Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the easiest way to resurrect deceased sims now?

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
I've noticed since they added the increased story progression I'm seeing dead sims in families I don't play a lot (at least the ones who die on their lots). What's the easiest way to resurrect an urn? I know there is a long complex ritual where you have to master a bunch of skills, catch fish, grow rare plants, etc., etc. Seemed a lot more involved than the method they had in Sims 3. Is there a mod that will just resurrect any sim? Yes, I am lazy.

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    You can download a plate of ambrosia from the gallery and have the ghost Sim eat it. Quickest gameplay method I think is the wishing well or dedeathify spell.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    Have a spellcaster cast dedeadefy or brew a prompt resurrection potion.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Use the wishing well from the romantic garden stuff pack if you own that pack. I needed a few tries so I saved just before making the wish so I could do a exit without save if needed.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited April 2022
    Magic - as usual - is the easiest way (besides outright cheating). The potion might be an easier sell than the spell itself (given the progression necessities), but either way it's easier.

Death flowers, pleading, and Voodoo Dolls require you being there as they die.
    The Book Of Life requires forethought.
    Ambrosia requires work.
    The Whispering Wishing Well requires monetary sacrifice (and even then it isn't guaranteed).
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    Oh I'm not beyond cheating...LOL...I'm God afterall in the game so whatever I want is going to happen. But so many of the things do require forethought or you being there. I just was hoping someone made a simple mod to undo some of this stuff.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    If you don’t want them to die in the first place, you can turn off accidental death by story progression.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can also just remove the "Death by ___" trait with cheats/mods. This makes them alive again.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited April 2022
    Many good suggestions here. I just want to say I'm going the ambrosia route in my game and I think it will take the whole life time of the poor girl to get her boyfriend back :D I don't mind really, gives her something to do.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    In my game I have quite a few retail locations, one of which is a magic shop that sells all the potions and another of which is a very large grocery store which sells prepared meals in addition to produce, eggs, milk, etc. So...if I ever really want to bring a sim back, I could have any household that I play buy the resurrection potions from the magic shop or ambrosia from the grocery store.
    I've yet to do that though, seems a little 'too easy' at that point. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    I re-created my sim self’s parents in CAS from old screenshots and used MCCC to link them up to the family again.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    My question is how do you even get the ghost to eat the Ambrosia? You don't have control over the ghost and I have tried leaving a plate of it out on the counter every night and the ghost just ignores it. Do you have to make friends with the ghost and ask them to join the household? Somewhere I missed something but I have adjusted and just let the dead be dead and make it part of the story.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Wishing well and dump like 5k into it.