Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    edited March 13
    Chapter Twenty Four

Sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven. No matter what the path is that you're walking. For Summer that was the path that led to love and being loved and cherished in return. There's been no shortage of men that Summer has given her heart to, only to have it mistreated, broken. She never stopped believing she would find the one she was meant to be with. She kept her faith that love was hers. Through the wave of short lived teen romances she kept believing and searching. She never let go of that hope even after Travis Scott, the one she thought was going to be her soulmate, broke it worse than any man ever had. Not only did he treat her like she barely existed romantically, he took advantage of her friend Liberty. Travis lied about everything, tried to blame Liberty and very nearly cost the ladies their friendship in the process. It's no wonder Summer needed some space and that she would have moments of doubt about whether real love was ever going to find her.
    pjSlz3E.png?1
    QvM4BNf.png
    pepM7io.png?1

Darian LaRue is the end of Summer's long and winding road to find the heart that will love her unconditionally. No man has ever showed her the kind of attention Darian has. He came to Tartosa after he and some friends from college decided to sell the Dotcom company they built to Simstagram. Flush with cash the friends made the decision to go their separate ways for a couple of years and then see about, 'Getting the band back together'. Darian figured Tartosa would be a nice change of pace. He would come and spend a bit of time before moving on to the next stop on his 'World Wide Darian Tour' as he thought of it. The ways of love are often as mysterious as they are wondrous.
    A short time after he arrived in Tartosa, Darian happened to bump into Danielle Huntley while wandering around the town square shops. They struck up a conversation. Through the course of the conversation Danielle, ever the matchmaker, brought up her friend Summer. She talked her up and stoked Darian's interest. She also managed to steer the two together after talking to Summer about him. After that love took over from there. Now the two of them have found a nice home that they share as they grow closer together. Summer is working her way up the ladder in the Tartosan culinary scene and that hard work is about to result in a big surprise...

"No way! Darian! You're not going to believe the email I just got!" Summer squealed as she recovered from her initial shock.
    PDwW6vI.png

Darian had been absorbed in watching a soccer match between two local teams, Tartosa FC and Sporting Tartosa. Summer's shouts got his attention. "Did some prince somewhere die and leave you his fortune" Darian chuckled as he wandered over to see what had her so excited, even by Summer Holiday's lofty standards of unbridled joy.

"No, smart aleck. I've been asked to submit a video in a competition to find the host of a new cooking show." Summer was beaming by this point.
    QGG6pjX.png

She could hardly believe her luck. When she submitted her resume for the first step in the selection process, she didn't really think she'd make it to this step. Word of mouth about who had entered the competition had Summer doubting whether or not she'd even make it this far. She was gaining a good reputation from customers and peers, but she was still fairly new. The next step was to make a audition tape in hopes of making it to the final contenders.

"That's awesome sweetie! You are the best cook I know! Whatever you do, don't tell my mom I said that."
    "I've got you now big boy! I can use that little tidbit of information to bend you to my will!"
    "You wouldn't..."
    "No, I wouldn't. I just wanted to see you sweat for a second, lover boy."
    Kcin3Vy.png

Sweetie, I am so proud of you! You are an amazing woman and I am very lucky to have found you.
    35yq0yy.png

"You should say thank you to my friend Danielle too."Summer said while gazing into Darian's adoring eyes.
    "Oh? Why's that?" Darian said while trying unsuccessfully to appear innocent.
    2MKXqJX.png?1

"Honey bear, I knew what she was up to when she came over to my place and started talking all about you. Danielle, Liberty, and I grew up together. I can read her like a book...and when it comes to affairs of the heart I trust her completely. You are proof that girl is still batting a 100." Summer purred the last part.
    "I love you sweetie. And for the record, it's batting 1.000" Darian chuckled.
    "Didn't your mother tell you it's not polite to correct a lady when she's complementing you?"
    "Well, technically you were complementing your friend."
    "Don't give me technicalities mister, just give me those sweet, sweet lips."
    IBgWRVo.png

Two days later, his equipment dug out, Darian put his knowledge to work getting the kitchen setup for Summer's video debut. He and his friends did a lot of videos, usually of themselves doing things that almost always required the disclaimer: 'Do not try this at home'. For his part Darian was the one behind the camera as often as not. He did get on camera doing ill-advised stunts occasionally, but in his mind he was fearless, not stupid. That's why he stayed mostly behind the camera. Now those skills were about to pay off again for his lady.

"All set. Whenever you're ready my dear."
    bCXSCJx.png
    "Show us what you got, love."
    LsxibO5.png
    cB3mbWW.png
    i6cC71u.png
    Yf2E2Y3.png

"What are you doing?"
    "Ummm, ruining the shot?"
    "Where were those powers of observation about 30 seconds ago? It's a good thing I love you, silly boy."
    cKUuhy2.png

"Just a few more and we'll be good."
    jr068lw.png
    4ZEjv5F.png
    J4hemYC.png
    ZHCRyd6.png
    GC5Cf2J.png
    UJmKOlk.png
    u2yxfrh.png

"You were spectacular!"
    25zcwNd.png

With the video shot, edited, and sent away, it was all in someone else's hands. Still, Summer couldn't help wondering and dreaming about what the immediate future held. Would that be her up there, on that TV screen someday? She hoped so.
    oYT8NgT.png
    "How are you feeling sweetie"
    "Nervous. This next week is going to seem like an eternity."
    dTP11w3.png

"You were wonderful. I think you have a really good chance."
    "I feel like you're right, but I have to be honest, with you and myself. The odds are really stacked against me. I'm by far and away the least experienced out of everyone. I'm not throwing in the towel, I may still get into the finals."
    "You're handling this well and I think, whatever the outcome of this, even if you don't get the gig, you'll be there someday."
    ink7u8d.png

"It's funny you should mention that. I've been thinking, 'What if I don't get the gig'?
    "And..."
    "You have all kinds of streaming equipment. And we have that room upstairs that we haven't figured out what to do with."
    "I think I know where you're headed..."
    "We'll just do our own web based cooking show."
    "I knew it. I was thinking that over myself and I was going to wait before I brought it up."
    "Honey bear, I'm thinking why wait to see what happens? Let's go ahead and create our own studio."
    sH2uO5x.png
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    edited November 2022
    I started working on Allegra’s part of the new episode, and it quickly spiraled into an episode all its own. I don’t know that I’ll have it done tonight, but tomorrow for sure. I think it’s going to be interesting. Painful lessons about pride and some side splitting laughs. Prepare now for Hurricane Allegra!😂
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Future food network star! I really enjoyed this episode. 😊
    @simgirl1010 Thank you so much!🙂 I've been having fun acting out Liberty's work as a secret agent, and that played a part in this storyline for Summer. There's a lot I can do acting out a cooking show. It's a lot more fun than the rabbit hole versions of those careers. I cheat a bit of money into their bank accounts each week to simulate a paycheck. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle Matteo's culinary career. Have him own a bakery or restaurant? Maybe I could have him buy a stake in La Cucina Toscana, and eventually take over as the new owner?🤔
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,621 Member
    "Summer Food"? "Holiday Cooking"? I mean the show names itself. How can this miss? Watch out Alton Brown... :)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    @luciusstorm I love those ideas! I'm still in Allegra mode, but I'm sure I'll think up a few also.
    A little glimpse of Hurricane Allegra in full category 5 fury. Don't get the wrong impression about Allegra or Matteo because of this picture.
    kbBXR4n.png

She is really nice and Matteo isn't turning into a bad guy. Liberty was fun to watch through the whole verbal barrage and will have plenty of hilarious lines from the moment Allegra arrives to the end of the episode. The ladies steal the show. All will be revealed in the next episode, which I hope to have done tomorrow night.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    A little glimpse of Hurricane Allegra in full category 5 fury. Don't get the wrong impression about Allegra or Matteo because of this picture.
    kbBXR4n.png

Oh, but I get the distinct impression of an eyeroll from Liberty in the front there.

The cooking show episode was great :) Good luck Summer, whether on the official competition, or making your very own!
    @mightysprite There is a bit an eyeroll-ish look. That's because of where I placed the TV, which she felt needed watching so she could pretend she wasn't aware of the argument raging in the room. It was a pretty one-sided argument really. Allegra went on the offensive and barely let Matteo come up for air. When Allegra started giving Matteo a piece of her mind Liberty was sitting at the chess table and her facial expressions were perfect. Anyway, I think you'll find Allegra was in the right and finally got through to her brother about something he absolutely has to do, but hasn't done yet. Don't let the picture fool you, you will love Allegra.
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Twenty Five

As a boy growing up on the family vineyard in the hills overlooking Tartosa, Matteo Rossi was always surrounded by loved ones. His parents, Davide and Francesca, his nonna Vittoria, and his spiritual twin, his sister Allegra. If there was anyone who truly understood him, it was Allegra. With the family's villa a fair distance away from Tartosa, it was common for Allegra and Matteo to hang around together. They were closer than most brothers and sisters because of that isolation. But the biggest factor was how much Matteo made over his little sister. She in turn thought he was the greatest. As they grew older and transportation into the town easier to come by, they maintained their bond in spite of having new groups of friends to hang out with.

But then, shortly after graduation from secondary school, Matteo changed. He still loved his family dearly, but he started running with a different crowd. Guys that were only interest in where the next party was, or scoping out the next one night stand, who revel in the worst aspects of male behavior. It broke his parents hearts, and his little sister's too. Up to this point in his life he'd been the good son, the good guy, but inside he was grappling with insecurities. His 'friends', like Leonardo Ricci, would hang out with him, but then make him the butt of jokes about being gay because he wasn't exactly like them. He openly respected women and saw them as equals and not objects put here for his use. His parents made sure of that as part of his upbringing, but it also stemmed from his closeness with his sister. They were heartbroken, but it reached a point where finally his mother and sister both felt there was nothing left to do but cut him loose. Leave him to learn from his mistakes and hope he came to his senses and remembered everything he'd learned from his upbringing.
    WIFkOJT.png

Time passed, Matteo came back from the brink thanks in no small part to Danielle for befriending him. Then for introducing him to Liberty, his true salvation. He reached out to his family to start mending fences which they were eager to do. He was filled with deep regret for his choices during those years, and like a portion of the male population, his pride had taken a lot of abuse. That drew Allegra to visit him in person during a break from her schedule with the Windenburg Opera.
    U8jvSBO.png
    "Allegra! I’ve really missed you! Look at you, all grown up. And even more stylish than before."L4ASMmd.png

"Thank you Matteo. It is wonderful to finally have you back, and to feel like we're a family again."r1pRLAr.png

"Not to lower the mood or anything, but I thought you said you'd be coming to visit for a couple of days", Matteo asked quizzically while glancing over Allegra's shoulder.
    Allegra, following his gaze replied, "Oh, the luggage? I decided for once to try traveling light and only packing the absolute essentials."
    "I guess I wasn't hearing things. A minute or so before you knocked I could have sworn I heard a man swearing in Simtalian."
    “Yes. That was the taxi driver. He wanted his simoleons after pulling the bags out of the taxi. I told him when the luggage was on the porch he’d get paid. I did make it worth his while.”
    “That’s my sister, just as fiery as mom.”
    “Of course. That’s the what you get when mix estrogen and D’Angelo blood..”
    syixO0y.png

"Are you going to stand there like a man shaped lump, or are you going to introduce me to your fiancé?"
    "Right this way. I've already warned her about you."
    "You what? What have you told that lovely woman about me, Matteo Rossi!..."
    "I just warned her you are a force of nature."
    "Oh, un uomo divertente!" Allegra said with a smirk
    (Oh, a funny man)
    "Come in Allegra and let me introduce you to Liberty"

"Liberty, this is my sister I have been telling you about, Allegra. Allegra meet the angel who save me from myself, Liberty."
    "Matteo, non hai reso giustizia a questa donna con la tua descrizione. La mia nuova sorella è la donna più bella del mondo!"
    Matteo, you did not do this woman justice with your description. My new sister is the loveliest woman in the world.
    jQ7LGaM.png
    "Ummm, Matteo, babe, I have no idea what she just said, but I think I like it."
    "She called you the loveliest woman in the world. I warned you, when Allegra gets excited she slips back into Simtalian. She really is fluent in Simlish." Matteo said.
    "I can speak for myself thank you very much dear brother. Why did you say warned, that's what I want to know? I asked you this outside, what sorts things have you told her about me?" Allegra replied, fixing Matteo with a gaze that pinned him to his spot and left him feeling sheepish.
    "Uhhh...."
    "Stick with 'uhh' before you dig yourself a deeper hole, Matteo." Allegra said playfully before turning to Liberty, "Men! You know how they are."
    "I like her a lot!" Liberty exclaimed.
    qDyW6aw.png

After picking up a serving of Matteo's wonderful carbonara, Allegra paused to admire the view, "I love Windenburg, and I love performing with the opera there, but seeing the sunset here reminds how much I miss Tartosa."
    x9w7W6O.png
    Allegra spent that evening, and late into the night reminiscing with Matteo, and getting to know Liberty. The vino flowed. There was, in the tradition of Tartosa, no shortage of decadent dishes on which to dine. Calories are always something to worry about tomorrow. The night was for seeking and enjoying, la dolce vita, the sweet life. And there was, as always, the lovely views of the Tartosan coast, and the Simiterranean sea.
    iNn7vl7.png

Allegra set about making Liberty feel a part of the Rossi family. Neither woman had a sister growing up and they were really bonding with each other and forming their own sisterhood. Before she headed back to Windenburg, Allegra wanted to take Liberty on a girl's day out. Just the two of them, and some female friend time. Allegra had another item on her to do list and it is was a mission from their mother. It seems Matteo has been in contact with his parents since he got his life back together, but it has only been by texts and phone calls. Allegra and Liberty discussed the situation for some time after Matteo went to bed.

Allegra already knew that Liberty had gotten directions from Francesca and had gone out on her own to meet her future in-laws on several occasions. Liberty had explained that she had been trying to get Matteo to come along, but she sensed he was troubled by the thought. The three women knew exactly what the problem was, stubbornness and male pride. Francesca and Allegra had talked about this before she left Windenburg. Allegra assured her mother she knew exactly how to handle her brother, all she needed was an opening. During their conversation on the veranda, Allegra let Liberty in on her plan. She also cautioned Liberty that things were going to get heated. Matteo is a sweet and wonderful man, but like most men, hardheaded.

"Trust me and go with me on this" Allegra said between sips of her Soft Shadow, "I'll get him out there tomorrow to see our mother and father. And besides which you'll learn a thing or two about how to work him and get him to do things he needs to do, but doesn't want to."
    "So how do we do this..."
    5hHb9k7.png

The following day, after his daily relaxation time in the jacuzzi, Matteo walked right into Allegra's trap. The ladies had been enjoying a game of chess with Liberty positioned on the far side of the board where she could watch Matteo.

"He just got out of the jacuzzi", Liberty said, "and he always towels off over by the aquarium and then comes in through the kitchen." Allegra fixed her eyes on Liberty's and whispered, "This will get heated and sound ugly, but trust me, I know what I'm doing. His ego is going to take a beating, but he's had plenty of time to do this the easy way. It's his own fault."
    T1EJNJh.png
    "Matteo! Dear brother, Liberty and I were just discussing your very romantic proposal" Allegra said with an almost acidic sweetness.
    u2qGAHg.png

"Yes it was. I had a lot of help from Liberty's friends in setting it up. We chose La Cucina Toscana. I know you remember that romantic little ristorante that mom and dad took us to so often growing up" Matteo said without realizing he'd sprung Allegra's trap and he was about catch holy <redacted> from her.
    "Oh yes, mom and dad, speaking of which...why have you not gone to see them in person since you found your way back?" was Allegra's venom soaked question.
    m1Zvs6F.png

Matteo's face instantly froze in the universal look of a deer in the headlights. Allegra had the upper hand and she wasn't about to let him get a word in until she was good and ready. She was in full blown tirade mode and the Simtalian began to flow...
    IO6y9Jg.png

Do you have any idea how much it hurt your mother when you turned your back on us? Did you hear her cry herself to sleep most nights?"
    "Hai idea di quanto abbia ferito tua madre quando ci hai voltato le spalle? L'hai sentita piangere fino a farla addormentare quasi tutte le notti?"

"I have to learn Simtalian if it kills me" Liberty thought. She was trying really hard not to smile or laugh. "Why do men always insist in doing things the hard way? It must have something to do with testosterone poisoning" Liberty thought, continuing her inner monologue.
    94kdTpa.png

Allegra was at a full boil now. She continued her onslaught, still not ready to let Matteo regain his balance. "Every night at dinner she sat there looking at the spot right across the table from her where you always were! Every night I watched tears roll down her face as she looked at that spot and wondered what had happened to you! Now, when her heart is full of joy that her little Matteo is ok and back from the darkness, you stomp on it all over again because you won't come around so she can see you, and hug you, and tell you face to face how much she loves you!
    "Ogni sera a cena sedeva lì a guardare il punto proprio di fronte a lei, dove eri sempre! Ogni notte guardavo le lacrime rigarle il viso mentre guardava quel punto e mi chiedevo cosa ti fosse successo! Ora, quando il suo cuore è pieno di gioia per il fatto che il suo piccolo Matteo stia bene e sia tornato dall'oscurità, lo calpesti di nuovo perché non verrai in giro così lei può vederti, e abbracciarti, e dirti faccia a affronta quanto ti ama!"
    ebZHf10.png

The last sentence hit home hard and Allegra could see it in Matteo's eyes. So she relented a bit and allowed Matteo to start gathering himself. She paused knowing he was nearly ready to speak and then allowed him the opening to save himself or shoot himself in the foot. He chose the later.

"Allegra, that's not fair, I've been busy with work and spending time with Liberty as we build our relationship" he offered weakly. Allegra couldn't believe her brother would offer up such a lame excuse and she couldn't hide her disbelief and exasperation. The pause and his speaking broke the spell and she realized she had been raging at him in their native Simtalian.
    53qVmMq.png

"You didn't just give me that sorry excuse, you couldn't possibly be dumb enough to expect that to make everything ok! Your problem is your stubborn male pride! The most fragile object in the universe is a man's ego."
    "There we are. I knew at some point you were going to bring out the feminist diatribe about male egos and pride, yada yada yada."
    ye5XgWV.png

"I love you to death Matteo, but you really stepped in it now" Liberty said under her breath, as Allegra moved in for the kill.
    kbBXR4n.png

"How dare you try to turn this around and try to make me into the villain" Allegra said, her anger building again, "I'm not the one that turned my back on the family to run around with that pathetic little worm Leonardo Ricci. And now you give me excuses that sound like they came right from his mouth. Have you really changed are was that all an act?"

"Allegra, that is taking it too far" said Liberty as she was no longer able to remain a bystander. "You and I both know that isn't the case and it's hitting below the belt. I've been right there with you the whole way, but not that. I think you know you were in the wrong there, and I think you've made your point.
    6MmJrpW.png

Matteo, you really do need to go see your parents. I've been out there myself to see them, and talk to them, and I know you have nothing to fear. They are not going to throw your past in your face. All they want is to see their son, and tell him how much they love him and to welcome him back. Tomorrow, all three of us are going up there, and we are going to put this to rest."
    0vJceCG.png

"You're right Liberty. I'm sorry Matteo, I got carried away. Can you forgive me?"
    "I never could stay mad at you for long. And you still know how to get through to me. Thank you for the wake up call."
    y0xkmuO.png

LOL at the testosterone poisoning
    And at the luggage!
    By the way, how did you get the Windenburg greeting in Tartosa?
    jQ7LGaM.png

I've always loved that and wished my sims could do it anywhere.
    @mightysprite Thank you so much. I didn't get in as many laughs as I wanted but I'm happy with the ones I did.
    I'm not sure where it came from. It just says, 'kiss cheek', under the friendly tab. One of my 10,000 mods most likely.
    There's much more to come with Liberty and Allegra. There's Allegra taking Liberty shopping through Tartosa. They may have a surprise for us as part of that shopping spree. I wonder what it might be?🤔 But first I have to find a house for Matteo's parents and then film their reunion.
    @DaniRose2143, I love her. I can't think of anything else to say about that. I love her. <3

Matteo, the strong tree bends before the storm.

Liberty, be glad she likes you and don't screw this up. :)
    Hey everyone, I did a quick edit this morning to the dialogue. I switched things up and put Allegra's longer lines where she speaks in Italian under the spoiler tags and moved the English to show instead. I love this part of her character, but in the future those lines in Italian will be kept short, a couple of words with translation attached, and at most a short sentence. The longer Italian version being the one everyone sees and then have to click the spoiler to read the English is not fair to you. I hope you all enjoy her story as much as I did writing it.🙂
    edited November 2022
    @luciusstorm Thank you very much. I had a feeling you were going to love her.

I'm starting to develop a signature character profile. Stylish women who are intelligent, independent, and fierce. I love that my ladies aren't the damsel in distress stereotype, or that they don't feel complete because they didn't have a man. They want love and companionship. They want romance, but with someone who sees the relationship as a partnership and them as an equal.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    So glad Matteo is finding his way back to his family. And kudos to Allegra for not being afraid to expose his fragility.
    @luciusstorm Thank you very much. I had a feeling you were going to love her.

I'm starting to develop a signature character profile. Stylish women who are intelligent, independent, and fierce. I love that my ladies aren't the damsel in distress stereotype, or that they don't feel incomplete because they didn't have a man. They want love and companionship. They want romance, but with someone who sees the relationship as a partnership and them as an equal.

I love that too :)
    I love that too :)

You will not be disappointed with future storylines. You have my solemn promise.
    I have the shots I need, or most of them, for Matteo's reunion with his parents. I've made it a storyline that his parents still live in the family villa in the hills outside of Tartosa. Since there is nothing like that in the game, Summer's old lot is the spot where I set up their villa. It is technically at the top of a hill so I stayed true to that part at least.😉
    9Ii2MYF.png

Afterwards Allegra took her brother and soon to be sister in law out for a meal at La Cucina Toscana.ejdCtIz.png

Like Izabella, Allegra is a mesmerizing new character. I have something in mind for Liberty, something I've been thinking about as she's been evolving, and Allegra and Francesca will play a part in it if I do it.
    Z7c6fAP.png
  • freundhein17freundhein17 Posts: 7 New Member
    I love all of these characters and I can't wait to see where you're going with the story! Hurricane Allegra for the win!
    Thank you @freundhein17. I have a lot of ideas and no shortage of characters. Who knows what surprises my characters may spring on us as well?😲
    I almost forgot, I still have one more character to bring into the story. Back during the summer I posted a teaser with Rayvn Nash and Judith Ward. I've mentioned her a time or two also. These two are going to bring some spiciness to the story. It's all peaches and cream between them at the moment. Rayvn knows how to butter up Judith, but it's all an act.

c3rN2fX.png

The way to picture these two, if you've ever seen the old soap opera Dynasty, think Krystle and Alexis. Once Rayvn gets what she wants out of Judith the fur is going to fly. I originally planned to have one kill the other but that's not my style and a standing rivalry is much more fun. This is one storyline that could actually turn into a spinoff.
    edited November 2022
    After some thought and with help from @simgirl1010, I'm going to move Judith and Rayvn's story to its own thread. With the additions of Izabella and Allegra this story has enough characters and storylines. There's no connection to the rest of the story either. I don't know yet if I'll have any of the characters from this story make cameos or if Rayvn and Judith is going to be a completely separate story. This isn't the end of this story. Tartosan Sun is my baby. The story is very special to me, the characters have a place in my heart, and it will take priority over this second story, spinoff or not. Judith and Rayvn will be a fun change of pace to help keep the creativity flowing.
    I'll read about them anywhere :) Villains are fun too!
    I'll definitely read Judith and Rayvn's story. I'm really interested to see your take on Judith.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top