Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC problem

Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
HI. I downloded some default face templates from Mod the Sims and I put the package files in my Downloads file but they are not showing in game. I have tried 2 different ones with the same problem. Any ideas please? Thanks.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Default faces would only show up on newly created Sims. Have you tried making new Sims?
  • Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    Hi. Yes I went straight into CAS and looked but they’re not showing up at all.
    Did you remember to unzip/unrar the files?
    Hi. Yeah I did everything I’ve done with my other CC and put the package files into the Downloads folder. I just can’t understand why they’re not showing. I chose one that’s default and had full 27 faces.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Did the creator have any specific directions of what to do and or how these would work? Or mention you need anything else to make these work? Best to read all the creator's notes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Hi. I did read the notes and it just said to put packages in downloads folder. I did see in comments that some had same problem as me but o solution was posted there.
    Can you post the link to the defaults you're trying to install?
    edited April 2022
    Lilia1971 wrote: »
    Hi. I did read the notes and it just said to put packages in downloads folder. I did see in comments that some had same problem as me but o solution was posted there.

Some others had problems with these. They barely change the facial template and the icons/thumbnails look almost similar, and maybe some are for YA only seen in Uni? they have nothing to do with the skins as noted by the creator. Also, on page two of the comments about these over there on MTS some others have a lot of problems with these default replacements. There was at least one suggestion and explanation. I don't bother with things that don't work right out of the gate. If it were me I would remove them if they aren't working as you expected. ETA: I barely see much difference in these templates than in the Maxis premade faces. Were you expecting skins like the Sim in the picture?

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=536958&c=1&goto=newpost

ETA: I had a look at the files, maybe the files are too deep and the game can't read all that. Take them out of the files and make one huge folder and put in your Downloads folder to see if that helps. She has broken them up with dozens of files in separate folders. That's a lot of folders with dozens of different files in them. Maybe the game struggles with that many files upon files as someone suggested over there. Way too many folders then files within those folders.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Hi. Thanks. I took them out of the files and placed the packages directly into my downloads. I did know they wouldn’t look like the picture. I’ll have a look for some others.
    Did you delete the cache files so these would show up in CAS?
    Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 UC. Delete the Accessory cache, the Group cache and the cigen.package. This might help when you restart the game to be able to see the new heads.
    I deleted the accessory and group but not the other one. I’ll try that. Do you have any recommendations for face templates I could try?
    edited April 2022
    No, but I was thinking the owner over at MTS made some face template replacements at one time. I will search around if you don't get these to work. Yeah, anytime you add new stuff it doesn't hurt to delete those things especially the cigen.package if you work with a lot of cc and or make any recolors or just to clear out the bulk. Also, it won't hurt to delete the CASthumbnails inside the Thumbnails folder in your Documents/TS2UC/Thumbnails. They rebuild with the new stuff. Or when you add a lot of new objects etc. Thumbnails regenerate to show you the correct new information/pics. Oh, and good luck! Some people loved those.
    Thanks for the help.
    I finally got it to work after deleting those extra cache files. Thanks again for your help.