Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foxbury vs Britechester

Which school do you prefer?
Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png

Foxbury vs Britechester 58 votes

Foxbury [i](Sims 4)[/i]
17%
bshag4lvStormkeepMeela_PashtEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlColton147147Nekia33painterdogzdinnerVeeDubTheStarrSimmer 10 votes
Britechester [i](Sims 4)[/i]
55%
Frn0731GalacticGalbabajayneMariefoxprice83simgirl1010Sati101spice3annaliese39DoloresGreyOldeseadoggeKamason14MDianaSimsmusteniKyreRoenHopeyStarrOceancatgrassharpBK747RememberJoyAngie1301 32 votes
Sims University [i](Sims 3)[/i]
12%
SikoahGracemystang1972taydevTeeSeaKathykinsRedShoe7SERVERFRA 7 votes
Sim State University[i](Sims 2)[/i]
5%
suetoopbarracuda1574EmmyGee 3 votes
La Fiesta Tech[i](Sims 2)[/i]
5%
Mindofysimmietimeduhboy2u2 3 votes
Académie Le Tour[i](Sims 2)[/i]
5%
AyradyssAtreya33Daephene 3 votes

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    out of sims 4 ones i always use britechester it just matches my sims and their stories better being all old antiques n stuff + mascot is dragon sooo obvious win there

though tbh i think foxbury will be fun too once i get to some more modern households in my save cause i edited the common room to be extra fun so im looking forward to it

i do remember ts2 university fondly though but i can't for life of me remember which university is the one i used cause its been a while since i played ts2

ts3 was too stressful so i did university like once and never touched it again :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Foxbury [i](Sims 4)[/i]
    I voted Foxbury, only because I like the student commons I have in Foxbury more than the one I have in Britechester. Both are completely renovated commons though and I'm not sure which I'd like more if judged purely based on how they originally were, because I don't recall.

My true favorite would be a TS2 university that was a custom neighborhood, but it's not one of the voting options.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2022
    It depends on the purpose and the sims.

I have used both in Sims 4 and all three in Sims 2.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I tend to wind up at Britechestet more often because I have more creative type sims and get the distinguished degrees but if I want the more tech savvy sims to go college (which few do) I'd pick Foxbury. Also Britechester reminds me of when I went to university
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I voted Foxbury, only because I like the student commons I have in Foxbury more than the one I have in Britechester. Both are completely renovated commons though and I'm not sure which I'd like more if judged purely based on how they originally were, because I don't recall.

actually yeah the britechester commons is bit problematic cause the lot is so small and kind of oddly placed so if its just commons foxbury certainly has more room for fun

ofc one could just make britechester commons into tower or something to gain more space but the thing is it totally hides the cool building behind so i ended up just swapping it for soccer field :lol: idk i think im gonna need to make basement or something
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Britechester, if only because it doesn't seem to take as long for sims to get to the buildings for their classes, whereas I feel like my sims are constantly late for class navigating around the Foxbury Campus with all those stairs!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It takes too long for sims to walk to class at the Foxbury dorms and this caused 2 of my sims to fail their biology classes recently. If only they would hustle more and not get bugged out while walking down those steps occasionally (with the Go to Class dropping out of queue). And if they go jogging, they often stop abruptly because of the stairs. I don’t have these problems at UBrite.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    In all fairness, I have yet to even try Foxbury-U, as the reports about it being glitched in the beginning was rather off-putting to me. I do have to say I like the buildings in Britechester_U. Most of my Sims end up needing the higher degree offered them at Britechester. I only have two in the Science quest.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    My sim’s usually end up at Foxbury for the distinguished degrees, but I love the look and layout of Britechester so much more. I can’t really compare to the Sims 2 because it’s been 14 years since I last touched them, but I vaguely remember mostly using the Verona based one.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I like the buildings at Foxbury, but for some reason my camera gets thrown way out when I play there so it makes it hard to move around, so I prefer Britechester where the campus is generally all one level.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Académie Le Tour for sims 2 and britechester for sims 4. I like the look and feel of both of these. Académie Le Tour looked more familiar than the other two, was the only one with default student organisations with mixed genders and the secret society had a fun secret lot. In sims 4 I enjoy the historical setting of britechester a lot, especially for spellcasters.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Foxbury [i](Sims 4)[/i]
    It's the only one I've sent my sims too, because they need degrees from there. Although I've never had my sims live on campus so I haven't experienced being late to class. I do love the traditional look of Britechester though it's beautiful.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited April 2022
    I just like the look of it better
    In sims 2 it was alway sim state uni. Just liked the large dorms.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Foxbury [i](Sims 4)[/i]
    For those of you who commented in this thread about being late for class at Foxbury, if you're willing to use mods, LittleMsSam has a mod that gives Sims a speed buff when it's time for class. It works really well.

Anyway, anyone who wants the mod, it is available here and named "Faster Run to University Class".

(Accidentally put this in a different thread originally, I think I need to sleep)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    In the Sims 4 I prefer Britechester and in the Sims 2 I prefer Académie Le Tour.

I haven't had a chance to play university in the Sims 3 yet, soon I will do that.

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I picked Britechester because it feels more like a tradtional university campus to me. I attended a university with many well-established traditions and older buildings, so I'm naturally drawn to that atmosphere.

I've had a Sim attend Foxbury, too, and I ended up liking it more than I'd expected. She lived at home, so I didn't encounter the problem some of you mentioned, when your Sim was constantly running late to class. I've also had a Sim at UBrite fall in love with a Foxbury student, so he spent quite a bit of time on their campus. They'll probably have a "house divided" once they marry, which is almost certainly going to happen. <3
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I had a lot of fun with the La Fiesta Tech premades in Sims 2. But the Sims 2 university experience is so lacking.

In Sims 4 my sims attend whichever university has the distinguished degree they want, if they're motivated enough characters to be gunning for one in the first place. Otherwise, they go to the one that their friends are at, or they don't go at all.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've never played the Universities in TS2, and never played TS3. I can't really vote for an ultimate favorite between Foxbury and Britechester. I like them both for different reasons. Yes, it's easier to navigate to class in Britechester, but I don't like the commons. Though I like the old buildings on the outside with the ivy and such, I don't like that kind of décor on the inside. The Foxbury commons is my favorite, especially since I have a reno of it by lilsimsie. I liked it better beforehand though. However, all those stairs can be very hard to navigate quickly when trying to get to class on time.

I've found a workaround for that though when my Sims live in the dorms. I don't wait until they have the 'get to class early' in their queue. I send my Sims to Larry's Lagoon a couple hours or more early for class. They spend some time having breakfast, doing homework, researching or getting to know their dorm/classmates before heading over to wait in front of their classroom building. I give them around 90 minutes to get there. If they have another class soon after and it's in the same building, they'll stand there and do homework for the class that just ended.

Other times I've had my students bring skill objects to use while waiting as well such as; easel, painter tablet, guitar, violin, perhaps juggle a soccer ball if they're on the soccer team, portable table/chair and laptop, etc. Anything portable they can use to kill time and/or make some kind of progress at the same time. This goes for both Universities, not just Foxbury, just substitute Darby's for Larry's commons. :)
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited April 2022
    Britechester because Foxbury has a lot of issues.
    Bikes don't work properly in Foxbury and my Sims often cancel going to class autonomously and then I never know in which building their classes are held. They always get late for classes because of this. I have only two Sims (siblings) living in Foxbury dorm and the last time that save was next on my rotation I skipped it, because it stressed and frustrated me too much to play. I may just pull the siblings out of the dorm and continue with them going to Uni from home when their next semester starts.
    Britechester works perfectly in my game, though.
    edited April 2022
    yeah going to classes is kinda problematic even in britechester tbh you really have to send sims down like way earlier than its queued as its only queued when theyre supposed to already be on the class

then like since you cannot queue it yourself you just have to keep waiting for it to show up i usually even have to pause the game so game can catch up with what the time is like idk somehow its all glitchy especially if you don't play speed 1 at all times

+ yes its so frustrating when your sim stands in front of wrong building cause there is no telling which building its using this time
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2022
    I like the Foxbury's aesthetic more because it reminds me of MUNI kampus a little. However I prefer Britechester because there are no stupid stairs so your sim can ride a bike to school and doesn't have to stop for the stairs so they actually make it to class in time.

If Foxbury had only platforms instead of those nonsense stairs it would be so much better.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sims University [i](Sims 3)[/i]
    Sims 3 University was way better than Sims 4 Discover University.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Its appearance reminds me of the University in the UK where am presently in an online programme in writing & literature. In TS2 I usually go by which one matches the climate vibe of the home world.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited April 2022
    In TS4, it's kind of hard for me to choose. I've really not played Britechester much as most of my college-going Sims so far have been heading toward science/tech careers. Foxbury has just been the place that best fits their needs. I probably wouldn't hesitate to say Foxbury if it wasn't for all the crazy verticality and stairs. They could seriously use some kind of ramps or something.

In TS2, my favorite was Academie Le Tour. Overall, I have to say my TS2 Uni experience was the most fun and memorable, so that's what I've went with for the poll. It was a lot of fun, and I remember doing a lot of interacting between student Sims, trying to guide a couple together here or there (TS2 had the attraction system which made that more interesting) and various out-of-classroom activities. (Hackey-sack w/multiple Sims, could start an impromptu yoga session with multiple Sims who'd all try to coordinate their poses, etc.)

Actually, some of the best memories I have from TS2 Uni-play came about due to the way that time only progressed for your active lot, while it was frozen for everywhere else -- that combined with bringing other EPs into the mix. I'd work to make sure my Sims did their best and made some good grant/scholarship money, then after the semester ended, there'd be a day or two break before the start of the next semester. I would use any excess Simoleans to take my Sim and her roommates out on a vacation via Bon Voyage. They could go to a different location at the end of each semester and take a vacation that would last several days, as the time at the University was frozen while they were at the vacation world. After a fun getaway, they'd return to campus just a moment after they'd left, refreshed and ready to dive into the next semester. Realistic? No. But I sure didn't care -- had great fun with it. :smile:
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited April 2022
    Foxbury [i](Sims 4)[/i]
    I have sent sims to both uni's but the one that gets used the most would have to be Foxbury, as many of the sims I have sent to college need honorary degrees in robotics and computer science and Foxbury seems the more modern site to learn. I also tweaked the Foxbury Commons, Lobster Larry's or something like that, which I prefer over Britechester's.

The only sim who comes to mind that I sent to Britechester, is now a distinguished judge on the bench. I like that the honorary degrees aren't at one school.

Edit To Say, I put the first sim in a dorm, after the pack was released...I will never subject my sims to that again. :D Nope, they live at home.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.