Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think I broke the wedding pack for good

Skr0alaSkr0ala Posts: 286 Member
Ever since the wedding pack fiasco i’ve Been telling myself that I’ll wait until the update is out that will hopefully fix all of the issues with the game. Unfortunately I couldn’t wait that long so I downloaded the wedding pack mod and since then nothing has been working right. Nothing shows up at all it looks like this1nhcuv5kr25c.jpeg
40wp4ugqxlre.jpeg

I tried removing the mod and playing it it and it still showed up the same blank images, and so with a heavy sigh I uninstalled the game to reinstall it, and about six hours and 50 packs later I open the game and still nothings changed I can’t make wedding plans at all now. I truly have broken the park I think and I don’t know how to fix it I don’t know how to undo what I did 😞.
"Be Happy, Stay Happy"-Lee Jooheon ( Stan Monsta X )
tumblr_n5dk7cOnt91qbvmm2o1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I'm not very good at fixing things in the game, but just wondering if you tried to delete the cash file and then run a repair in origin?
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Skr0ala wrote: »
    Ever since the wedding pack fiasco i’ve Been telling myself that I’ll wait until the update is out that will hopefully fix all of the issues with the game. Unfortunately I couldn’t wait that long so I downloaded the wedding pack mod and since then nothing has been working right. Nothing shows up at all it looks like this1nhcuv5kr25c.jpeg
    40wp4ugqxlre.jpeg

I tried removing the mod and playing it it and it still showed up the same blank images, and so with a heavy sigh I uninstalled the game to reinstall it, and about six hours and 50 packs later I open the game and still nothings changed I can’t make wedding plans at all now. I truly have broken the park I think and I don’t know how to fix it I don’t know how to undo what I did 😞.

I ran into the same problem when starting a wedding party from the phone when not both of the engaged Sims where present when I was trying to plan the event. I tried again when both partners were home together and it was all fine then. I fist got this today, so it might be patch related.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Skr0alaSkr0ala Posts: 286 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I'm not very good at fixing things in the game, but just wondering if you tried to delete the cash file and then run a repair in origin?

Oh! How do you delete the cache file? i only did it a couple of times but that was years ago 😅
    "Be Happy, Stay Happy"-Lee Jooheon ( Stan Monsta X )
    tumblr_n5dk7cOnt91qbvmm2o1_500.gif

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Have you tried a new save without any mods in it?
    One time a mod broke my save and once it's borked from a mod it's borked. I couldn't bring it back. Also repair and then try a new save
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Skr0ala wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

Oh! How do you delete the cache file? i only did it a couple of times but that was years ago 😅

In your Sims4 folder locate localthumbcache and delete it. It will get rid of and coding a removed mod may have left behind.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited March 2022
    This is what I did to restore my game. If you would like to try my method, please backup and be careful not to delete anything else. I know how frustrating it is when your game is suddenly broken and laggy and not working as good as it once was, so I hope it works for you. :heart: Please back up your whole folder somewhere else before you start deleting, just in case.

In Sims 4 folder:
    1. cache folder: I just delete the whole folder.
    2. cachestr folder: I just delete the whole folder.
    3. Mods: remove all the mods and CC and delete the Sims file called "resource.cfg", and you should only have one of these in your folder at any time, or just delete the whole mods folder and resource file if you don't have any mods / CC in it.
    4. onlinethumbnailcache: delete the whole folder.
    5. Save folder: delete anything you don't want anymore, but be careful these are your game saves, so might be easier to delete in the game manager

down below the folders are some files to delete:
    1. avatarcache.package
    2. localthumbcache.package
    3. any last exception crash log file

In Origin:
    click on the the cog wheel and select repair, it will scan through your games and look for something to repair.

Open game back up again. You should now be back in a restored game with the following regenerated fresh and brand new: cache folder, cachestr folder, mods folder & resource.cfg file, onlinethumbnailcache folder, avatarcache.package file and localthumbcache.package file

**Edit: P.S. This is my maintenance routine. I also do this when the game updates with a patch or if I download a new expansion game. It has helped with some bugs and lag from that too.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member

It looks like the bug i had with the mountain excursion event last year. A new game was the only way to get it to work ! It wasnt even mod related, and it took me a good number of days to find the appropriate thread, there is a lot of misinformation out there i hope you can resolve this ...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    You can report non-mod related issues here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en