Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Update Likes and Dislikes

NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
edited March 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I love Likes and Dislikes, but there are several skills that have not been added. Can we please have an update to include the missing skills?

Missing Skills:
  • Archaeology
  • Charisma
  • Fabrication
  • Flower Arranging
  • Herbalism
  • Juice Fizzing
  • Logic
  • Medium
  • Parenting
  • Pet Training
  • Selvadoradian Culture
  • Vampire Lore
  • Veterinarian

Missing Radio Stations:
  • Carnaval

Missing Décor:
  • Industrial
Post edited by NightlyCoffee on

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes please! I would also like Industrial as a décor option.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'd probably even use them for some sims if I had the option not to use them at all for others (Edit: By "others" I mean both played and unplayed sims).
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would like it to include things beyond skills too, like activities ie. Reading, Swimming, etc.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I would like it to include things beyond skills too, like activities ie. Reading, Swimming, etc.

Yes, I can't believe Reading isn't a Like/Dislike :(

There are so many things they can add. I actually like how they implemented Likes/Dislikes, but I agree that there are plenty of activities that need to be added.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I hope the likes for those missing skills will be added at some point.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @annaliese39 I added Industrial to the list. I don't often play with the decor options, but I'm surprised that it wasn't already an option. Especially after they had an entire kit dedicated to it.

I'd also would love to see the addition of foods and drinks to Likes and Dislikes.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    @annaliese39 I added Industrial to the list. I don't often play with the decor options, but I'm surprised that it wasn't already an option. Especially after they had an entire kit dedicated to it.

Exactly! Thank you. I am hoping it is just an oversight and it will be added soon.

I also agree food/drinks preferences would be great.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Add me to the list of people who want those skills, industrial style and non-skill activities to be added. Even though there are some of those skills I would rarely use, it seems like some sims loving them would make it even more relevant, and it would stand out.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    If they're only going to let us choose skills under the "Activities" tab, they should rename that tab to reflect that (as "Skills"). Otherwise, they should add things like reading (my poor Bookworms might be feeling left out) or pub games or drinking bar drinks (not necessarily ones they made themselves), and other similar things.

But my most fervent wish is still for an on/off toggle or something so that not all sims in all my saves would be expected to have game-mechanic likes and dislikes of any kind. The ones involved in my story-style play already have their own preferences outside the game, so I don't need the in-game version for those. But it drives me bonkers to have to mark unplayed townies (the ones who are connected in some way to my story sims) as played just so that the game won't automatically assign some arbitrary and usually nonsensical likes/dislikes for them.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2022
    Ideally there should be a "Hobbies/Activities" tab that is separate to the "Skills" tab. You should be able to choose a general category or skill if your sim likes all those things, or specific activities if they are pickier. Examples:

Liking Comedy as a Skill would auto-Like:
    • Watching Comedy channel on TV
    • Watching Sit-Com channel on TV
    • Watching Comedy Movies
    • Watching Comedy live
    • Watching Funny SimTube Videos
    • Reading Comedy books
    • Reading Playful Emotional books
    • Viewing Playful artwork and photos
    • Telling jokes to sims
    • Telling funny stories to sims
    • Telling jokes on mic
    • Writing jokes

You could then de-select anything you didn't want, or just uncheck Comedy and select things individually if you only want a couple of the interactions.

Things that are unique activities (skill or no skill) should also be grouped into categories such as:

Sports & Fitness
    • Sports (Team)
    • Sports (Solo)
    • Basketball
    • Soccer
    • Skiing
    • Snowboarding
    • Climbing
    • Cycling
    • Swimming
    • Diving
    • Ping Pong
    • Yoga
    • Running (Jogging/Treadmill)
    • Martial Arts (Boxing/Combat Bot/Sword Fights/Lightsaber Duels/Spellcaster Duels/Sparring)

Games
    • Video Games (All)
    • Mobile Games (Phone/Tablet/Toddler Tablet)
    • Computer Games (Computer/Console/Arcade Cabinet/Gaming Rig)
    • VoidCritters
    • Board Games (All)
    • Chess
    • Cards
    • Sabacc
    • Don't Wake the Llama
    • Darts (debate whether this is a Sport, but it doesn't build Fitness levels so...)
    • Foosball

Media
    • All
      • By format (TV, books, internet, art etc)
      • By genre (Romance, horror, mystery etc)

Etc.