Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Roadmap

83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
Hi there!
The last roadmap expired lately, so I was wondering when we'll probably get the next one.

I'm personally hoping for the new roadmap to be announced tomorrow and am holding my breath for it including a horses or generations pack. I guess I might faint if it contains any symbols hinting at such a pack.

What are your thoughts?
Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I'm hoping for a totally new theme/concept.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I'm hoping we will see the next EP and what base game updates that they have planned for the summer.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    @simgirl1010: Do you have any suggestions for a concept you'd like?

@SilentKitty: I wholeheartedly second that.

@Cinebar: Such a nice dream - though I'm shivering of the thought of how many bugs would come with that.

@logion: Sounds reasonable to me.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @simgirl1010: Do you have any suggestions for a concept you'd like?

That's just it. I don't know. Just something new. Like the EcoLiving features or Strangerville/Batuu.

I also wouldn't be unhappy with a Hotel/Bed& Breakfast/Airbnb theme. Although that's been done before.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

@logion: Sounds reasonable to me.

I think so, we didn't get an EP in dec. So I'm hoping that we will get one in the summer.

As for what I would like for it to be...something that would make me play the game more again, something that I could use in all worlds would be nice.

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    @simgirl1010: I did Like neither of these 2, but naturally, tastes are different.

@logion: We're certainly in need of more gameplay to enrich our Sim's everyday lives.

@MilutinMujovic: I have a feeling these will come with the next GP. I'm not sure whether they'll be better than the Werewolves Mod, though.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I really hope they fix shopping so sims can go and do proper clothes, shoes and accessories shopping and everyone gets their own personalized wardrobe. Also, TS2 style apartments would be lovely. I think SimGuruJessica hinted sometimes last year that she's working on an EP, so maybe they will announce that for this summer and for sure there will be some kits too. Not sure what the EP will be about, but I like surprises.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I would still like to see the 'self-care routines' theme implemented that was part of a survey a few years ago.

TYZVUbg.jpg

The juice blending is something I could really imagine to be very detailed. Sims should be able to make, consume but also sell healthy juice/smoothies on Plopsy, retail lots and sales tables. I know this sounds like juice fizzing, but should be different. We would need more harvestables like oranges, ginger, acai, cumin and nuts for example. I would want recipes to be more sophisticated with more beneficial - and harmful - outcomes. Smoothies could have curative effects, they could provide a temporary benefit to training (losing fat, gaining muscle, faster skill gain during yoga exercises) and it would be great if the recipes could be manipulated. E.g. instead of curing the cold a juice prepared with incorrect ingredients could give the Sim consuming it bad breath or make them burp for a few hours, grossing out everyone around them. Some Sims could take the whole healthy movement to the extreme by not just going vegan, but only consuming freshly made juices and raw harvestables. These are the kind of details I would be interested in.

A different thing I would like is more ways to make Sims look different in CAS. Body hair is definitely a part of that - and we also need more styles for facial hair - but I would also like to see more skin details. More lines and wrinkles that can be applied individually and more pigmentary abnormalities, just different groupings of freckles and birthmarks. These 'imperfections' can really make a face come alive.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    I would still like to see the 'self-care routines' theme implemented that was part of a survey a few years ago.

TYZVUbg.jpg

The juice blending is something I could really imagine to be very detailed. Sims should be able to make, consume but also sell healthy juice/smoothies on Plopsy, retail lots and sales tables. I know this sounds like juice fizzing, but should be different. We would need more harvestables like oranges, ginger, acai, cumin and nuts for example. I would want recipes to be more sophisticated with more beneficial - and harmful - outcomes. Smoothies could have curative effects, they could provide a temporary benefit to training (losing fat, gaining muscle, faster skill gain during yoga exercises) and it would be great if the recipes could be manipulated. E.g. instead of curing the cold a juice prepared with incorrect ingredients could give the Sim consuming it bad breath or make them burp for a few hours, grossing out everyone around them. Some Sims could take the whole healthy movement to the extreme by not just going vegan, but only consuming freshly made juices and raw harvestables. These are the kind of details I would be interested in.

A different thing I would like is more ways to make Sims look different in CAS. Body hair is definitely a part of that - and we also need more styles for facial hair - but I would also like to see more skin details. More lines and wrinkles that can be applied individually and more pigmentary abnormalities, just different groupings of freckles and birthmarks. These 'imperfections' can really make a face come alive.

I hope there's going to be some fun tasty smoothies, like mango and pineapple, not just the healthy green kale and spinach variety. :lol:
    crocobaura wrote: »

I hope there's going to be some fun tasty smoothies, like mango and pineapple, not just the healthy green kale and spinach variety. :lol:

I don't have anything against pineapples and mangos as ingredients, but to me it would be more important that the juice/smoothie has a positive or negative effect on gameplay that goes beyond a happy 'tasty smoothie' moodlet.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
    crocobaura wrote: »

I don't have anything against pineapples and mangos as ingredients, but to me it would be more important that the juice/smoothie has a positive or negative effect on gameplay that goes beyond a happy 'tasty smoothie' moodlet.

Yes, but sometimes you just want to have a smoothie because it's tasty , or instead of water. I don't want them to not be able to drink smoothies because they are coded to always give off some benefit like bad breadth, or flatulence, or gain or lose weight. I think a happy tasty moodlet is sometimes enough. I like how the icecreams are coded, with plenty of neutral flavours, and some with benefits for those who seek them.

You probably missed that part, but no Sim should gain or lose weight because they consume a smoothie because that is silly and something we already have in game. A Sims can just buy a potion from the reward store for that. It is why I specifically mentioned 'benefit to training'. Obviously a Sim should just be able to drink a juice/smoothie for enjoyment and then just sit in front of the computer with no additional benefits. :D
    Smoothies could have curative effects, they could provide a temporary benefit to training (losing fat, gaining muscle, faster skill gain during yoga exercises) and it would be great if the recipes could be manipulated. .

Anyway, I was just describing something I would like to see in game. We all want different things.

we all try ...
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2022
    I think it's gonna come tomorrow.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited April 2022
    meanwhile i wish it includes kick bottom generations or music/performances or medieval ep with dragons

and werewolves gp for halloween

and its not buggedy buggedy

it also spooks me because i actually cannot get anything they release this year cause my computer probably needs upgrade first and boy if its that good *screeching in pain*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,229 Member
    edited April 2022
    I would say an announcement after May 10th :p

Due to FY22 financial results in May + EA Play in June + May/June/July are usually together
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    I'm also hoping for more gameplay and many, many, bugfixes!

My fingers are crossed for an attraction system, neighborhood stories being expanded to also deal with marriages, engagements, divorces and YA's moving out and getting lives of their own, as well as an EP of some sort and perhaps a few stuff packs (I prefer those to kits). I would also love a refresh like they did to Spa Day (Dine Out!!!)

EP wise, I think it's only fair if they release something for the occult players. A magical world with room for all occults, improving those who are already in game and adding werewolves and fairies and dragons. It's nothing I would buy, but I can see that occult players have been getting very little.

If not that, I want an EP that includes a world we haven't seen in game yet, like somewhere in Africa or the Middle East. Something new that includes lots of game play options and new interactions. I would love hotels and surfing as well, but only if it works within the theme of the pack.

Another thing that I'd personally would love would be generally more cultural content from around the world - maybe lots of stuff packs with different themes including both objects, clothes, food and holiday traditions/objects or interactive objects that are typical for the region.

Those are my hopes, my beliefs? Not sure, either a GP or EP and some kits I suppose.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would say an announcement after May 10th :p

Due to FY22 financial results in May + EA Play in June + May/June/July are usually together

EA Play was cancelled for 2022.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-play-2022-canceled

• UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I want a generations pack, stuff packs for teens and elders, more hobbies like ballet, karate, pottery, etc. I’d like university to be updated so we can send sims off to university but don’t have to play them to avoid them failing.

I’d also like the option to do online classes/degrees. Plus more items for kids and toddlers, a party decor pack with events for baby showers, graduation parties, retirement parties etc. I also want horses. I would also like stuff packs or kits that correlate to traits, a food pack with harvestables and recipes for foodies, table top easel, paper drawing pads, book tours, book signings, resin art for creative sims, etc.

Boarding school, public and private school. Also bring back burglars, school buses and car pools, throw in field trips and high school graduation. I’d also appreciate if there was a way to assign sims to a neighborhood. Additions to Neighborhood Stories like marriage, divorce, start dating, etc.

I’m also still waiting on these smarter sims we were promised years ago.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I'm not expecting the roadmap to come out for another month or so. Last year's Summer of Sims roadmap was announced around about mid-May, I don't see why they would release it any earlier this year, though I very much hope I'm wrong!

At this point I'm just mostly hoping for werewolves, but I know that if that is in the works then they'll probably save it til the autumn for a Halloween release. I do hope they bring out some packs with worlds based on some interesting places, and maybe a new city to explore. Either way I'm very excited for this next roadmap and hope it comes soon!
  • ApostolosJenApostolosJen Posts: 35 Member
    A "Werewolves" Pack would be awesome!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    What I would like to see: Serious progress on fixing bugs, especially those that have been around for years and/or those that have a major impact on gaming; an EP that is worthy of the term, not the pap we have been getting the past few years

What I expect: nothing of interest or real value, just more of the same schlop we have been getting. EA is EA.

I fail to understand the obsession with werewolves. They seem only like our stupid sims getting hairy (which EA apparently loathes) depending on the moon and then behaving even more stupidly with perhaps a howl or two thrown in. Tried it once, out of curiosity, with Dan Pleasant back in TS2 ages ago. The result was very much 'why bother?'.
    @83bienchen maybe you should have specified new gameplay content/features in your original post. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top