March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Wow what a beautiful build!! Did you build it?

Enjoyed the story too :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,667 Member
    edited May 2022
    @mightysprite Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I didn't do the salon or Summer's house, those I found on the gallery. I did redecorate Danielle's home which is still the shell of the Maxis original. The salon is Odette's Beauty Salon by Sida-Fish and the house is Refugio Del Pirati by Gremaure.

And I have a bit of a confession. The shots of Summer in the kitchen are old ones that I still had on my Imgur. They were shot in a different home. It was getting late, I needed some shots of her cooking and I had shut down my game, so cheated and grabbed those.😊 I'm shooting new ones right now to replace them. Edit: The new shots of Summer in the kitchen are up.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'm really enjoying this story, and Travis got exactly what he deserved in my opinion!
    I'm really enjoying this story, and Travis got exactly what he deserved in my opinion!

I'm happy you're enjoying it. It's been fun to watch it unfold, and an unexpected plot twist and the possibilities it opens up is making it even more fun. Yes, Travis certainly did leave with his tail between his legs. For now he's safe and sound in San Myshuno. He keeps reaching out to all three of the ladies wanting to mend fences, but for now I'm having them give him the cold shoulder. I'm very receptive to the idea of a redemption storyline for him, but if and when it happens it will be farther into the story.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    What an eventful few days for the Terrific Trio!

Danielle is a great match for the typically indefatigable Summer, isn't she? Neither one of them seem to need much down time before they're ready to seize another day...or another night. With their culinary and literary talents, they should be smashing successes.

It was fun to see Liberty's new storyline begin, too. Z wonders if she'll ever join Danielle and Summer in Tartosa...but no spoilers, please. :wink:

The romances are fun to speculate about, too. Liberty's new look definitely turned Matteo's head. And Summer seems to have thoroughly captivated Leonardo. We're looking forward to finding out if Danielle will experience some of the romantic moments she seems to write about so well.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    What an eventful few days for the Terrific Trio!

Danielle is a great match for the typically indefatigable Summer, isn't she? Neither one of them seem to need much down time before they're ready to seize another day...or another night. With their culinary and literary talents, they should be smashing successes.

It was fun to see Liberty's new storyline begin, too. Z wonders if she'll ever join Danielle and Summer in Tartosa...but no spoilers, please. :wink:

The romances are fun to speculate about, too. Liberty's new look definitely turned Matteo's head. And Summer seems to have thoroughly captivated Leonardo. We're looking forward to finding out if Danielle will experience some of the romantic moments she seems to write about so well.

I am so happy that you and Z are enjoying the story. Z, I would love to have Liberty join them in Tartosa, and if things keep going as they are with Matteo, there's a really good chance it will happen. Matteo and Leonardo are roomies for now but will playboy Leonardo be moving in with Summer? Will he love her and leave her, or will Summer tame him and put an end to his serial romances?

And Danielle will soon be getting in on the romantic escapades, but with who? Who will turn her head and win her heart? That is the mystery and it could literally be anyone. I haven't gotten very far with exploring how the new plot twist with her is going to play out, but it's going to be fun to see where it leads.

Thank you both for following along.😊

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    Great story! Have to admit I don't visit this section of the forum often because it's too easy to get drawn into all the stories and I already spend enough time on the forum. πŸ˜„

Really eager to see what happens with Danielle.
    @simgirl1010 Thank you so much. This story has been the most fun I've ever had with my game. I just came in here to post a bit of a teaser for the upcoming episode. Things are coming along nicely for the friends, though Leonardo could be a troublemaker. Danielle invited the whole friend circle to the Finchwick Fair. Is there more than just flowers blooming at Finchwick?
    Xpp5Wb8.png?1
    I just noticed that Matteo once again wandered away as I was ready to shoot a group picture. Trying to get 6 sims to gather in one place and stay there for 5 seconds is like herding cats or toddlers.
    Aw yeah, there's gonna be more Liberty :)

That black and white diagonal stripe dress of Danielle's is getting to be iconic in this series.
    gen3-banner.png
    Aw yeah, there's gonna be more Liberty :)

That black and white diagonal stripe dress of Danielle's is getting to be iconic in this series.

I agree, it's such a beautiful dress and it suits her so well!
    edited May 2022
    Thank you ladies. I agree, as soon as my eyes found that dress in my collection I knew it was hers. That's her everyday #3 outfit, but she has another one in the same pattern but a different color that is her hot weather outfit. In better lighting it pops like that black and white. Here it is bad lighting and all
    Q5R2MT5.png?1

Her everyday 1 and 2 outfits have changed a couple of times, but that black and white number isn't going anywhere. I never realized anyone else loved that dress as much as I do. Now that I know how people feel about it, it will be showing up more often. And speaking of iconic, I haven't shot the scene yet, but she will be wearing that iconic dress in what I think will be an iconic picture. At the risk of giving too much away, I'm waiting for the weather in Tartosa to clear so that I can get the pictures I want. If it works as I see it in my mind, iconic. I could take the pic in Sulani and use the ocean there as the backdrop, but there is another element that I'm not sure Sulani can provide. Now I have something to think about while I'm at work. I'm getting close to putting together another episode. It will probably be a bit shorter than the last two, but if I do shorter episodes I can do them faster. And I get the feeling more often is just fine with the audience.πŸ˜‰

Thank you again for your interest in this story.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I love the title of your story. From the book and movie, right? Under the Tuscan Sun? Danielle is lovely. Nice to see Tartosa getting some attention. Despite the wedding gameplay glitches, the world itself has possibilities. I'm enjoying the girls' stories.

I felt for Liberty. She doesn't seem like a bad person, just got carried away by Travis' attention. I'm glad Summer and she talked it out. LOL at the expression on Travis' face when the two girls laid into him!

What fun having Liberty become a secret agent. Love her red dress outfit. She looks great! And romance is in the air. Matteo and Liberty. Leonardo and Summer. What's in store for Danielle, I wonder? Beautiful villa in Tartosa!

Fun Rom-Com. πŸ₯°
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    I'm so glad I came across this thread. I really enjoy it a lot. And that dress <3 where did you get it ?!
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

@WinterKhirin Thank you very much. I'm so happy you're enjoying the story! That dress is the work of Sentate. He has so many beautiful outfits. He has both a Patreon and Tumblr page with loads of amazing outfits. You can find that dress here:

Sentate Spring-Summer 2019

Thank you again!
    lanlyn wrote: Β»
    @DaniRose2143 I love the title of your story. From the book and movie, right? Under the Tuscan Sun? Danielle is lovely. Nice to see Tartosa getting some attention. Despite the wedding gameplay glitches, the world itself has possibilities. I'm enjoying the girls' stories.

I felt for Liberty. She doesn't seem like a bad person, just got carried away by Travis' attention. I'm glad Summer and she talked it out. LOL at the expression on Travis' face when the two girls laid into him!

What fun having Liberty become a secret agent. Love her red dress outfit. She looks great! And romance is in the air. Matteo and Liberty. Leonardo and Summer. What's in store for Danielle, I wonder? Beautiful villa in Tartosa!

Fun Rom-Com. πŸ₯°

Sorry it took me so long to answer back. Thank you for the kind words. This story has been so much fun to work on! It's becoming an enjoyable labor of love. The pun wasn't intended, but it fits. That is where I got the idea from. When I sat down to think up a title it popped in my head instantly. I asked a friend on here what she thought of the name, because I wasn't sold on it. She loved it, so that was that.

I took me a lot of tries over the years to give Liberty a makeover that I liked but I've finally found some hairs that bring out her beauty. I got really lucky with Travis' look and Summer's. They were happening at the same time. I saw Summer's face start to change and I paused at the perfect time to catch that. And I thought let's spin the camera around see what's happening with Liberty and Travis, and the results speak for themselves.😁

Danielle. She's going to be joining the romantic fun too. She's found her special someone, and I'm practicing on getting them positioned just right for an amazing photo to cap the next episode and set up the rest of the story.

edited June 2022
    I am taking a break from editing and writing to post a note here to let you know the episode will still be along this morning. The finale took longer to shoot because the idea I had in mind worked, but it worked so much better than I hoped for I got lost taking a huge number of shots from different angles. I got so lost in it by the time I finished I was too sleepy to keep going. I will post the whole series of shots from that scene afterwards. I was stunned by the shots and by the subjects and I think you will be too. I also had to go back in and shoot some more scenes for context and to fill a couple of gaps.

Back to work, see you soon.
    edited December 2022
    The day everybody has been waiting for is here. In a second, if your eyes haven't already peeked, we will see who it is that captured Danielle's heart. From watching it happen I can say for sure she went head over heels for her new love. Most of you probably have a good idea who it is. I had fun going around the forum dropping some subtle, and some not so subtle hints. For me, she found the one I wanted her to find, and I didn't have to do much of anything except organize their paths crossing the first time. They took it from there. So enough dragging out the suspense let's see who it is...

Chapter Six

This lovely young woman is Londyn Huntley. She is an aspiring actress from Sulani who happened to be in Tartosa to shoot some publicity shots for Plumbob Productions. It was only supposed to be two days and nights but Tartosan weather being what it is the shoot ran long. Londyn decided to spend a little bit of that free time at Celebrazioni D'Amore. It would turn out to be a decision that changed the course of her life. While she was enjoying some of the local nectar, she spotted a face that captivated her. Before she could work up the courage to go and start a conversation, the stranger had left.
    gGVJwW7.png
    But that face lingered in her mind all that night and was still fresh in her mind the next day when she was able to complete a few of the shots the studio wanted. It must have been fate because during the shoot Londyn spotted that face again. The stranger was no less captivating than she had been the night before.
    i0nubvb.png?2
    UQxF0dh.png?1

After the shoot wrapped for the day Londyn was able to meet the beautiful stranger and her friends. Londyn quickly realized, much to her delight, that the stranger was very friendly and instantly invited Londyn to join the group who was out for their daily swim in Tartosa bay. She also learned the stranger who had so fascinated her was named Danielle Chabert. What a coincidence, she told Danielle, I've been reading your books and they are fantastic.
    etTYBlt.png?1
    aT16Az8.png?1

This was better than Londyn could have imagined. She met her favorite author and was quickly becoming friends with her, but there was more to it. Londyn felt something stir in herself the night before when she first spotted Danielle. Now those feelings were even stronger. This wasn't anything new for Londyn, she had always been attracted to women, but never had anyone moved her like Danielle had.
    Now Londyn found herself being included in outings with Danielle and her friends. As she became more and more a part of the group, her feelings for Danielle were growing stronger and stronger. But would Danielle be receptive to Londyn's romantic interest. Londyn couldn't be sure but she thought she could feel an energy coming from Danielle, that Danielle's eyes lingered that little bit longer on her when they were talking, even with the full group around. Like the night at the Finchwick Fair. It was there that Londyn knew that Danielle was feeling something even if she hadn't said anything or made any moves to acknowledge her feelings. Londyn had been here before, and knew the look. Londyn was hopeful that this might be headed somewhere since she had never felt an attraction this strong before. She knew she was falling in love and she was praying that Danielle was feeling it too. Londyn loved being around Danielle and was quickly finding she wasn't happy unless Danielle was around.
    aMiRL17.png?2
    Xpp5Wb8.png?2
    0KnsuXE.png?1
    W95WFbg.png?1

Londyn had been right. Danielle had felt the spark of attraction too, all the way back on the day they met on the beach in Tartosa. It wasn't something Danielle was expecting. She had, once or twice felt a little something when looking at another woman. On those occasions it wasn't strong and only the first time made her wonder if perhaps she might be lesbian or bi. Danielle had no shortage of boyfriends over the years. Several of those romances had been intense, but ultimately none ever lasted more than a year or so. Now she had a lot too think about and sort out.
    Danielle spent the following day trying to make sense of her feelings.
    Ghdu6BQ.png
    yfEN1R1.png
    Zfh8D7e.png

It was no use, she needed to talk to Summer..
    Danielle: I need to discuss something and there's no else I trust with something like this except you.
    Summer: It's about your feelings for Londyn. You love her and you're freaking out.
    Danielle: Wha....how...
    Summer: Girl you are the only one who can't see it. We've all been talking about it. We can see it in her face, her eyes. She's totally, head-over-heels in love with you. And the look in your eyes when you look at her. You never get more than two or three steps away from her when you're together. Even Leonardo can see it and he's not a sophisticated, sensitive man who's in tune with his emotions. He's a playboy with all the emotional depth of a kiddie pool.
    G5FOtWV.png?1

Danielle: Why didn't you say something?
    Summer: I was going too, very soon in fact, but I was hoping you'd come to me like this. I wanted to get you two together in the worst way, but I didn't want to come at you and freak you out worse and ruin a beautiful thing. You two belong together, and if you screw this up Danielle, I am going to be so angry with you. I know you, you are deeper in love than I have ever seen you. You just haven't noticed it yet because you're frightened by something you never knew was in you. It's okay, we're all behind you and Londyn. Everyone in the group adores her and we all want both of you to be happy. The only way that's going to happen is if you accept the truth, let go, and give your heart to her completely.
    Danielle: I do love her, and you're right, this is scary. I can't think of anything other than her lately. I never thought of myself as a lesbian before. Oh once or twice in my life I have felt something when I looked at another woman, but nothing that made me question too hard.
    Summer: It was a little surprising but not shocking. I don't know why, but it wasn't. Maybe I sensed something but never gave it a lot of thought. But that doesn't matter. What does matter is that you go tell her you love her and don't get cold feet and mess this up. You tell me when and where and I will be nearby, but just out of sight, too lend you support if you need it.
    a4dLja7.png?1

Danielle: Thank you so much Summer. You are the best friend I've ever had.
    Summer: I was, now I'm your second best. Your best friend and soulmate is waiting for you. Go tell her you love her and you want to be with her.
    zrr8YQV.png?1

The following night, Danielle has set it up to meet Londyn at Celebrazioni. This was it, she was going to open her heart to Londyn and let fate take her wherever it would.
    Danielle: Hi Londyn! Im so glad you made it. How have you been? How'd you're day go?
    Londyn: Hey Danielle! I wouldn't miss an opportunity to hang out like this. I'm doing wonderful, and I've got an audition lined up for tomorrow. My first gig if I land it.
    Danielle; I'm sure you'll wow them. That part is already your's
    Londyn: Thank you Danielle. That is so sweet of you to say. I sure hope you're right.
    TNBhqI8.png

Danielle: Londyn, we need to talk.
    Londyn: Oh? What's on your mind?
    Danielle: Us. You and me....
    Londyn: Go ahead. You were saying, you and me.
    Danielle: Let's go some place quiet. There's a spot not far away where we can look at the ocean, smell the salt air, and watch the moon come up. What do say, how about taking a walk with me?
    Londyn: Sure! Lead the way.
    7VJBSnK.png

Danielle: Londyn, we have enjoyed having you join our little band of friends. I have really enjoyed have you there. And....well...
    Londyn: Yes?
    Danielle: I'm falling in love with you. No, that's not right. I'm not falling, I have fallen. I love you Londyn Huntley!
    Londyn: Im in love with you too, Danielle Chabert. I have dying to hear you say that. I've been in love with you since that day we met on the beach. I've known for a while you loved me too, but I knew this was a difficult thing for you to work out. I knew if I didn't push, you'd see it, make your peace with it and then you'd come to me. This is it, you are the one, you are my soulmate and I am yours. Always and forever.
    yfDZmKf.png
    GUtTtbw.png
    C7uPLWT.png
    BViyQGr.png
    EkEmk83.png
    q6E35R5.png

The following morning Londyn was preparing to head off to her audition....
    Danielle: You know, that offer to spend the night is good beyond just last night? You are welcome to stay here every night. I want you here with me Londyn. I love you.
    W6BeMjO.png
    Londyn: I will be here to stay in a couple of days. I need to go to this audition and then I will get things wrapped up and then I will be back. I love you too.rSPERkG.png

Londyn was off her game. She was distracted by her thoughts of Danielle and unfortunately she didn't land her acting gig. But she wasn't too upset. It meant she could get back to Danielle a day sooner and surprise her.
    Danielle was caught off guard, but her plans were in place and could be put into action quickly. First, back to their place, Celebrazioni D'Amore for a night of fun.

Some badly sung karaoke, but sung badly with passion.
    kB4aJlD.png
    R0S1ehO.png
    LRavb15.png

Some dancing
    9atkim6.png
    d4jFSCw.png
    v1lTA3X.png

Plenty of romancing
    pCvBdCd.png
    tbHlOIX.png
    ENxZ9sh.png
    jlNiCMl.png

And the night cap, as the moon sinks into the sea
    Passion
    5zjoudK.png
    Tenderness
    TxAMQiH.png
    The look of pure love
    KKlMEPY.png

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that's a great place to leave things for now. And anybody else feeling like their room is exceptionally warm right now? I can say it's toasty here. Wow! Thank you for reading along. The couples are now set. I was going to show you what was happening with Leo and Summer, and Matteo and Liberty, but the way this storyline with Londyn and Danielle played out I decided it needed the spotlight all to itself. It's still hot in here. Next time, we will catch up with the others and see what these two are up too. I will post the entire series of pictures from the beach. There are close 25-30 shots, or there about, that didn't make the cut. You're not going to believe my luck with staging that rendezvous.

Until next time, thank you so much for reading,
    Dani
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    Here is the full set of shots from the beach finale.
    5zjoudK.png
    TxAMQiH.png
    KKlMEPY.png
    utacuI6.png
    PWv1bqN.png
    Iy4SgYY.png
    PqnwlnU.png
    FcqQmew.png
    qnlR8oy.png
    eRJZlyl.png
    From the locked eyes photo
    pS5ZEAV.png
    RIF2x6T.png
    ZsOaUjf.png
    GvItCeU.png
    VZ3G8Dq.png
    Ib351oQ.png
    QGB6g46.png
    GKisT1d.png
    BfEboJZ.png
    wWcHhDj.png
    Probably my favorite shot from the bunch
    z0WGRYV.png
    F71hImB.png
    MSJ2YXM.png
    tJLbGsy.png
    cyK82YZ.png
    b7dUeu1.png
    This is from that final picture, the locked eyes.
    yDhRBtN.png
    @DaniRose2143

I love this finale!

Their matching dresses at the end were such a look, and I absolutely love how Summer was being the best supportive friend. I really enjoyed this, and sped through it, so thank you so much for writing this!
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @DaniRose2143 This was a lovely story, very sensitive and real. And it was so nice that the girls just took over the story for you. It all felt natural. "Meant to be." 😊 I also liked how you told the story through both girls' perspectives.

Londyn is beautiful. I like her background too--and that she'd read Danielle's books. This fits well with Danielle's career path and interests. Great match. The romance is so sweet, passionate, and fun! I also love that Summer was supportive of Danielle. And you had some gorgeous screenshots. Everything came together just right! Awesome. πŸ₯°
    @lilypadmeulin @lanlyn Thank you both very much. I created Londyn not that long ago but she has a place in my heart already. She has this magical personality. Lanlyn you probably noticed Londyn isn't wearing the outfit I had her model the other day. She was going to, but I was doing an outfit in another category and saw that dress and knew it would pair perfectly with Danielle's famous black and white number.

It took some practice to get that last shot on the beach. It turned out so good, when I paused it to grab photos I sat there for a minute just staring at them with my jaw on the floor. That closeup of them locking eyes really stands out the more I look at it. That look in Londyn's eyes is just...wow! You sometimes forget just how expressive sims are.

This episode was really heavy on the drama and Rom. Next time I want get plenty of Rom but more Com too.πŸ™‚ Thanks again!
    Love it :)
    They're moving pretty fast right? That is a lot of fun and very passionate but I wonder what further surprises might be in store as they get to know one another better....

gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite They are going fast, but they mesh together so good. They have chemistry. They made it to best friend status fast too. The one I'm worried about is Leonardo. He's already hit Danielle up on the phone asking should he go out with so and so a couple of times, while dating Summer. That's why I stuck in the line where Summer refers to him as a shallow player. Summer sees it already, but then I never intended for Summer to settle down this fast. I want her date for a while first.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    This was well worth the wait. No pressure but when's the next installment? πŸ˜„
    This was well worth the wait. No pressure but when's the next installment? πŸ˜„

I might be able to work something up by next weekend. It kind of depends...<scratch,scratch>.... on whether or not I can...AHoooooo...ahem, keep my mind focused on the task.😁 Frankly I'm shocked I got this one done this week with all the werewolf mania.🀣

I do have some footage for Summer and Leo done. Same for Liberty and Matteo. I'd like to get a little more from them plus keep up with Londyn and Danielle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top