Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easiest way to kill sim with fire?

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
I need to kill Gunther Goth with fire cause according to mortimers memories in ts2 thats his cause of death and also i want his urn in goths house and i want it correctly as death by fire

...the problem is i never succeed at starting deadly fires in ts4 :sweat_smile: it feels so impossible

soo any tips to make it easier?
:sweat_smile:
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
Post edited by Simmingal on

Comments

• Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Let him do all the cooking. Get a bonfire for the backyard and a cheap grill. Not a park grill though, those never seem to catch fire. Have him light fireplaces all the time. Mess around with the cheap DJ booth long enough it will catch fire. Fire seems to be one the biggest killer of my Sims. it should not be to hard to do if you try for a while.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    Lock him in a room completely surrounded by flammable objects/furniture such that he can't move even one square, and then Inferniate with a spellcaster all of the things surrounding him. Don't inferniate him directly, as Sims can't be killed when set on fire that way...let the fire spreading do the job.

For good measure, to make sure the fire department and other sims can't run to put him out...double wall the room, with no doors.

I've never tried this...but I think it should do the job.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    @Stormkeep LOL, that is just so extreme, You had me cracking up. I have never had to try that hard to even accidently kill my Sim with a fire. That is so funny.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I love your commitment to Sims 2 lore. :joy: I think the fireplace is usually what catches my Sims on fire the most. Maybe put something flammable right beside it like a chair or table too.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    If you want to try the fireplace method, I suggest putting a wabbit tablet right in front of the fire. Based on my own experience with fireplace-induced fires, the wabbit tablet is the most flammable object in the entire game. It catches on fire if a toddler even walks too close to the fireplace for me.

Putting more flammable objects around, and under (a rug) will help the fire to spread and get larger.

@spend4zen, :lol: I figured I'd try to suggest something I was sure had no chance of failing to be fatal. Now that I've typed it, I really want to test it...
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    If you want to try the fireplace method, I suggest putting a wabbit tablet right in front of the fire. Based on my own experience with fireplace-induced fires, the wabbit tablet is the most flammable object in the entire game. It catches on fire if a toddler even walks too close to the fireplace for me.

Putting more flammable objects around, and under (a rug) will help the fire to spread and get larger.

Haha good idea. I remember your flammable tablet thread.

@Simmingal You could also try lighting a bunch of those incense holders. Many of my Sims have caught fire trying to light those things and nearly burned the house down.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Lock him in a room completely surrounded by flammable objects/furniture such that he can't move even one square, and then Inferniate with a spellcaster all of the things surrounding him. Don't inferniate him directly, as Sims can't be killed when set on fire that way...let the fire spreading do the job.

For good measure, to make sure the fire department and other sims can't run to put him out...double wall the room, with no doors.

I don't know why this cracks me up. Maybe because I'm imagining them telling the story about his death later. "You see, he happened to lock himself into this room which was within other room with no doors and he had an obvious hoarding problem so he surrounded himself with so much furniture he couldn't even move and then this random Spellcaster set them on fire. Such a tragedy."
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Thrior wrote: »

I don't know why this cracks me up. Maybe because I'm imagining them telling the story about his death later. "You see, he happened to lock himself into this room which was within other room with no doors and he had an obvious hoarding problem so he surrounded himself with so much furniture he couldn't even move and then this random Spellcaster set them on fire. Such a tragedy."

I mean as conspiracy theory
    I do sometimes question if it was either the dragons or cornelia given her possible magical abilities and her not dying in the same fire yet not helping either so her casting inferniate... would probably not be too far off script :lol:

as for the stuff though... yes maybe he had strange private collection room... maybe cornelia simply was not fan of it... or maybe the dragons claimed it and he was caught by surprise :lol: remembering ts1 fires usually started with dragons for me and it wouldn't be too strange they'd have some magical pets as plus to their more ordinary pets

what i find more curious though is how cornelia later dies of fire too? is it coincidence? revenge from the grave? ill effects of dark magic? who knows :sunglasses:

in ts4 i just find the fire so slow it often gets burnt out by itself or put out by sim I'm trying to fry or then the sim dies of other causes before the fire so much as touches their foot or someone i don't wanna fry gets fried instead via glitch or passes out while im waiting and they are unable to do anything because theres fire on lot its so frustrating

and with cooking somehow i just never have fire no matter how bad i try i just end up making so many meals that they learn to cook and then its obviously no go

but i will try the walled in room i think yes i just have to figure out what is very flammable to put in it
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Simmingal, I just tried in the walled in room myself because I was dying to see if it worked.

I surrounded her with flammable furniture, and even used MOO to stack things on top of each other. I used a lot of the hay-bale seats and had her sit down on one before lighting it on fire. I kept cancelling out the extinguish action when she tried to put the fires out.

She survived the entire room and everything in it being incinerated.... .....

I always knew TS4 really toned down the difficulty and made it outright 'hard' for sims to die by accident, it's now apparent to me they also made it freaking hard to do on purpose. :lol:

Perhaps if the fire was started by something other than inferniate it would have worked better. I know inferniate on a sim won't kill them, they may also have found a way to prevent it if inferniate is the source of the fire in any way. In which case the best way that I know to start a fire is to use the large campfire, and snap seating to it, light it, and then just keep a sim adding logs to the fire. That starts the seating on fire every time, guaranteed.

Lighting incense over and over, as @Elliandre suggested, will also eventually start the sim on fire, so that's another option to try.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep omg hay-bale seats is a stroke of genius :joy:
    Don't they try to put themselves out though with little handheld extinguishers or is that only on aging off?
  • Options
    @Ellieandre, they do, but I kept cancelling that when they tried. I also had gotten her "dazed" before locking her in the room to slow down her reaction speed. :lol:
  • Options
    @Stormkeep your poor Sim. I never let mine die :wink: I love that they can extinguish themselves from fire lol
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    If you have a spellcaster, have them set the area around Gunther's bed on fire. When he gets out of bed to check it out, he steps into the flames and dies. You can also get insurance money to help repay any damaged caused by the fire.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Host a weenie roast.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Lol I just tonight started that ‘scenario’ with getting a sim to become a celebrity chef or go the safer route celebrity mixologist. And going for the chef naturally, however in just two days my sim has had the stove go up in flames 3 times and caught on fire... So, I’d say that scenario is one of the good ways to kill a sim with fire lol...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Incense, wood or carpet flooring, and block off the room with a live-draggable object (sales table or bike can work). You'll need moveobjects on.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited April 2022
    You could also try adding an evil hen that he’s on bad terms with (just not too close so that the hen will kill him instead) and have him eat an obsidian egg or omelet beforehand so that he might set things on fire himself combined with all the other suggestions.

Edit: - however, the question is how to avoid having your sim magically produce a fire extinguisher?
    Post edited by Greyling on
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Have him light fire works in the house.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Make sure he hasn’t got the fireproof trait ( from gardening ). Have them bake if they have no baking skill ( GTW ) have them light up piles of leaves ( seasons ), I think there are bats or something that can catch them on fire in JA. Place a rug near the fireplace. Fireworks in the house that comicsforlife mentioned sounds like a great way. If you have eco living, certain floors catch on fire easier.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I've found putting a carpet in front of the stove adds additional flammable excitement. It also relieves stress on the knees and lower back during long cooking sessions where fire isn't killing them.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    thank watcher I finally succeeded
    I think the rug on top of carpet floors was the key i had cornelia inferniate the room and i failed few times but I finally managed to burn him after setting the rug on fire
    UmvIQhP.png
    Gunther stepped into room confidently
    uZANDbi.png
    ''I think I've discovered a thing''
    pKz7341.png
    ''Yes I might actually be...''
    L5Ipq0k.png
    ''Immune to fire.''
    Ag1XXqP.png
    ''see now, I feel nothing''
    Fwc4ecR.png
    ''it must have been that strange potion in Cornelias study I should definitely make money out of that''
    hwQeqiW.png
    ''yes nothing here either''
    YXaUzWB.png
    ''Oh wait, this is getting kinda... warm''
    B0TyXol.png
    ''Oh no no no no NO!''
    4Yh28a7.png
    GVFiUVA.png
    ''CORNELIA HELP''
    K81LHFT.png
    XKKkupo.png
    ''She will not hear will she...''
    iHZc68J.png
    ''I guess this is the end, if only I had put that fire extinguisher in my back pocket where it belongs''
    OIBmVvV.png
    ''But I'll be back!'' -Gunther
    cyZoizh.png
    gBLhZMo.png
    unfortunately gunther fell through the walls so the aesthetic quality of his death was compromised
    ZasoxqR.png
    but yes he now rests peacefully (or not so peacefully) in family urn room
    lVH0N7C.png
    meanwhile:
    d4zao5P.png
    ''Do you think something smells a little... burnt?'' - Cornelia
    ''Idk like maybe a little'' - Cassandra
    qSkzltN.png
    UdQkUHC.png
    ''maybe Gunther is just playing with the dragons again'' - Cornelia
    ''yeah maybe'' - Cassandra
    cg7Q46D.png
    dLchFet.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    OMG, you guys are cold blooded. Creative, but still cold blooded.😁
  • Options
    OMG, you guys are cold blooded. Creative, but still cold blooded.😁

Well gotta say the fire is probably worst cause it takes soooo long in ts4
    and you have to actually reset sim so they don't save themselves and stuff so you can't even pretend its accident :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    This forum is sort of how I envision Asgard and Mt Olympus. All the Gods and Goddesses hanging out. Friendly small talk, jokes, and casually offering advice on how best to torture and immolate their subjects. I love this place!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Use to just use fireworks :p
    5vJrxmT.png