Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Touching Up Premade Builds (for now, supah pic heavy)

Β«1
RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
There might be a thread like this I didn't see one or it was just buried I'm sure it'll get merged if I missed something but for now decided to show off some redecorations I have done a lot more than building my own places. If you have done other things with the premade whatevers share them here too I'm just gonna post since we can't put pics in the first post as far as I know.
Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
All the sims err'day
PmyCqgA.png

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    @Elliandre I fixed up the bff's home in willow creek and thought about things I don't really use cause of what you had done.
    @DaniRose2143 I honestly can't remember if you wanted to see too or not so here you go.

I'll put the original Garden Essence in a spoiler at least.
    kSKZzV1.png
    G6A2BKf.png
    Now what I've done with it I usually upload these as the same name with touch up or edit in the title if I post something you might like.
    6BnQv31.png
    BUNNWRl.png
    d9UZGyj.png
    1MJkrZh.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,823 Member
    @RedDestiny92 Thank you. I love the BFF household but I have never cared for their home. You did an amazing job with that whole lot! Wow! I could never pull off a whole lot like that. I can redecorate but I can't build.
    @DaniRose2143 sure thing ha, I don't use them too often but I like where their lot is, I have problems building larger spaces sometimes but renovating I can do for some odd reason ha. Thanks a lot, it was nice to just to make something to show off again I'll pick out some of my other touchups before I make more new ones. :D
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @DaniRose2143 sure thing ha, I don't use them too often but I like where their lot is, I have problems building larger spaces sometimes but renovating I can do for some odd reason ha. Thanks a lot, it was nice to just to make something to show off again I'll pick out some of my other touchups before I make more new ones. :D

If that is having problems with larger spaces, I can't wait to see what you do with smaller spaces. You are amazing at this!πŸ’–
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Your makeover of the home is lovely! :) Very nice white color and the balcony with flowers is pretty! Very nice outdoors dining and bbq porch. The corner pool and kids play area is very nice and pretty floral hedging along the edges. The interior furnishings are lovely! Very nice bedroom colours and lovely wall patterns and rugs :)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Oh wow your home makeover looks so good! I downloaded it from the gallery. It's so perfect for a family. I love that you made it bigger and renovated the little backyard area too. I'm going to move the BFF's somewhere else now and put this lot down for a family instead haha. Thank you! :smile:
    @rosemow thanks sug' long time no see, it was certainly fun picking out a few things to dress up the house.
    @Elliandre oooh thanks a bunch, glad you enjoyed it, the rooms ended up kind of big since I don't use as much clutter as they give up but big can always be sized down, they ought to be in an apartment anyways I say.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Preparing for a test renewal to see how things go but I got tired of staring at all that big open space at the Bjergsen's house...didn't know it was spelled that way so I fixed it up. I didn't bother getting an original pic because I didn't go as extreme with this one. Also I uploaded it with the family photos...and the family but it didn't tell me it had cc so if you pick it up let me know if it's exactly how I left it. maybe they fixed that.
    etIOvuY.png
    The Lighthouse touch up
    dX4oaqQ.png
    Aside from fixing their yard and changing a few colors there isn't much beside placing plants evvvvverywhere.
    mBo6DfU.png
    I think their bedroom and the living room are my favorite areas.
    kK0djdc.png
    Working on using more things I don't, like halfwalls and such.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    Interesting thread

mostly end up bulldozing premade builds myself cause i just never seem to get them right with just edits and then it bothers my poor brain eternally until i start over from scratch :lol:

but its nice to see the different approach
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
    Interesting thread

mostly end up bulldozing premade builds myself cause i just never seem to get them right with just edits and then it bothers my poor brain eternally until i start over from scratch :lol:

I think subconsciously that's why I love San My so much. I can't mess up an apartment redecorating like I can a house. Thank you Maxis for saving me from me, and by extension my lots from me, by not allowing external walls to be edited.
    edited April 2022
    Interesting thread

I think subconsciously that's why I love San My so much. I can't mess up an apartment redecorating like I can a house. Thank you Maxis for saving me from me, and by extension my lots from me, by not allowing external walls to be edited.

oh! apartments!
    maybe i could share some of those later :blush: I'm always just so sad that i can't add them to gallery in one piece (i mean as room maybe but i have platforms and all kinda stuff getting in the way of that too)

also its mega frustrating when windows or something glitch and since its out of bounds you can't edit unglitch it

and also some of the uptown ones are just so big ive divided them in two but that means lots of roomies :lol:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Your furnishing of the interior of the Lighthouse home is lovely! :) Very nice furnishing of each area! The patterned rugs are very nice and very nice room colours. The gym room is great!
    Okay some of the apartments ive touched up so far:
    (little hard to get screens in build mode :sweat_smile: maybe i need to jump in with sim later)
    18 Culpepper
    EZNW3o9.png
    7VjFrtf.png
    17 Culpepper
    gOJV07u.png
    zVSBHRv.png
    jx5jtMq.png
    Salt house
    QpnX8VD.png
    PkjJUnl.png
    TI7nPTe.png
    one of the zen view apartments
    (cannot remember the number its the one karaoke legends used to live in before i moved them to the other zen view)
    QDJXpPF.png
    XXMvWC7.png
    oq9keM6.png
    LR0OcxD.png
    m6ylyiV.png
    one of the chic street
    K1X03h6.png
    6Uf5SO9.png
    nQIOJkQ.png
    apartment next to lobos
    dP7w8xf.png
    hFK4goE.png
    vSTq0G6.png
    hsTWZ8L.png
    planning to place cop and llama there with some other household
    qQEj04H.png
    @rosemow thanks sug' :)
    @Simmingal ooh those are so nice.
    I am not sure how to upload apartments I think you have to delete walls?

Anyhoo I touched up Raj's apartment he left it either he died or paired up with someone who knows it's an old save that has had mccc before
    So Culpepper touch up.
    ljuSU86.png
    I remodeled it for Sofia so it needed a big touch heh.
    1tPCzWS.png
    I guess her workspace stands out but it should I think.
    TgvuALO.png
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    I didn't really touch up the outside too much but I tossed in a couple extra things didn't bother with the inside before pic as I turned it from a house to a vet clinic.
    It's called Cobble Care.
    TG21uk3.png
    5jdq3Ry.png
    Not too special inside kept it cheap since I decorated with the owner's money but it's a starting place.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Here we have Havisham Touch up it was overdue I use the spot a lot but I usually just bulldoze it I'm not sure I've ever fixed it up.
    I'll put the very sad base look in spoiler but do take a look I think it turned out nice since I had them pay for it.
    NU5GCc9.png
    yvBkHSY.png
    jIStzCc.png
    2nfh02I.png
    bjy8o6e.png
    1qD52k7.png
    Yes I left that room empty on purpose, it's up though if anyone wants it.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Okay so I finally remembered to show a touch up I had done a long time ago actually I've done it twice but this is the one I kept.
    If you have dine out it's one of the free places you get in your maxis gallery section.

It's just called the Sunny Side Touch up last I checked, original in spoiler for reference.
    JklvIfy.png
    mvNJJ5y.png
    I also normally add to the menu.
    1giwut0.png
    aIR3vOL.png
    7iqXJ7Z.png
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    The next one is not a real renovation I couldn't decide what to do with it so I bulldozed it but I left it under the name since it was inspired by it....also this wasn't just for me so if you've done something else with your base houses or something show me I love new ideas.
    Anyhoo this is Bath de Rill.
    4AcdyFq.png
    Gm5qnvc.png
    yHM0SSN.png

I didn't bother making a spot for the paragons.
    P3sz8TL.png
    Not sure why I'm obsessed with plants now...ah well.
    1KxB9jx.png
    Normally I'd decorate the pool with some additions but since I focused on the building I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue in other people's games.
    wsEePCR.png
    qTisLT3.png
    qwKETx0.png
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited April 2022
    Edited Strangerville library to look a little bit more like Deadtree meeting house from PSP Strangetown thing
    ofcourse it cannot have graves and all that fabulous stuff in the back given the lot size
    dULTm8t.png
    but insides was so insanely easy to match
    hence I decided to keep the original exterior intact
    and use the spare rooms for the library its supposed to be
    (i did swap kitchen to wrong side tho cause it just seemed way more easy that way)
    iEn59BQ.png
    uu1oKnb.png
    I also put some things in the attic for story im gonna play soon(ish) cause strangerville cannot quite fit in whole strangetown :lol:
    dugwMWt.png
    IX17NAQ.png
    I've been having fun redecorating the upstairs of the Fyres home. :smile: Once I'm done redecorating all the rooms I think I will change the windows and then work on the outside. Any suggestions @RedDestiny92 ?

Teen Morgan Fyre's new bedroom:
    pjfjnWh.png
    j41OY5i.png

New living area on the top floor, I tried to use some of the new kits I bought recently:
    6yI9auI.png
    New upstairs bathroom:
    mNI65Aq.png

New upstairs music room:
    Zp70V9u.png
    @Elliandre Ooh I absolutely love it and so want it I like Morgan's room I can never decide how to make rooms that size look right but you've got it down. Can't wait to see it finished. Hmmm maybe wood and brick or something in the wallpaper almost as if Morgan and her sister were fighting over how it was going to look when their parents decided who got to keep the house. Not sure I have them getting along for once but I can see it.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    yeah I think I'm going to change the wall papers /paints when I do the windows and maybe decorate a bit more, because it's really hard to decorate around the ones that came with the new kit. This is how Siobhan's room is coming along: I don't think anything can go with that wallpaper unless it's white? :lol:

DxeIcR8.png
    @Elliandre I don't know I think you got it just right, I think with the wilder ones if you have trouble try and pick all but one of the colors in the wallpaper but that is really pretty like that.
    @Simmingal apologies thought I commented on yours I really like the library everything is just right, especially for people that need to work there. I feel like I haven't done much with strangerville buildings.

Today I have fixed up Nookstone, it's significantly more expensive but that is what freerealestate is for ha, I put the original in spoiler cause it hardly looks like I used the shell at all.
    VX5WBvB.png
    fQC5CJu.png
    IPXv01g.png
    Dl6HU4a.png
    TvPelQX.png
    XlsLrlr.png
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited April 2022
    @Simmingal apologies thought I commented on yours I really like the library everything is just right, especially for people that need to work there. I feel like I haven't done much with strangerville buildings.

no worries :lol:
    and yeah i kinda wanted to strangetown my strangerville and in that psp thing theres meetinghouse that looks like church and has zombies on backyard with graves and such so i kinda played with idea that maybe it was that place originally and it was converted into library after the zombies wandered wherever they did and roads were built over the old graveyards and whatnot

(also the picnic ring is giving me zombie whack a mole from that psp game too :lol: )
    wish i had this game sadly i missed it cause i never had psp
    @RedDestiny92 wow, it looks amazing. :love: