Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I put a notepad note in my mods folder?

There are certain things I have a tendency to forget and I make notes on a paper notebook. But I tend to lose the notebook.. :#
I was wondering if putting a notepad note in my mods folder would cause the game to mess up in some way, like trying to read it or understand what it is or something like that. But I know sometimes files that aren't recognized are just ignored as well. Has anyone else ever done this? Or do you know enough to know if it would be an issue? I know sometimes mods come with notes in their unzipped folders, I always deleted them..
Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
| Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |

Comments

• userafwuserafw Posts: 34 Member
    Do you mean for your Sims, or for yourself? I find I can put text files in my Mod folders without messing up anything. Use Windows notepad or Wordpad to create the text file. These programs have come with Windows longer than the Sims has existed as a game. Before that was the nightmare known as EDLN, along with DOS.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    userafw wrote: »
    Do you mean for your Sims, or for yourself? I find I can put text files in my Mod folders without messing up anything. Use Windows notepad or Wordpad to create the text file. These programs have come with Windows longer than the Sims has existed as a game. Before that was the nightmare known as EDLN, along with DOS.

Awesome. Yes I meant a Windows Notepad text file. It is mostly to remind me what certain mods are that I have in there and I can't tell from the file name. Then every time I fiddle with my mods folder I have to go look them up again to see if I am still using the dang mod. I like to keep my folder as clean as possible.

Thanks.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |