Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some conflicts found in my mods ( let’s help each other to save time)

feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
edited March 2022 in General Mods Discussion
Hi!

I want to share my conflicts found so maybe it’s can help some others who are in trouble. Looking for the mod conflict can take days…
It can save time to check with the one detected.
If you have some, please, you can share them also and together we can find the solution.

Marlynsims cannot found a job, the sim won’t do the action
Ikavelle aspiration-something won’t make me load and household
Konansocks ( Rex places) like the sim is away, cannot select it
And caradriel cannot select an event, it’s blank

Otherwise, everything works together

Some tricks

I put all mods in the trash, then put them back in 1/4 or half… Then test :

If you can load an household
Test also if you can throw an event -sometimes it won’t appear
Home decorator if you can see the client preferences ( three circles)
Call for a job

After, I put them back in alphabetical order ( all my a Folders beginning with A start the game, test.. all my b, etc.)

Don’t save while doing it! Or you will have to configure again your custom venues !

It can take all day, depending how many mods you have 🤷‍♀️And how long your game takes to load 🥺

Now, my game never works so well :)

Sometime, we can find out that we have a double somewhere, when creator rename with like mod 1.0.2.. and you have also mod 1.0.1 version, the mod is rename or have less files and you didn’t see it when you paste…

I hope it’s help!
Post edited by feevee on

Comments

• feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 2022
    Update : Caradriel test
    All Traits
    All Traditions
    All Event
    Romantic wishes
    Instant makeup
    Are working
    So it’s a mod that let the plan event blank 🤷‍♀️
    Post edited by feevee on
    edited May 2022
    So, I had other problems with my mods after updates

Unfortunately, be a burglar from N4CT give me a blank choices when choosing a social event

Also PP cosmetic crafting won’t let me load an household. I go back in the world screen
    If you have these problem, you can try without these folders to see if it’s conflict.
    Today I updated the master dualist from Ikavelle, still have problem with it :( I get back to world menu and cannot load an household. I wonder with what it conflict …
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    feevee wrote: »
    Today I updated the master dualist from Ikavelle, still have problem with it :( I get back to world menu and cannot load an household. I wonder with what it conflict …

When you updated did you delete the localthumbcache.package file and everything in your cache folder? If you are still having issues Illka is active on Twitter. @IllkaVelle
    Hi! Yes, I always deleting my caches ( avatar cache and localthumbcache)
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    My game crashes every time I try to place a lot (for a couple weeks now).

Any ideas on what might be causing this?
    Happens when I take my Mods folder out (and clear caches) too. Is this an EA bug?
    So, an EA bug (more than a year old) that apparently prevents lots with mannequins being placed.

That makes it hard to have a bridal salon without making it yourself. :(

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-Crashing-when-Placing-Retails-Lots-with-mannequins/td-p/10548970
    Oh! Did you try to put your mannequins out?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    The mannequin bug was fixed actually. I now download all kind of lots with mannequins.
    However, if it is still not working for you there is a mod that might help

https://ravasheen.com/download/mannequin-bug-fix/
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    It worked for me until after the last update. Now I can't place a lot with mannequins without my game crashing. I can use lots that are already placed in my game.

@Babykittyjade Thanks for the mod link. I love @RAVASHEEN I have a ton of her cc/mods in my game!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yea she's a great modder! Also you may have already done this but try repairing your game too.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited July 2022
    Hi!

So found big incompatibility problems With Kawaiistacie Sol.

I’ve tried SOL with only this mod in my mod folder and it’s working in the game, so it’s not broken

But, there is a conflict. I’m doing the 5050 to find out. I hope it won’t take forever :(

Edit: I found out it’s conflict with Wonderfulwhims… only sol and ww in my mod folder and Sol menu didn’t appear.🤷‍♀️
    So Wonderfulwhims with Sol it’s NOT working together😭 it was before. I wonder what is the problem now.
    Found also Incompatibility with my Vicky sims Chingyu folder… I need to find wich mod(s)…

Is there someone having some clues or advices with SOL?
    edited July 2022
    Here are my tests with Chingyu/Vicky sims with SOL
    I downloading the latest versions of the mods to be sure
    TRAIT INJECTOR XML INJECTOR ARE IN

Age Up preference = Ok
    Balance Life = OK
    Brave trait = Ok
    Custom preference age group = Ok
    EA traits as reward = Ok
    Faithfulness = Ok
    Friendzone= OK
    Genetic reward= OK
    Greater bonus traits = Ok
    Inborn personality = OK
    Inherit aspiration bonus = Ok
    Holiday Tradition Override = Ok
    Meaningful social context = Ok
    More cas traits mod+long lived+add traits menu = Ok
    Lock gender preference = Ok
    Lot traits and challenge = Ok
    More Cheats In Menu= OK
    Seasons Traits = Ok
    Smarter Social = OK
    Traits Overhaul = Ok
    Uncomfortable do more = OK
    Unhidden traits = NO!

Andirz Sims smart randomizer incompatible

Post edited by feevee on
  • andirzandirz Posts: 22 Member
    > Andirz Sims smart randomizer incompatible

Are you sure the problem is in Sim Randomizer and not another mod? (Check this by temporarily infarting all mods in a new save and leaving only SSR and SOL in play).
    So… Something won’t let me plan a social event again…

I’m doing a lot of tests and come back with the answer.
    edited September 2022
    Find it, it’s my weerbesu folder :(

It might be longer party more guests. Maybe it’s conflict or outdated. I put off also party everywhere, Now it’s works!

So if someone having this issue, maybe check these 2 files.

edited June 2023
    I there!

I found out three problems solved

The sims travels but all the household follows, even in high school, active jobs, etc.

Caused by JellyPaws Reaction Extended

I have a script call failed for the event stereo at the auditorium. So the event stereo disappear and I cannot have my prom.

Caused by a mod by MercuryFoam, but don’t know yet witch one.
    I’ve already deleted the one broken, couple dance club activity. Is someone have a clue?
    Edit : it might be custom radio station

Wants and fears disappear

Caused by Fixed Nyx's Enhanced Aliens v1.5
    by GOOD_BOYgoneBAD

And

Zero_OR_CreateCampfireBonfireEverywhere.package

So,i went on discord to tell it. I’m surprise that it’s this mod, not an enhanced wants or something.

Well, now my game is working well

If someone has her discord link, I can tell for JellyPaws

Post edited by feevee on
    Found : no graduation notification after growing up teen to young adult

Solved :)

MythicalAscelin Longer life was blocking it to make it happen
    Found - Alisrabbo ( did find witch one yet) conflict with Lumpinou Road to romance-go do,something together :(
    edited October 2023
    Now, the problem is No freelance gig available in selection, phone or computer. I need to find out the cause…

Found it, ikavelle archeologist palaeontologist freelancer career.

I will check if it’s was the update version.
    Yep it’s the last version, I will try to contact her
    Post edited by feevee on
    Odd job menu is blank…

Find out caused by A.deep.indigo More pre-made holiday 🤷‍♀️
  • kojiro24sasakikojiro24sasaki Posts: 1 New Member
    New member here, so using this thread as a staging point for questions since it appears to be general mod related. When I bought HSY expansion I noticed an interesting quirk I grew to love. When starting a relationship with NPCs (Married or not) I'd get an autonomous pop-up (sometimes with multiple sims) To get engaged. I absolutely loved this feature, whether intended or not. I know some would complain about it but I enjoyed it. Lately, I noticed it has limited to extremely rare for this to happen. (I also have Kawaii stacie's SOL, if it makes a difference). Is there a way to restore this feature by console command, or was it completely patched out? Thanks for any help.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    New member here, so using this thread as a staging point for questions since it appears to be general mod related. When I bought HSY expansion I noticed an interesting quirk I grew to love. When starting a relationship with NPCs (Married or not) I'd get an autonomous pop-up (sometimes with multiple sims) To get engaged. I absolutely loved this feature, whether intended or not. I know some would complain about it but I enjoyed it. Lately, I noticed it has limited to extremely rare for this to happen. (I also have Kawaii stacie's SOL, if it makes a difference). Is there a way to restore this feature by console command, or was it completely patched out? Thanks for any help.

That mod is very broken. Remove it. It's probably causing you that issue and others. KS is gradually remaking the mod from scratch; see her website for the one part released so far.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.