Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'm working away, but the hospital scene is really difficult. That lot is so detailed if I try to send everybody at the same time things go wonky. After about 10 sim minutes all the controls stop working. I can't highlight anybody, I can't queue any actions, the game is for all purposes locked up even though they can go about their business autonomously. I just have no control over them and I can't help thinking the lot is the problem. I have a couple of tricks that might work, if not I'll need to have rethink and rewrite. It will be done tomorrow hopefully, but if not it should be done sometime this weekend. It's an oddly interesting challenge to shoot the scenes for this one. This one is testing my problem solving skills.🙂

Edit: I'm still stuck. That lot is causing problems even when I'm not in Willow Creek where it's located. I don't think the problem is the lot itself, I think it's the new MacOS I installed a few weeks back. I have been noticing that my game is not behaving like it did before. I installed MacOS Ventura and I have to go out to desktop and do a force quit to shut down the game. I never had to do that with the previous OS and it's something I've had to do ever since I upgraded. I installed the first update for Ventura and I'm still having that issue and now I'm getting horrible lag in the game. I'm in the process of backing things up and I'm going to try to do a rollback to the previous OS. It's not looking likely that I'll have the next chapter done today because I still have a big chunk of work left. I know my lovely readers understand.❤️
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I'm just sorry to hear of your computer woes. Mine is starting to make a hideous noise — and that's after I gave it the compressed air treatment. Oi! Can't afford a new pc at this time, that much is certain. I do hope your attempts at a rollback to the previous OS is possible and effective. Good luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @GalacticGal Thanks. This is turning into another saga. Rolling back the OS is doable, but about as easy as building a cold fusion nuclear reactor on your dinner table. With Mac Time Machine and two clicks you can make a backup of your entire computer. Putting the old version back isn't so easy. So for now I'm going to work around it. The lag isn't bad if I don't go into Build/Buy. If I do I have to exit, reboot the game and then everything is ok. The problem in build mode is every click is met with the spinning wheel for anywhere from just a second to nearly a full minute. I deleted that gorgeous hospital lot and it helped, but I've had lots that detailed with the previous OS and didn't have this problem. And the fiddley mess of needing to use 'Force Quit' to shut the game down every time. I may still get this done today but I've lost almost a full day with all the issues. As far as a new computer I'm going to have to get one soon than I had planned. This one is still more than powerful enough and only two years old, but not being tech savvy I missed the news that came out a couple of months before that Apple was moving exclusively to their own in house microprocessors. This one has an Intel chipset and cannot run most new programs because those only recognize the new Apple chipset. I should have known when this high end Intel was marked down something was up. I just thought I was getting a real bargain. Oops. When EA finally forces Mac users to move from Origin to the EA App I have a bad feeling any Mac user who hasn't upgraded to the new chip is going to be locked out of playing their game entirely or if they're lucky they might still be able to play offline.
    @DaniRose2143 What a mess. I use my computer for more than just playing a game. So a Mac would never do for me. I hate Windows 10, can't upgrade to 11 (Windows offered a quick test and mine failed), so right now, I'm stuck. I just pray it doesn't crash and burn on me before I can get a new one. This one has a fairly new CPU, but apparently that isn't enough. Sadness.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Ohh noooo I saw that bug report about Ventura and TS4 and I'm avoiding the update for now... sorry it got you :(
    Ohh noooo I saw that bug report about Ventura and TS4 and I'm avoiding the update for now... sorry it got you :(

Just like I didn't see the news that Apple was no longer going to make, or support, Macs with Intel processors before I bought this computer, I didn't see the bug report before I upgraded to Ventura. I'm trying to hold out for about another month when I have my next week off from work. I can work on it then and hopefully not disrupt the schedule with getting stories posted. Looking at the steps to go back to Monterrey it's going to take a while to get things set up.
    edited January 2023
    Don't worry, @DaniRose2143 we'll keep the lights on for you. :) I'm just sorry you're having to go through this.
    Don't worry, @DaniRose2143 we'll keep the lights on for you. :) I'm just sorry you're having to go through this.

Thank you. I did notice something that explains most of the weirdness in game and it may be related to the bug with TS4 and Mac OS Ventura. I have never changed my screen resolution since I first set it when I bought this computer. It tested out on the highest setting, 6400x3600. It was laggy so I set it two levels down, 5120x2880. It ran smooth so I just left it there. Plus when you get past that 5120 level it gets harder to see much difference. I was messing around last night in settings because I had an item that was showing weird shadows, and to my surprise I found the resolution to been changed to the max again. I never touched it so I just assumed there was some other problem. I set it back to where I had it and the game is running fine again, apart from still needing to use force quit to shut it all down. I don't know if this is an Apple issue or an EA one. I did see where the force quit bug seems to only affect Macs like mine that use an Intel microprocessor. I wasted an entire day chasing a problem that had a simple but totally unexpected solution.

Anyway I am in the final edits and should have the chapter posted in the next hour or two.
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Thirty Three

In spite of the beautifully warm weather in Tartosa, Londyn felt chilled to the bone. She was running towards the scene of the fire at the club that she and her friends had come to think of as ‘our place’. To the rest of the world it was Celebrazioni d’Amore, or simply Celebrazioni. The friend circle had spent many nights there, under the stars on the roof top dance floor. On more than one occasion the setting sun welcomed them to the club and the rising sun had wished them goodnight. Being on a small bluff along the coast there was always a delightful ocean breeze. The club was perfectly positioned to give partiers a perfect view of the magical Tartosa sunrises and sunsets. Londyn wasn't thinking about any of that right now. The only thought in her mind was praying for Matteo and Darian's safety. She was hoping the guys had been held up in traffic or crowds leaving the football match and that they had never even made it to the club.
    4WpBfCj.png
    As she rounded the corner leaving the shopping district and entering the normally lovely and serene park adjacent to the club, Londyn got her first look at the scene. The fire had been intense and had spread quickly. The authorities weren't allowing bystanders to get close for obvious reasons. So for now Londyn couldn't see much aside from the fire. She was hopeful that everybody that had been inside was gathering behind the club in safety.
    YrvJQvi.png
    8KGabMm.png

The Vigili del Fuoco, the name Tartosans have for their firefighters, had responded quickly and done their job expertly.
    tM7oLX6.png

The situation was under control quickly but not before major damage had been done. The crowds were beginning to move in for a closer look making Londyn's task all the harder.
    Xw5bS1G.png
    TsFP0sl.png

She was desperate to spot any positive signs or to find someone from the fire or medical service who could tell her anything. If they would. They were just as likely to shoo her away while they continued to wrap up their work. She had spotted three ambulances leaving the area. In a hopeful sign they weren't leaving in a hurry. She told herself that it was a positive sign. The patients inside, if there were any, needed further attention at the hospital, but they weren't in life threatening condition. She wouldn't let herself consider the other possibility. That the ambulances weren't in a hurry because it was already too late for the unfortunate souls inside. She couldn't and wouldn't entertain that thought.

Londyn kept searching, trying to find someone who could, or indeed would, give her any information. Her search was accompanied by the smell of burnt wood, burnt leather from the chairs and sofas, and other materials that had once been objects in and around Celebrazioni. She could hear the crackle of static and voices on the radios used by the fire and medical services. Most of it was hard to make out, but the little snatches of conversation she heard helped to loosen the icy fingers of dread which had wrapped themselves around her heart. It appeared that everyone was out of the building safely.

After her frantic call to Darian, Summer made her way over to where Danielle and Liberty were. Liberty was still upset but she wasn't distraught thanks to Danielle's comforting presence. From where they had been sitting they could see the ambulances arriving and departing but they couldn't see the building. It was a hopeful sign that the huge column of smoke which had cast a pall over the day was gone. It was good sign as well that the ambulances were leaving much slower than they had arrived. There was still the uncertainty, nobody had heard from the guys or seen them. From where they were sitting the girls could look up and see Liberty's home. They couldn't help looking up now and again to see if they could spot the guys on the patio. Maybe they had gone to the house to clean up or change after the match. Liberty swore that if she saw Matteo up there she would sprint up there and give him the biggest kiss and then a healthy smack upside his head for not answering his phone and putting her through this misery. That drew a little chuckle from the three of them, the first laughs they had even remotely felt like having in the last hour or so.

Londyn was able to finally locate a medic who gave her some encouraging news. The medic had seen Matteo and he was ok. A bit singed but ok and it was the same story for the other guy who was hanging around and talking to him. Londyn was going with the hopeful assumption that was Darian the medic had been describing. The medic said he knew it was Matteo, the two of them had gone to school together. They were alive and didn't appear to have been seriously injured but they had been taken to the local hospital for a more thorough exam. Londyn texted the girls...
    LJYS6pL.png
    Hey babe good news! The boys are safe and alive! I'll be there in a second."

“They’re alive! Oh thank god!” Danielle said as she sagged with relief. “Londyn said she’s on her way here.”
    0hOxNj5.png

“Is Matteo with her?”

"I don't think so hun. She didn't say if he was or not."

Londyn came jogging back into the square and made her way over to her friends. She embraced Liberty and Summer as she gave them the news.

"The guys are on their way to Sisters of Mercy to get checked out. The medic I talked to said they were a bit singed and had inhaled a lot of smoke but other than that they were fine. I don't have any more details than that. She did say the trip was just a precaution. Let's go get changed and grab the guys some clean clothes before we head over."
    qaghqfi.png

With Summer and Darian's place on the other side of Tartosa, Liberty offered to grabbed some of Matteo's clothes for Darian while Danielle loaned Summer an outfit. After getting everything together in record time they were off to the hospital. In the meantime the guys were in the care of Dr. Crystal Milton. Word of their heroics and made their way to the staff at Sisters Of Mercy from the medics that had brought them in. They had helped usher patrons to safety and even tried in vain to put out the fire.

"How are the heroes feeling? Did the nebulizer help you breathe easier?" Dr. Milton asked as she entered the room.

"It helped a lot. My chest doesn't feel heavy anymore." Matteo said.

"Same here. I feel like myself again." Darian said.
    p3HsF65.png
    "Good, good. That's what I wanted to hear. Your O2 sats look much better. You were both in the mid-80s when you got here and now you're both above 95%. I'm waiting on your test results and the chest x-rays. If they're all good you gentlemen will be out of here shortly. In the meantime there are four very lovely young ladies who are eager to see you. They are out here in the waiting area. If you feel up to it you can go meet them or I can send them in?"

"We're going out there" they said in unison.

Darian was up on his feet first and as he neared the door he turned to Matteo and said, "Do you want to wager on which one of us gets mauled first?"

"No, you already got 50 of my simoleons on the football match. All I want to do is see Lib and get out of here."
    frZ4E31.png

"Cool. I'm dying to see Summer too. Today's really making me think about things and reexamine priorities."

"Oh? Such as?"

"Later. Let's not keep our fan club waiting any longer."
    TOXpXFh.png

"Matteo!!"

"Kiss me like you miss me Red!"

"I am so happy you're okay. I couldn't even think of a way to carry on if you weren't here with me. I didn't see how it would be possible."

"Well, I'm here, and I don't plan on going anywhere without you babe. We are in this life together, always and forever."
    f9rwufa.png

Summer wasn't far behind. "Oh my god! Darian!"

"Lay one on me baby!"
    2AHOTsG.png

"I'm just happy you're alive and I can wrap my arms around you. When I saw all that smoke and you didn't answer your phone I was so scared."

"I can explain the phone thing. It got ruined when it landed in my beer. It's a longggg story."

"Who cares. You can get another phone. I can't get another you."
    2XcGGcm.png

As the girls stepped back Matteo turned to Darian and said, "I guess I should have taken you up on that bet."

"Yeah. You would have gotten your 50 simoloens back."

"When I get over being so happy that you're alive", Liberty said, "you can explain to me what he's talking about."

Londyn and Danielle stayed back and watched as their friends found the happy ending everyone had been wishing for. The last few hours had been harrowing to say the least. Nothing can ever prepare you for the sudden thought that you may never see the love of your life ever again. Danielle and Londyn could only imagine how they would handle that same fear if anything were to ever happen to them. A fear they both quickly pushed away before it could spoil the moment. After Summer and Liberty stepped aside they came over and greeted the guys too.
    ab1SOKc.png

After the ladies had properly greeted their heroes, Liberty handed over their change of clothes and the boys excused themselves to go change. While they were gone, Dr. Milton received the results of the tests and x-rays on her tablet. When they came back out she shared the good news, they were good to go home.
    DDEnEyZ.png

The air in Tartosa always smelled so sweet. The warm breeze from the ocean with its pleasant saltiness. The plethora of eateries with the rich aromas of the local cuisine that seemed to gently drape themselves around you like a friendly hug. There was the ever present scent of white lilies and red poppies that grew everywhere in Tartosa. Never had those scents smelled as wonderfully intoxicating as they did tonight. Every scent seemed to somehow be more distinct, more lovely than they had always been. Everybody arrived back at Liberty and Matteo's home before they split up for the night. Each of them had so much to be thankful for. Before they went their separate ways Liberty had an announcement.
    qdtEX5g.png
    "I want to thank you all for your love and support today when I needed it most. Matteo and I would love to have you all come over tomorrow night and we can lose our minds on pasta and wine. And we can dance the night away under the stars. If you will excuse us, I have a couple of dance steps I'm dying to show my man!"

"Santo Maria!" Matteo said as a dreamy look dawned on his face.
    BFQqIFF.png

After a round of good night hugs the couples went their separate ways for the night. Liberty had Matteo all to herself and she could enjoy the fact that he was still here. After the terror of not knowing whether he was alive or dead, here he was. She took his hands in her's and felt the reassuring solidity of them. Everything was right in her world again. The love that she felt in her heart for Matteo, and that he felt for her, formed the foundation that their life was built upon. Now it had that feeling of stability and assurance that told her as long as she had him there was nothing she couldn't face.

"I thought I knew how much I loved you. I realize now I love you even more than I thought possible."
    RQF7daU.png

"All I want right now is to feel your lips on mine, to know that this is all real, and that you really are here with me."
    DtV4mry.png

The following evening turned off beautiful. The skies cleared in time to reveal a trademark Tartosan sunset.
    B4e6c4w.png

The rain moved out and allowed Liberty and Matteo to setup the stereo on the patio after clearing some space for a makeshift dance floor. The patio smelled of basil, tomato, and garlic. Matteo had made a selection of classic Tartosan pasta dishes and for those who are daring his own take on his nonna Vittoria's legendary arrabbiata sauce, guaranteed to make any tongue tingle. He also set out an array of the Rossi family's best red and white wines from their own vineyard and their own Grappa. He also introduced the group to some of the region's liqueurs like Strega and Amaro. All set against the backdrop of the beautiful sunset and the Simterranean Sea. It was a celebration of life, love, and friendships.
    oB8dCS3.png

After the meal they gathered around to chat and bask in each others company. Love was in the air and on the menu.
    LmcYCnj.png
    "Matteo and I have an announcement", Liberty said as she gazed into Matteo's eyes, "We're going to have the wedding in Sulani at the end of May. We still haven't decided on the venue, we might have it the same place you and Danielle had your's."

"If the reason you don't have a venue picked out yet is because you want to use the same place we did and you think we'll be offended, stop worrying and book it. It's special to us and so are you. You deserve to have the perfect setting too" Londyn told her.
    4g05xoA.png

"It's a good thing I didn't pack the Sulani cookbook away yet" Summer said.

"Definitely. You never know when that might come in handy" Darian replied.
    MbfI25u.png

"Really? Are you trying to hint at something in your uniquely dorky way honeybuns?"

"No. I was just thinking I'd have to dig through all those heavy boxes and I just got out of the hospital 24 hours ago."

"Oh funny man huh!"
    mwwW54D.png

"Just a man who loves you more than anything in the world."

"Shut up and kiss me"
    4hBKGjJ.png

Later that night, Darian pulled Matteo aside.

"Keep your voice down. I'm going to propose to Summer. Not tonight."

"Congratulazioni! But why didn't you propose earlier on the veranda? She gave you a perfect opening."

"I almost did, but I've been thinking about this for a while now, and yesterday was all the push I needed. I'm going to propose to her at La Cucina tomorrow night."
    xIReKmZ.png

"I've got to get the ladies out of earshot so I can break the news to them."

"The veranda. I'll take care of Lib and she will know how to Danielle and Londyn out without Summer knowing for a minute or two."

"I'll have to talk fast."

"I suppose you ladies are wondering why I drug you out here like this" Darian asked?

"You're going to propose to Summer and you wanted to tell us" Danielle said in a half question, half statement way.

"Umm. How did..."

"I'm a romance novelist", Danielle said, "Affairs of the heart are my specialty. That and it couldn't have been more clear from the look in your eyes earlier...honeybuns."
    J61lUBL.png

"Tomorrow night at La Cucina."

"We were there not long ago for these two and their proposal. She's going to know something's up when you suggest going there" Londyn said.

"You could bring it up as a spontaneous deal. It might keep her off balance just long enough for you to surprise her" Danielle said.

"I have an idea. Just meet us there tomorrow night, 8 o'clock."
    7wUfUNF.png

• luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited January 2023
    @DaniRose2143, fantastic...
    "I'm a romance novelist" ... :D Perfect

Edit: OK, expanding a little on that
    First, I am impressed. You managed to struggle through a lot of practical challenges to make this happen and it looks great. The pictures of the club burning down and the ruins left over are amazing and evocative. Knowing how hard you worked for them, I can only say bravo.

Second, the story and the emotion of it all is great. Nothing like a near death experience to make the guys think about what's important and actually take their respective next steps. They're playing it cool but I imagine they're both pretty shook up. Shook up enough to recognize what's important.

Finally, the group shots on the couches... I know exactly how hard those are to get. Those are terrific.

Bravo... excellent story and excellent pictures. In short, I'll say it again... fantastic.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Ack! I should not have let myself be discouraged by the idea of hopping on the bandwagon in the middle of a ride! I already know how well you can write, you showed it again right here. A-a-a, I don't even know these characters yet and I was scared for them. Plus, I love all the descriptions of Tartosa and its cuisine. :smile:
    @luciusstorm Thank you❤️
    This chapter was about as challenging as Danielle and Londyn's wedding. Maybe more. I had an aha moment when I went back in to shoot some more fire shots. The fire damage on the second floor, aside from the burnt tables and sofa, was deleting some objects and choosing solid black swatches for the floors, walls, and other assorted items. I only needed to do the same thing on the first floor and start a few fires right around the windows for effect in the pictures. It was maddening, but fun. There were a lot of other little shortcuts I found as I went along that seem so obvious in hindsight and would have made this a breeze. Another example was the firefighters. I forgot to get pictures of them. So I got out the army of Morgyns to start a few fires and then call the fire department. Then it dawned on me, the Morgyns were never going to be in the shots. If I dressed them up as firefighters you wouldn't recognize them. They could start the fire and put it out and I get my shot all in one. With the official Sims FD I had to worry about them doing something off script or a Morgyn ruining the shot.

It was about the time I started working on the hospital scene that I knew I was going to have Darian propose. The timing was too perfect. I knew the autonomous proposal probably wasn't that far away. Darian and Summer were nearing the number of days between meeting and proposing that the other couples were when Matteo and Londyn did their autonomous proposals. They have been getting wants for proposing for a while now too. Darian's offer to bet on which of them would be greeted first, their joke about not taking the bet, were all those typical male covers for when they don't want to acknowledge their feelings or their vulnerability. Matteo is more open to sharing his feelings but Darian is still a bit of the bro he was at University. He's growing out of it, but he's not there yet.

The key to scenes like the couch is poses, which I still struggle with, or turning off autonomy completely which what I did. I did the same thing with the group at La Cucina for Matteo's proposal. I have to juggle getting conversations started. Once I have them talk to someone they will keep going with that one sim, but they won't interact with anybody else very much. Group conversations do happen but not as easily as when autonomy is on. Unless their needs really drop they sit still for longer periods of time though.

@_Gina Thank you for those wonderfully kind words.❤️ That's the beauty of this story, you can jump in anywhere and not be totally lost. There are some things that might seem a bit confusing but not many. Then you can go back as time permits and read some of the other chapters. It is interesting for me to go back and see how my writing has changed as this story has progressed.

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Amazing update as always! Really kept me engaged through the entire rollercoaster.
    @Metior_Ice Thank you so much! I'm happy I could take you on a thrilling ride.🙂

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    I like the way you describe places, those sunrays can easilly be seen, I can almost smell the food at streets of Tartosa too.

Im glad boys ended up beeing alright, and great proposal coming up :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Awesome update! Your style of describing the scene is spot on. I swear I could feel the heat of that fire and smell the smoke. 😄
    @Ellupelluellu @simgirl1010 Thank you both very much! Describing the surroundings is something I’ve been focusing a lot of attention on lately and I’m happy to see everyone enjoying it so much. Darian has a surprise planned for Summer.
    @DaniRose2143 Well done. That was most certainly worth the wait! :)
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @DaniRose2143 An exciting update
    I'm glad to see the only major damage caused by the fire was to property and that the guys were quickly released from the hospital. What a relief, but the club ... I hope it's repaired and that things return to normal.

As exciting as the fire part was, I found the last scene the most touching. The conversations among the couples as they sat on couches was so sweet. And you've given us a proposal to look forward to! <3:)

I'm glad you were able to conquer all the difficulties the Sims 4 and the new OS were causing your computer. I would be so frustrated if the game and my computer were refusing to cooperate.

The fire shots are good, but I like the opening shot of Londyn running in her swimsuit best probably because we can clearly see someone's emotion. She's visibly distressed and running barefoot in a swimsuit across the pavement (which must be uncomfortable), but she doesn't care because she's focused on Matteo and Darian's safety.
    edited January 2023
    @haneul Thank you!
    Celebrazioni is done, but something new and fun will be taking its place.😉 I’m so happy you picked up on the relationships. That was my plan for the last two chapters. To show the friendship and openness the women share, and to show the depth of the love Summer and Liberty have for Darian and Matteo. The depth of Danielle and Londyn’s love is no secret.

Lucky for me most of the problem that I thought was the OS turned out to be whatever it was that reset my screen resolution to its maximum setting. That likely happened when I did the upgrade. With it at that setting it puts a lot stress on my computer on highly detailed lots like that first hospital. It even took longer to load the Celebrazioni with all the fireworks.

One of my mods added a cheat, I think it’s WW, that allows me set their emotions and the intensity. I just needed a couple of clicks and I had Londyn in the scared mood. Now I just need a shocked expression for the next chapter of Schemes.😁
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    awesome chapter
    you did a wonderful job with the fire scene, I'm sorry it caused you such a headache to create it, but it came out really well in the end, I hope you're pleased with it - and it's such a pity about your computer woes too - ugh, it must have been very frustrating for you to pull this all together.

It's clear that the experience of the fire made everyone re-evaluate and take time to appreciate the relationships that they have with one another, it's so scary when something like that happens and your head goes to terrible places. I mean, we the readers knew that nothing awful was going down, but Summer, Danielle , Londyn and Liberty didn't, so we can really empathize with the fear they must have felt.

VERY exciting to have another proposal coming up, Summer and Darian made me smile a lot this chapter, the way they interact is so sweet, particularly in that screenshot of them laughing on the couch together out on the patio <3

You did some lovely descriptive writing here too, gorgeous, vivid language <3
    s54gWQ5.png
    @hellohannah2 Thank you so much.
    It did drive me mad a few times, but it was fun too. I wish I had figured out the computer issue sooner so that I could have used the first hospital. That's not to say I was disappointed to use the other one I found. I was happy with that one too, and I was very happy with how it all turned out.

I've being feeling like it was time to really show how much the other couples love each other. Liberty's character has this childish or childlike feel with a heavy dose of goofy on top of that. By having her go through something so emotional it helps to push this version of her further away from the original. She's still fun loving but a lot more mature. I've also played up her more adult 'romantic appetites'. I'm not sure how to express that thought that won't get me in trouble. Summer and Darian so different from the others. Summer is really laid back and takes life as it comes and Darian is still growing up in a way. The share a fun loving, free spirited personality. I was going to wait and let Darian propose autonomously like Londyn and Matteo, but it felt so right to have it happen now. I have an idea for how he's going to surprise Summer. As I was writing the couch scene I felt it was such a Summer thing to sense that Darian was going to make a joke and for her to egg him on but also go fishing to see if he might propose right there. She's not upset that he didn't. She knows he loves her madly and that he will propose at some point. The shot of them laughing almost didn't happen. I had been watching the others and looked over in time to see Summer doing the 'tickle mercilessly' romantic social on Darian. I was fast enough to hit pause so I could get the shot. I do wish I had zoomed in for at least one closeup of her tickling him. That one little moment sums them up perfectly, as a couple and as individuals.

Aww thank you.❤️ I'm so very happy that my readers are enjoying that element of my storytelling. It's something I have only recently focused on doing, but I owe that all to you and Evie. You do such an amazing job of describing in vivid detail Evie's emotions and state of mind. I took that inspiration and use it to describe the environment my story Is occurring in. You put us in Evie's shoes or in her head. I try to put you all, maybe not so much in my characters shoes, but I try to put you in that world as if you were right there with Danielle or Londyn or any of the others.
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Thirty Four

The celebration of life, love, and friendship at the Rossi home went on late into the night. Darian had made up his mind where and how he was going to propose to Summer. Plans were made and everyone was looking forward to the following night when they would be getting together again, this time at La Cucina Toscana to celebrate Summer's engagement. Summer was blissfully unaware that the plans for dinner and dancing were only the desert. When the rain showers blew in off the ocean it forced the party indoors where everyone noticed that midnight had come and gone. With the aromas of Matteo's cooking still wafting through la casa di Rossi they said their goodnights and went to get some sleep before the party the following night. Well, eventually they would get some sleep.

Earlier while preparing his take on Bistecca Alla Fiorentina with his signature truffle sauce, Matteo had jokingly warned everyone that consuming the sauce would lead to amore. When they arrived home, Summer that that feeling of amore. Whether or not Matteo's truffle sauce had any hand in it was another matter. Any effects the sauce may have had were helped by several glasses of Avornalino too. She was just thankful that Darian was still here for her to express that love to. Since finding out he was alive and well his kisses tasted so much sweeter than they had before.

"I can't stop staring at you and feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude that you're still here with me. I'm really proud of you for going back in and helping get people out. I always knew you were incredibly sweet and selfless and I think that's the most attractive thing about you. That and your cute little tushie."
    b9NTJVp.png
    "Promise me though, you won't lose your phone the next time you risk your life playing hero. If I hear your playing hero you can expect a call from me afterwards" Summer said before playfully adding, "and you better answer it, honeybear. My heart can't take many more scares like that."
    X0hoOBf.png

In spite of the rain and the chill it brought with it Summer led Darian out to the patio. She was in the mood to express her feelings in the moment and the hot tub was a great place for it. They sat and talked for a bit. Even though the events at Celebrazioni had been over 24 hours earlier, Summer gave Darian his space and didn't ask many questions after they got home from the hospital. Now she felt like it would be good for him to talk, to open up to her.

“What happened the other day at Celebrazioni? Where were you when it started?

“We had been there for a little while, maybe thirty minutes or so."

“The girls and I were having such a good time and then we smelled the smoke and saw people running in that direction. We were so scared. I've never been so scared or felt so helpless. When I called and you didn't answer I almost lost it. I don't know how I kept it together at that point. I know I'm with Liberty, if Danielle hadn't been there and been such a rock, and Londyn too, I would have fallen apart. They're like the sisters I never had.”

"Your friends are amazing. I owe Danielle everything, after all she led me to you." Darian paused and seemed to stare off into space for a minute as he replayed the scene in his mind. Summer sensed Darian's jumbled emotions as he recalled the events. She moved in closer to lend moral support for her hero.

“I’m not sure where it started exactly, I guess up stairs. We had been at the bar, we had our second round of drinks and were headed over to the sofas by the front window. We wanted to hang out there so we could see you coming. We both made a comment about smelling smoke just as the bartender handed us the drinks. We had just sat down when people started running towards the doors screaming fire! fire!”
    hD3vN0t.png

"What were you feeling? I can't imagine the courage it takes to run towards danger instead of away from it."

“I don't know. It was like Matteo and I were on autopilot. Somebody had to do something, both of us just took off looking for people who might need help. Matteo grabbed a pair of fire extinguishers from somewhere and we took off up the stairs.” Darian swirled his right hand in the water making lazy figure eights. “They had some sort of gathering going on with an older crowd and a couple of them needed help to get out. I grabbed them and Matteo used the extinguishers to clear us a path back down. He had dropped one off at the top of the stairs on the way up, which was smart. By the time we started back down the first one was nearly used up. That second one being there got us the rest of the way out. I tried to go back for another quick check but the firefighters were there and put a stop to that. I’m amazed and thankful no one was seriously hurt.”

“That was a blessing. I don’t mean to sound selfish, but the best part was you and Matteo making it out safely. It’s like I told you at the hospital, I couldn't possibly find another you and I wouldn't want to even if I could. I've invested too much time in making a civilized man out of you" Summer said playfully. "And I love you with all my heart.”
    g2VrrXS.png

"Let me show you how much your love means to me."
    GLQLFQd.png

Time melted away. The inky black of night was giving way to the cerulean shades of the blue hour just before sunrise as Darian and Summer made their way to bed. After a few hours of blissful sleep and dreams of Darian a familiar and comforting aroma pulled Summer back to consciousness. She was starving and her nose led her down to the kitchen and a sweet surprise.

"There you are. You really crashed. I hated to wake you up, you looked so cute and peaceful. I took the liberty of fixing you something to eat."

"Oh my god, thank you I'm starving! It's so sweet of you to fix me breakfast. But you are such a guy, mac and cheese for breakfast?" she laughed.
    eSxsKV5.png
    "That's not breakfast honeybuns, that's lunch. It's almost 12:30!"

"Oh. Well my compliments to the chef anyway. You've been paying attention. This is clearly not a boxed mac and cheese dinner. Mozzarella and provolone, pancetta, basil and oregano...delicious baby. I'll make a cook out of you yet."

"Thank you, just save room for dinner hun. I was planning on heading over to La Cucina around eight-ish."
    yGfQkyX.png

The sunrise that had seen them off to bed was replaced by another round of rain. Darian was wondering if he needed a plan B, or would it be really romantic in a cinematic way to propose to Summer in the rain? They would be wet by the time they arrived at La Cucina, but he could hopefully get one of the tables near the fireplace. There was always the wedding chapel right next to the bridge they use to cross the canal. The doors are never locked and it certainly had a romantic atmosphere. No, Darian thought, he was sticking to the plan, rain or no rain.

Before long it was time to get ready. Darian could feel the nerves building. He wasn't nervous about proposing, he knew it was something he wanted and the fire at Celebrazioni had shown him it was time. Even though no one died or was even seriously hurt it did show him that life could be fleeting so why wait any longer? He had been planning to propose soon anyway. His nerves were because he only had one chance to do this right and give Summer the perfect proposal she deserved. Summer already had everything she needed for a perfect proposal though, she had him. As the time to leave approached the weather cleared and provided a picturesque Tartosan sunset.
    5jJhPX0.png

Summer was working on her look for the evening. Darian couldn't help stopping to admire the woman he was going to spend the rest of his life with. She was the most gorgeous woman he had ever known without ever needing a single speck of makeup, but here she was, deftly working her makeup brushes with the same effortless skill she handled a chefs knife or a saucepan.
    3vUZ3H1.png

Darian, in a fit of nervousness, called Danielle to make sure all the plans were still on track. Danielle couldn't help finding the funny side of Darian's nerves, and quickly set about putting him at ease...

"Hey Dani, Summer is getting ready and we'll be heading out to La Cucina in the next hour. I'm doing the right thing, right? I feel like I'm drowning here."
    jr3CHjH.png

"Take a deep breath sweetie, it will be alright. Trust me. You do trust me don't you?"
    j6vCKfE.png

"Yes."
    oQCbZvb.png?1

"I would never have introduced you to one of my best friends if I had any doubt you were perfect for each other. Okay? Summer is very special to me and you are a wonderful man, you two were meant to be together, so relax. I want you to promise me you will calm down and just be yourself, be the Prince Charming I met not so long ago. Summer worships the ground you walk on. Take that to heart sweetie. We will see you two at La Cucina. We love you guys okay. See you soon!"
    LvyoUt7.png

"Silly boy. If you could have seen her when she didn't know if you were alive or dead, you'd have no doubt she loves you more than life itself. She's going to say yes no matter what."
    0bCLViM.png

Summer was ready. Darian was mesmerized. Danielle had been right. It was written in the stars. All he had to do was let go and trust in fate. Everything else would fall into place.
    "Summer Holiday, you are the most beautiful woman in the world. Would you make me the luckiest man on earth and grace me with your presence for dinner at La Cucina Toscana?"

"Of course. You had but to ask."
    GlzyBv5.png

Everything seemed to fall into place. Was Danielle really just a romance novelist or was she some sort of romantic clairvoyant? It didn't matter. Not really. All that mattered was Summer.
    They had left for La Cucina, but the real destination was forever, together.

I found a love, for me
    Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
    Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
    Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
    'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
    Not knowing what it was
    I will not give you up this time
    But darling, just kiss me slow
    Your heart is all I own
    And in your eyes, you're holding mine
    Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
    With you between my arms
    Barefoot on the grass
    Listening to our favourite song
    When you said you looked a mess
    I whispered underneath my breath
    But you heard it
    Darling, you look perfect tonight

4yUufAa.png
    Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
    She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
    I found a lover, to carry more than just my secrets
    To carry love, to carry children of our own
    We are still kids, but we're so in love
    Fighting against all odds
    I know we'll be alright this time
    Darling, just hold my hand
    Be my girl, I'll be your man
    I see my future in your eyes
    Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
    With you between my arms
    Barefoot on the grass
    Listening to our favorite song
    When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
    I don't deserve this
    Darling, you look perfect tonight

"Summer Holiday, you are the perfect woman for me. When they made you they threw the mold away. I know I don't deserve an angel like you, but I hope you will honor me by saying you are my soulmate. I know I never want to know to what it means to go through a single day without you by my side. Without you I'm nobody. With you there is nothing I can't do. I hope you feel the same way about me. You complete me and I hope I complete you. Will you marry me?"
    IbwKi0A.png

"I'm dreaming. This isn't happening!"
    wcmN57g.png

"Yes, it is angel. That ring is not a dream, it's real! What do you say? Are you with me?"
    T74y3qy.png

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh my God!! Yes!! Baby I want you with me every single day!"
    rrG1KHQ.png
    UKdOeoj.png

"O honey now
    Take me into your loving arms
    Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
    Place your head on my beating heart
    I'm thinking out loud
    Maybe we found love right where we are"

Svu7WRi.png
    UFANnJ9.png

"Oh my god Dani! Darian just proposed to me!!
    Ul5WlNa.png

"If you said anything other than 'yes' hang up now,"

"What?"

"Girl, we're up here on the balcony at La Cucina. We've been watching it all. Get your pretty engaged backside up here so we can celebrate! I am so happy for you!"

"Welcome to the club! Who would have guessed that three girls from Willow Creek would come to Tartosa and find their soulmates?"[
    h3LkIQq.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Aw :)
    Yay Summer and Darian!
    That's so sweet that the other friends were watching (from a considerate distance.) I haven't been paying attention, have all the couples gotten engaged to that song?
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Aww, super cute! o:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top