Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Roadmap

Comments

• QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member

Ahhh what does it mean?!

TDrn8JF.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Looks like something is coming tomorrow
    Also the Twitter pages says "This season it's lights out" what does it mmmeeeaan?

Could that be Glimmerbrook?
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    ok so it's Glimerbrook ... lights ... something that can be different at night ....
    I was thinking about singers, or werewolves ... i'm a little bit lost
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    That's totally wolfies right? Cyberpunk wolfies? Where's Captain to confirm?

Glimmerbrook. Lights out. Looks like a lunar calendar coming.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Quaay wrote: »

Ahhh what does it mean?!

TDrn8JF.jpg

To me that looks like space background with lots of tiny little stars. Maybe it's not wolfies but rather about space exploration. It would make sense with the lights out reference as you need an environment with low light pollution in order to observe the stars through a telescope. The plumbob also looks a bit like the moon, sort of. Though moon and wolfies kind of go together. :smile:
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I am disappointed already, no Generations, active school gameplay or updated babies. I hope it's at least something for occult players. I know looking at the teaser that I won't be buying it ( except for the tiny chance it's Bands or night life or something).
    It's looking like it's a Realm of Magic Refresh.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited May 2022

Don't get my hopes up. I would love for witches (or castors) to be my favorite again.

I think it's a new story driven pack, like a space exploration or apocalyptic story.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I was also thinking of Realm of Magic, mainly because of the background picture that was clearly taken in Glimmerbrook. I can even tell which lot it is. But what does "Lights Out" have to do with anything?

If it is indeed a refresh of Realm of Magic, I hope that means magic for children, just like the Spa Day refresh enabled them to partake in wellness activities. The children in my game can already use magic thanks to a mod, but an official feature would be better.
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    If it’s space DLC - what can be the new features? We already have aliens in GTW, we got this sci fi vibes in SV, and JTB is all about exploring another planet. And we have the astronauts career and space ship in BG.

It can be an hint on werewolves DLC, because we didn’t got any occult for long time (since ROM I think). But do werewolves alone could be enough for full DLC?

ROM refresh? I don’t think so. I think they going to refresh older dlc’s first.

I’m hoping it’s bands/live-show/music DLC. I really miss those thing in my game. TS3 Showtime was one of my favourite, mostly because of the performances and the concerts. The teaser with the neon sign and the fog give me Showtime vibes.
  • AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    Well my first thought looking at a neon plumbob over a purple background with the lights out tagline is Nightlife. But we've basically already got Nightlife. Dates are base game, clubs are in Get Together ep, restaurants are in Dine Out gp, vampires are in Vampires gp.

I suppose they could be going to refresh one of those packs.

I'd be a bit surprised by a realm of magic refresh, i would of thought they go for an older pack.

Given the neon light look my guess right now would be something like Showtime, with a live entertainment active career/s. There was that survey that mentioned bands right?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member

Oh, don't let me get my hopes up. Rom is my favourite pack and I'd so happy if it got an update like magic for children, intractable familiars or magical lot traits.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    I'm getting space vibes. The Twitter banner makes me think of Sixam (same color palette) and the neon plumbob could represent a bright light associated with alien abduction.
    I'm also getting werewolves vibes, with the plumbob being the full moon.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I think you are losing a bit of pieces on the way...

It clearly says: THIS SEASON.
    This means that the whole roadmap will be filled with contents about the "lights out" theme.

Could be werewolves, space, realm of magic refresh, night out and so on.
    All together.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Saw someone mentioning this on Twitter:

If so, eehhhh no thanks.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Saw someone mentioning this on Twitter:

If so, eehhhh no thanks.

I hope it's this and not a whole season revolving around space and supernatural topics. I mean, I am happy for occult players, they have been neglected too. But why does it always have to be one or the other, why not both? Many occult players are family players, too, but with occults, so it's a shame occult gameplay doesn't include children and toddlers. Why not address both kinds of players? Why not refresh some old occult packs to include children and toddlers? This would make occult gameplay interesting for me too, even though I am more of a realism player. But I mainly don't play occults because children and toddlers have nothing to do with it.

There could be an occult EP and a family gameplay GP (or the other way around). This would be great, something for everyone.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @rudy8292 Yeah, me too. I hope that's NOT what this is about.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    edited May 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »

It would make sense though, they opened the EA creator network as a platform for everyone to apply earlier last month. There could be an ingame feature coming that makes it easier and better for creators to create stories, builds and sims with their community.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »

It would make sense though, they opened the EA creator network as a platform for everyone to apply earlier last month. There could be an ingame feature coming that makes it easier and better for creators to create stories, builds and sims with their community.

You're right that it would probably make sense, at least for those in that group or those who follow them. But that would mean nothing of interest for me personally, which is why I personally hope it isn't that (or at least not only that). :grimace:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    HopeCrash wrote: »
    If it’s space DLC - what can be the new features? We already have aliens in GTW, we got this sci fi vibes in SV, and JTB is all about exploring another planet. And we have the astronauts career and space ship in BG.

It can be an hint on werewolves DLC, because we didn’t got any occult for long time (since ROM I think). But do werewolves alone could be enough for full DLC?

ROM refresh? I don’t think so. I think they going to refresh older dlc’s first.

I’m hoping it’s bands/live-show/music DLC. I really miss those thing in my game. TS3 Showtime was one of my favourite, mostly because of the performances and the concerts. The teaser with the neon sign and the fog give me Showtime vibes.

Something like Lunar Lakes from TS3.
    A full moon could be used to tease zombies as well.
  • HillOfTaraHillOfTara Posts: 31 Member
    If it's space related, I hope they make sixam residential and actually... Well have something in sixam, it would be cool to have a space residential world
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    edited May 2022
    Now I'm betting on a little "refresh" in Glimmerbrook, more precisely on what happens at night in this world. Perhaps they want to add more mystery, as it currently doesn't do the "Realm of Magic" world justice.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top