's my dialogue that moved too fast. I wrote that based on where I want them to go, not where they're really at in their relationship. They're still at the steady girlfriends stage. No proposals or anything even though they both currently have the whim for it. And where I thought I failed to show them dating, the night where Danielle professes her love for Londyn is very much a date even if I didn't frame it like one. So was the night that ended on the beach. That definitely was a date and I also failed to describe it as a date in the story. Things aren't as messed up as I felt they were.

Now there is the little problem of everyone being really boring. I have started twice now and exited without saving because nobody wants to do anything remotely interesting. All anybody wants to do is watch tv, play on the computer and stay home and dance by themselves. Wait a minute, that sounds a lot like me minus the dancing....

Anyway, I'm trying to stay hands off and let them do what they will within reason. Only one more try and then I'll gently nudge them into doing some different activities or step in and at least get a date going before I let them do as they will. Hopefully they will cooperate and I can get another episode up before the werewolf pack drops.(pun included at no extra charge)

Until then, thank you so much for reading!
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    To be clear, I never thought Under the Tartosan Sun was messed up or anything negative. I really like your characters at whatever pace their romance takes. I also like your hands-off (but hands-on if necessary) approach. Hopefully, something exciting will spontaneously happen. Slow slice-of-life stuff can be entertaining too though.
  • Options
    haneul wrote: »
    To be clear, I never thought Under the Tartosan Sun was messed up or anything negative. I really like your characters at whatever pace their romance takes. I also like your hands-off (but hands-on if necessary) approach. Hopefully, something exciting will spontaneously happen. Slow slice-of-life stuff can be entertaining too though.

Oh no, I didn't take it that way, it did make me stop and take a closer look at my storytelling. I also need to keep in mind it doesn't have to be Pulitzer Prize winning material either.

Thank you @haneul.🙂

• Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    I finally caught up, and...
    I really like the direction you went in with Londyn and Danielle, and I'm glad that Danielle got some of the romance she came to Tartosa looking for. Maybe her love for Londyn might inspire a new novel ; )

As for the pace that they went with their relationship, I know you seemed to worry it came across the wrong way and that you want to take a closer look at your storytelling, but I think it makes sense from my perspective for multiple reasons:
    When I started reading this story it reminded me of the blurbs of feel-good romance novels, which are often about 'love at first sight' so it makes complete sense given the genre. Danielle herself writes romance novels so likely is very interested herself in the prospect of finding love so it makes sense she'd quickly fall in love with somebody. I imagine writing those novels, she gets very much into a space of 'wish I was there' or 'wish that was me.' On top of that, it seems like a lot of this is gameplay-based and the unpredictability of Sims can drive the story. I've had some Sims just NOT hook up when I want them to, and some Sims auto-flirting with each other when I don't notice until I see how high their romance bar has gotten behind my back XD Before I went full narrative, I had to speed the plot along so many times to keep up with my Sims. Maybe this is me and my signature over-reading into things, but it works!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    I finally caught up, and...
    I really like the direction you went in with Londyn and Danielle, and I'm glad that Danielle got some of the romance she came to Tartosa looking for. Maybe her love for Londyn might inspire a new novel ; )

As for the pace that they went with their relationship, I know you seemed to worry it came across the wrong way and that you want to take a closer look at your storytelling, but I think it makes sense from my perspective for multiple reasons:
    When I started reading this story it reminded me of the blurbs of feel-good romance novels, which are often about 'love at first sight' so it makes complete sense given the genre. Danielle herself writes romance novels so likely is very interested herself in the prospect of finding love so it makes sense she'd quickly fall in love with somebody. I imagine writing those novels, she gets very much into a space of 'wish I was there' or 'wish that was me.' On top of that, it seems like a lot of this is gameplay-based and the unpredictability of Sims can drive the story. I've had some Sims just NOT hook up when I want them to, and some Sims auto-flirting with each other when I don't notice until I see how high their romance bar has gotten behind my back XD Before I went full narrative, I had to speed the plot along so many times to keep up with my Sims. Maybe this is me and my signature over-reading into things, but it works!

Thank you very much. After giving it some thought I realized it was my writing that got ahead of where things actually stood. With that in mind I'm not so sure I am that far ahead of them now. When I came back to them after several days with Summer, those two are madly in love. It is so sweet and kind of heartwarming to watch them. If they are in separate rooms, no matter what they're doing, they will frequently stop and go to the other one and do or say something romantic. Blow a kiss. Serenade them. If Londyn is standing when Danielle enters the room, Danielle is almost guaranteed to plant a big kiss on her, and vice versa. If they're out of sight of each other for very long one of them is coming to find the other and do something romantic, or just talk. But they certainly love being together.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Following, this is really great. I think we might have exchanged about this on another thread already, but I love that you went with it when the unexpected happened. In my experience those are ALWAYS the best stories. I really try not to plan them too much at all, but instead to take inspiration from what is in the air, or even the small things I just happen to notice like a glance, or a random phone call timed at the perfect moment. I will definitely keep following the adventures. I, like some others, really hope to see more of Liberty but especially these three women as a trio.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Thank you @GirafHuntr. I think we did have a conversation on one of the screenshot threads, I'm not sure. My faulty memory.🙂 That plot twist has been such a blessing in disguise. The relationship between Danielle and Londyn is so much fun to watch. I just hope Summer and Liberty can find someone who loves them like that. Summer I'm afraid may have to wait a bit, things aren't going smoothly with Leonardo. We'll see where they're at when I wrap up with Liberty.

Originally Liberty wasn't going to be much of a character after the split up of BFF. Then, just like Summer and the chance encounter with Danielle, the more I thought about it I knew I wanted to work her into the core part of the cast. I need to spend a few sim days with her and then I can start putting together the next episode.

The trio is now a quartet. I know I keep using the word magical with Londyn, but it's true. She has this incredible chemistry with not only Danielle, but with Summer and Liberty too. The chemistry with Danielle is certainly different but she gets on so well with the others. So she has a big part to play along with Danielle, Summer, and Liberty.
  • Options
    @Renée09 Thank you so much, and welcome to the forum family. I'm happy you enjoyed the first chapter. This is my first time ever doing anything like this and I was scared and nervous when I made that first post. It's great to hear people say that first one caught their interest. I hope you'll enjoy the others too. The next episode will be along soon. I have a couple of things left to do and then I can start editing screenshots and writing it up.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Finally starting the story from the beginning. I look forward to reading more, and the Landgraab moment has me hooked, line, and sinker.

Fishing pun completely intended.
  • Options
    @Renée09 Sorry it took so long to reply, werewolves got me.😉 This is my first time writing stories, thank you so much for thinking I had done this before though.

@Metior_Ice I'm glad you liked it, and I enjoyed the update you shared over on the "What Happened Today" thread. I like that pun, by the way.

I'm getting ready to work on the next episode and it should be up tomorrow, if I don't run into any snags.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I think I finished page 1 already. I’m really enjoying the story. Travis makes me really upset.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice I'm so happy you're enjoying the story so far. You are not alone in disliking Travis. I did a good job of turning him into a bad guy.😁 I was hoping to get the next episode posted today but it's not going to happen. I'll get it finished tomorrow afternoon or evening hopefully. We're going to learn a lot about where Liberty and Summer are at in their respective relationships. We're also going to get caught up on the ladies careers too. I should go check on Danielle and Londyn. I'm curious if their passionate romance has actually set the house on fire. I wouldn't be surprised if it has.

I need a break so it's back to my werewolves for a bit before bed. Thank you to everybody who has taken the time to read this story. The response has been so wonderful and I'm very appreciative of each and every one of you.❤️
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Will werewolves bleed into this story at all? Not that I would be expecting it, but maybe Travis has a new problem...?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    At this point I'm not planning on bringing occults into the story unless someone autonomously gets into a relationship with one. I currently have werewolves limited to Moonwood Mill. If one of the cast wanders into Moonwood and gets bitten, attacked, or falls in love I'll definitely consider bringing that storyline in. The same thing applies to spellcasters and vampires too.

And speaking of Travis I haven't checked up on him recently. I wonder how he's doing. The last I seen of him was a brief frosty encounter with the ladies when they were in San Myshuno last. He had the same look on his face that he did when Liberty and Summer confronted him. He got in a couple of lines and then the ladies walked out.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Chapter Seven

Welcome back readers. Today's episode is a bit bigger than I had originally intended so I'm going to split each household into a post of it's own. Sit back because you're in for another wonderful finale. I can't say it will end with exactly the same passionate spark, but its close. It's hard to top Danielle and Londyn's finale but let's see someone can.

Last time we left off with Danielle and Londyn and a very passionate scene on the beach in Tartosa. The time hasn't slowed them down at all. Their relationship is going very well, and their love for one another is deep, and only growing deeper with each passing day. They love each others company and enjoy sharing little moments where they grow closer together. Sometimes it's simply sitting down and just talking, or sharing in life little tasks.
    H8ak2cU.png?1
    hoeQnUm.png?1

Other times it's little romantic gestures.
    Q1Ajg4I.png?1
    sqqDBsw.png?1
    miA59lA.png?1

Sometimes it's a bit more intimate. You could certainly call it steamy
    N0gN64d.png
    zrRtEev.png
    VepLcah.png

The ladies have been really busy in between those romantic moments and daily tasks. Both of them have had success in their career endeavors. Danielle finished writing her fourth novel, another bestseller, titled Wild At Heart.
    Londyn was the inspiration for what is turning out to be Danielle's best novel yet. Meeting Londyn not only led to the best novel Danielle's ever written, she's been the best thing ever in her life.
    T4AWm4e.png?1
    2BqpAqc.png?1
    t1injTA.png?1

The success bug didn't forget about Londyn. She had her second audition and this time she got the part. It was only a commercial for Salty Suds Detergent, but all the legends started small too.
    Londyn's success in the audition this time was due in equal parts to her talent, but also a helping hand running lines from, guess who? No surprise really.
    Lc7Z0S4.png?1
    jbmP8Bz.png?1

With Danielle's help and encouragement Londyn wowed them at the filming. Due to her book being a runaway hit, Danielle's publisher had her making the rounds of the morning news shows, and TV chat shows too. That meant she couldn't be there with Londyn as she made her big debut, but she was with her in spirit.
    Londyn had her doubts about how this day was going to go when the makeup artist finished with her hair the first time. The costumer wasn't much better with his first choice either.
    q3PcsTZ.png?1
    4IlAAEG.png?1

Londyn's a trooper, and such a nice person, it only took a very mild butt chewing to get the makeup and costumes right on the next try.
    TD0pbnW.png?1
    35LWhUW.png?1
    E4Dqpus.png?1
    p80EzKI.png?1

With those issues sorted out it was time for Londyn's big moment. Time for the star to shine.
    Londyn: I'm ready!
    Director who's name I forgot😊: I certainly hope so...whoever you are.
    tN4jhaR.png?1
    oHOdgR6.png?1
    wkh2bTK.png?1

Londyn: Captain! This deck is a mess. This is a job for Salty Suds Detergent!
    ueGIkVX.png?1

Londyn: Salty Suds and a little elbow grease will have your decks sparking too!
    6YcYOf4.png?1
    bk8JBxh.png?1
    hIjR58S.png?1

Londyn: There is no mess that can stand up to the mighty power of Salty Suds Detergent!
    X9c5zqf.png?1

Director (off screen): That's a wrap! Not bad for your first time Paris!
    Londyn: My name is Londyn sir.
    Dirsctor: Londyn. Paris. It doesn't matter where you came from, that was some fine salesmanship. You made me want to go out and buy Salty Suds detergent for my maid.
    Londyn: Oh lord spare me. Never mind, you rocked it girl. Time to get back home.
    PYaCMKI.png

That seems like as good a place as any to step away and see what's up with Miss Summer. Shall we...(to be continued in the next post)
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Chapter Eight

When we last saw Summer she was busy with her culinary adventures and had a little something brewing with Leonardo. Since then Summer has been busy, busy, busy. She has maxed out her skills as a cook. People who taste her creations are often reduced to Mmm's and Ahh's of gastronomic delight.

She worked diligently to hone her skills, and add a touch of flair to her meal preparations...
    wDyv9nd.png?1
    Pr24eZ8.png

...and when she wasn't doing that she was watching training videos and cooking shows to draw inspiration.
    smjaPvJ.png
    0zW2cuL.png?1

If you're going to spend that much time around food and taste testing it, you need to have a plan to deal with the inevitable weight gain.
    Summer has the plan every day or every other day she goes for a run around Tartosa. So far her plan is working just fine and her weight hasn't budged, which is amazing considering how much food she's around.
    LHm5F2E.png?1
    K8jizXM.png

Summer's hard work has paid off in her soaring up the ranks at work where she has gone from dishwasher to line cook in no time. Sadly with everybody's hectic schedules the group hasn't been able to come together and celebrate all the good things that have been happening. And for Summer things haven't been entirely good, there is the little matter of Leonardo. Summer is wiser for her heartache with Travis so she began seeing the signs with Leonardo before it got that bad again. It started out good between them.
    There was the day at beach below the bluff on which her home sits.
    BcyeMzC.png?1
    oBHCxEz.png?1
    yekqf3e.png?1

After that was the time the met up for drinks. Not quite a date but close.
    TAIA9JA.png?1
    mjfNmO1.png?1

Their first, and only, date was at the Treetop Oasis in San Myshuno.
    It started out okay, but quickly fizzled as Leonardo was more interested in Leonardo. The way Leonardo kept drifting away and leaving her sitting by herself was all Summer needed to see to know this wasn't going to work out.
    MJwaOIc.png
    psRcBuZ.png

She had made some emotional investment into Leonardo, but not enough for it to hurt when she decided it was best to call it quits. First there was the matter of Leonardo being a big part of the friend circle. So Summer wanted to give Danielle and Liberty a heads up on what was about to happen in case Leonardo took it wrong and decided to stop hanging out with the group.
    mW3fePC.png
    9ExqThX.png

Summer wasn't upset and didn't have any bad feelings towards Leonardo, she hadn't been wanting a long term relationship, not really. Much to her relief, Leonardo felt the same way about a long term relationship. That made for a nice amicable return to just being friends, and keeps the friend circle intact.
    v0Mz4mc.png

For Summer things are going really good at work and she's back on the lookout for her next possible romantic partner. That leaves us with Liberty left to check up on. What interesting things are happening in sweet Liberty's world?...
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Chapter Nine

Last time we learned she had left the astronaut career and moved into the world of secret agents. Like the others she has enjoyed some success, she did get a small promotion to intelligence researcher thanks to her diligence at sifting through mountains of data to find the interesting tidbits that could forwarded to the agents in the field to investigate.
    2oYzYOJ.png
    mVoGFSy.png

For our sweet Lib it's in her personal life that things are going so good. Like really, really good. She and Matteo are definitely hitting it off. They have been seeing more and more of each other. It started with a little nudge from matchmaker Danielle on the same night that she realized how much she loved Londyn. Danielle was on a roll with romances that night. Too bad Summer didn't ask for some help.
    A small gift from Matteo, that had big implications.
    GcASCXK.png

From there it was a few nights out, just hanging around, having drinks at Celebrazioni. They weren't dates per se, not at first. Then one night things took a big step forward.
    It started out like all the others before.
    agP5iE6.png?1
    znhuwAJ.png?1
    yXpQdg1.png?1
    zH2pwI2.png?1

But then a look
    NJAaVcC.png?1

A light kiss on the cheek
    RfbsbgH.png?1

Then the first kiss
    L3o3ARn.png?1

Followed by a kiss to curl her toes. And his too.
    aYhvxYa.png?1

Then came the first proper date. This time it was at the group's other favorite spot, Treetop Oasis.
    A nice conversation to get the night off to a good start.
    LpXghKG.png

Moving conversation to a more comfortable and intimate spot
    DrM2Gt2.png
    cnsvQym.png

Then things begin to heat up
    7ehLy8z.png

Hotter
    rin1I1t.png

Hotter still
    6Enj4z5.png

Red Hot!!
    jqAZBVZ.png

They part company for the night but the events are building up for Matteo. He stopped by to talk to Summer, when he made clear to to Summer just where things stand between him and Liberty.
    v5loSeL.png
    rwmJnfy.jpg?1

The following weekend, the big date.
    This time they were back at Celebrazioni. The sight of all big romantic moments with this bunch
    HrtWgUC.png
    YUxpg7Q.png?1
    qiUKgxn.png?1

They make their way to a table. A bonus to late night dating at Celebrazioni, you can be alone. Liberty is always pretty, but tonight she's stunning.
    HFumuEd.png?1
    Dxxegbi.png?1
    0qkcGfy.png?1
    nqOaoqh.png

Matteo decides it's time to make his move. In spite of the place being quiet, he feels like the waterfront promenade would be ideal.(We were just here for a big romantic moment weren't we.)

It's time they make their relationship open and known to everybody. It's time to get serious about dating and maybe even moving in together. Oh yeah, it's getting serious between these two.

The ask to go steady
    wy17YZk.png
    bvcSTEi.png

Oh my god, this is real. I never in my wildest dreams did I actually think a man this gorgeous could be in love with me.
    ojLvRLc.png

The kiss of kisses to seal the deal
    dXn2wGn.png
    AQsqgaR.png
    B2b0ZgR.png

This is the start of something beautiful
    TIPjNld.png

I can't think of anyone I would rather watch the sunrise with. With you, and only with you.
    Hkk9sR4.png

And with that we wrap up another episode of Under The Tartosan Sun. I hope you have enjoyed this one, and that it lives up to the ones before it. It's so heartwarming to see Liberty blossoming like she is. She deserves this level of happiness and to be cherished. So that's two down, one left to find her soulmate. Who will it be for Summer? And when?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top