Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 5 BRAINSTORM MEGATHREAD

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
edited September 2022 in Off Topic Chat
(Note: It hasn't been confirmed that Sims 5 will be announced or when it will come out if it is announced - this is all purely speculation for now)

I wanted to create a dedicated Sims 5 thread for providing suggestions and brainstorming for the next generation Sims game. Feel free to provide them in this thread.

For further discussion on specific topics see:

What would make or break the game for you: Sims 5 dealmakers vs dealbreakers
Rotational gameplay: I beg you EA, Sims 5 MUST support rotational gameplay
Smart AI: I beg you EA, Sims 5 MUST have smart AI
Open vs. closed world: I beg you EA, Sims 5 MUST have this pseudo-open world concept
Personality system: I beg you EA, Sims 5 MUST have this personality system
Online and multiplayer: How do you want a Sims 5 online multiplayer mode to work
Occults and life states: What mythological creatures should be in the Sims 5
Art style: TS5 realistic or cartoony graphic style
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
Post edited by simmerorigin on

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The dealbreaker is having to deal with the same issues from The Sims 4. Things like skin tones and missing features shouldn't be a problem in Sims 5. Since we have been through many controversies over the years.

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    This is minor but I hope when they do the hair texture filters in sims 5 they do: straight, wavy, curly, and coily. So I hope they break up the afro textured tag to curly and coily. Technically afro textured means type 4 (coily) but there is a filter missing for type 3 (curly) hair. So there is hair in the sims 4 that is just curly and type 3a at best getting tagged as afro textured hair. For anyone that is curious you can search up a hair type chart on Google to see what I'm talking about.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    This is minor but I hope when they do the hair texture filters in sims 5 they do: straight, wavy, curly, and coily. So I hope they break up the afro textured tag to curly and coily. Technically afro textured means type 4 (coily) but there is a filter missing for type 3 (curly) hair. So there is hair in the sims 4 that is just curly and type 3a at best getting tagged as afro textured hair. For anyone that is curious you can search up a hair type chart on Google to see what I'm talking about.

Yes, I strongly agree diverse representation options should be available in the base game. Much more than what we had with TS4.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    edited March 2022
    WORLD CREATION

I am a creator. I love it. From building the world to making characters. The more I can design, the more I love it.

My favorite Sim look is Sims 4. It's beautiful. I love the lightening and the scale. I want this in a new game with a few tweaks:

I love Sims 4 CAS. I use mods for this hair and makeup. It would be great if it came that way. It makes a huge difference and in my opinion, the sims look perfect with only those tweaks. I would be okay with a few more sliders, but not too many. We don't want it to get too complicated, right? I would like to make some of my sims bigger. Even at the largest mass, some of them are too skinny. I enjoy playing with the fitness aspect. Make a sim as large as I can and see if I can make them loose the weight. I'm weird like that. LOL.

Color wheel. Definitely a must for any creator.

I love the building system in 4. I definitely want that in a new game. The only change would be to foundations. I would like to build a garage that is flat to the ground and have it attached to a house with a foundation.

No Fakes. Only playable buildings. I want to design every single building in the neighborhood.

I want to design the roads, the trees, everything! It has to be part of the game. No external programs. Sims 2 did this well. A modern version would be amazing! And don't forget the terrain editor!

No rabbit holes buildings. This goes along with the design everything aspect. I used to love making my stores in Sims 2 and then going inside and watching the Sims use it. Plus, we have get to work in 4. So we know it can be done.

And yes, of course, I want open neighborhoods, because I am one of those creators that likes to sit back and watch Sims live in the world I created. Not an open world. I'm good with the map to switch between worlds, although it would be cool to connect the neighborhoods however we wished. Just so we can watch our sims drive from one place to another. I used to play a game called Yoworld that gave us a way to connect our houses so we could go from one to another by just clicking an arrow. I enjoyed that.

Well, this seems like a lot of options and I know I said just one feature at a time, but this is one big thing for me. The world creation. It is my number one for a game. Just a few features, from existing games, rolled into one would make a new game close to perfect.

@Randie_Reigns You have some great ideas
    1. I agree the Sims 4 looks really nice. Though I will qualify this and say it's starting to feel very monotonous. The same grassy textures. Bright and cheerful. Eco Lifestyle was an opportunity to make something grungier and I think it failed at this.
    2. Yes CAS is really good
    3. Color wheel over create a style. I agree with this
    4. I think there should be the concept of pseudo-rabbit holes. Where the interactable rabbit hole is a door rather than an entire building shell. That way you can build the exterior of the building and some common areas before you place the rabbit hole door inside one of the rooms for the functionality
    5. World Building like Sims 2 is awesome, though I worry this won't make it into the base game again
    6. I want a pseudo-open world, with "districts" or sections of neighborhoods that are loaded. The whole world wouldn't be simulated all at once since that is too laggy and causes it to feel to empty. Rather, this district approach would force Sims to populate the area while you are currently there
    7. World creation was a lot of fun. I would extend this to where you can create all of the townies including homeless ones that don't have a house in the neighborhood but travel to the neighborhood each day (e.g. commuters) and assign them such as cashiers and bartenders
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

This would be great!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 2022
    TS2 got it right with so much--Sim personalities, detailed animations, cars, open neighborhoods (worlds are a little hardware intensive in my mind).

TS4 has a good UI and well, easy rotational play. CAS is not a nightmare. ]

I think that after ten years, a LOT needs to be changed. However, I feel the core of the game should heavily use TS2 for reference.

I'm sort of on the fence with character models. I have noticed the software for creating 3D characters is getting so good, they can turn out almost photorealistic results.

I am curious about possibly implementing something like this in the game for a new CAS feature.

https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/headshot/
    I'm hoping in sims 5 they expand on the gallery feature. They could make search more customizable and better thumbnails. Maybe instead of a screenshot or in addition to it you can see like a 3d view of the lot or sim you are viewing. Also they could improve the social feature like add the ability to reply to comments.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm hoping in sims 5 they expand on the gallery feature. They could make search more customizable and better thumbnails. Maybe instead of a screenshot or in addition to it you can see like a 3d view of the lot or sim you are viewing. Also they could improve the social feature like add the ability to reply to comments.

So, just like Spore creations (in that, individual creatures are saved to Sporepedia, and you can preview them which takes them to a 3D view where you can spin around and see their abilities, I wasted lots of time just browsing Sporepedia and looking at all of the creations. Sporepedia also lets you comment on other people's creations)? I first played off Spore, so the whole household way of organizing Sims was a bit convoluted for me.

Plus, Spore saves individual creations as png thumbnails of your creation with embedded metadata. It's amazing for sharing, because you can drag the png into the game and the game will load and save your creation.
    A1hnP0t.png
    edited March 2022
    I think every single producer on the Sims 5 team needs to spend a few hours playing the Sims 2 to understand the lore. Also, the Sims Wiki exists...there's simply no excuse for getting it wrong. Keep the personality points, interests, family trees, aspirations, etc. all consistent @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruFrost
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I think every single producer on the Sims 5 team needs to spend a few hours playing the Sims 2 to understand the lore. Also, the Sims Wiki exists...there's simply no excuse for getting it wrong. Keep the personality points, interests, family trees, aspirations, etc. all consistent @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruFrost

They should have a few devs spend several hours playing all 3 games. Each game has had the things they excel in and the things that they need some serious work in. Even Sims 2 has areas where the other games did it better.

All should give at least a couple hours to each game.

And by game I mean fully loaded, all EP's and SP's.

While a few hours to even several hours would not be enough to be fully informed on every detail of the game, it will give developers a base level idea of what people mean when they say they want X from Game Y.

Idk about the sims 5 team but a lot of the ones on sims 4 have played sims 2 or even worked on it
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    The main dealbreaker for me is an unstable engine 😫😫😫.
    The number of patches and spaghetti code in TS4 is so frustrating.

I would not buy TS5 if it follows this path. Also fixes should not include items. I never wanted half the stuff we got given yet to get the patch to continue playing meant you had to.

I’m not an engineer so I don’t know if it’s possible that new packs complement the existing codes and are just allowing new interactions.

The main thing that would be a big deal maker. 😊
    Clearer pack categories.

To me, Expansions should be world changing packs. Brand new world, an activity, big build and CAS items fitting what the expansion is about. I.e. Seasons or Pets would be Expansions as it causes world changes.

I would like game packs changed to Theme packs. It’s a middle pack. Nifty Knitting for example would be a theme. Changing the name to theme might help people decide if it’s something they want to add or leave out. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Stuff packs used to only add mainly build items and/or CAS. Sometimes houses to place on lots or new community lots.

No kits!!! 😫
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Biggest deal breakers:

Online only
    Closed world
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Seera1024 wrote: »

They should have a few devs spend several hours playing all 3 games. Each game has had the things they excel in and the things that they need some serious work in. Even Sims 2 has areas where the other games did it better.

All should give at least a couple hours to each game.

And by game I mean fully loaded, all EP's and SP's.

While a few hours to even several hours would not be enough to be fully informed on every detail of the game, it will give developers a base level idea of what people mean when they say they want X from Game Y.

I don't disagree with you. Each game has something that it really excelled in. But my point was that, arguably, Sims 2 really did the heavy lifting when it came to providing the foundation of lore for the entire franchise. But yes, there are reasons for all of the devs to revisit Sims 1-3.
    The main dealbreaker for me is an unstable engine 😫😫😫.
    The number of patches and spaghetti code in TS4 is so frustrating.

I would not buy TS5 if it follows this path. Also fixes should not include items. I never wanted half the stuff we got given yet to get the patch to continue playing meant you had to.

I’m not an engineer so I don’t know if it’s possible that new packs complement the existing codes and are just allowing new interactions.

The main thing that would be a big deal maker. 😊
    Clearer pack categories.

To me, Expansions should be world changing packs. Brand new world, an activity, big build and CAS items fitting what the expansion is about. I.e. Seasons or Pets would be Expansions as it causes world changes.

I would like game packs changed to Theme packs. It’s a middle pack. Nifty Knitting for example would be a theme. Changing the name to theme might help people decide if it’s something they want to add or leave out. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Stuff packs used to only add mainly build items and/or CAS. Sometimes houses to place on lots or new community lots.

No kits!!! 😫

I am really excited for Unreal Engine 5 (allegedly). This is a big deal. If true, at least the base game's foundation will be extremely strong as it's relying on the back of one of the best engines. But of course, EA can still mess up the game with poor game design or creative decisions.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    Sul sul,

Just letting you know this was moved. When/if The Sims 5 is officially announced we'll allow posts like these on the Sims Franchise board, until that point I'll continue moving them to the Off Topic section of the forum.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • TrelaniTrelani Posts: 30 Member
    For me I am hoping we get things like the color wheel, weather, toddlers. an open world, and cars in the base game. And I hope EA doesn't remove content that should be in the base game only to feed it back to us piece by piece via DLC. They need to improve owning a business; I should need to convince someone to buy a cake. And the checkout process needs to much quicker.

Biggest thing I hoping for is a massive step up in graphics and facial features. Sims 4 sims look a bit cartoonish. I'd love for a more realistic models. And please, no block of clay looking hair.

Diverse worlds would be great as well. Real cities with actual skyscrapers, large buildings and lots of cars. Which would be graphics intensive, but would be more immersive. Rural areas would be more sparse with lots of farmland. And we could have areas in between and open up world building to the community.
    tumblr_napwxu8Fid1ssnwyto1_250.gif
    https://www.ea.com/inside-ea/news/come-build-the-future-of-the-sims-at-maxis

In this recent announcement, Catharina Lavers Mallet talks about "continuing to create entertaining and unexpected content for The Sims 4 for years to come while also building the future of The Sims franchise" i.e. drawing a distinction between The Sims 4 and building the future games of The Sims Franchise that is not the Sims 4. Does this mean we can now brainstorm about the future games of The Sims Franchise in the Sims Franchise board? @EA_Cade
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    Heya,

Not yet. I'll allow this type of thread in Sims Franchise Discussion once a product is officially announced by Maxis.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Natsu1986Natsu1986 Posts: 9 New Member
    ~Fairies & Fashion Industry Pack(s)~
    Give me pixie wings (among other wing varieties), silk, textile creation of the silk, fashion designing, and fashion creation: sewing, embroidering, knitting, crocheting. Give of cotton farming, too. And, wool ranching from various wools (sheep, cashmere goat, angora rabbit, merino goat, yak, vicuna, llama, etc). It'd also be great to include banana silk, and lotus silk farming.
    It's kind of important for me to have this. I'm not myself without it.
    Make sure there's lots of fae fashions in the craftable clothes, too, among for other occults given to us, more than fairy(butterfly)-specific, include sprite(bee), pixie(dragonfly), nettle(hornet), lady/lord(ladybug), mayfly(mayfly), mothy(moths in general), silky (silkworm moths), etc. Silky, mothy, fairy, and spider mixes should all have innate silk production.
    Include spies(spiders), too, please, because they'll be at home crafting clothes for the community, too.
    Give us shoe-making, too, please.
    And, let us run fashion boutiques, and sell online, too. Online sells should be available to sims in all our playable worlds, not just the one we live in.

~General Farming Pack~
    Also, give us full-scale farming (even if a small farm for our local world), not just gardening. And, let us stock the grocery store, and sell excesses to other worlds if we have an abundance of farming in a world.
    Also, make sure we can go to the grocery store, work in the grocery store (full time, too, not just part-timers), grocery shop for 2-7 days worth, and use a grocery delivery service. The delivery service will be helpful for when a disabled & elderly sim expansion pack is put in.

~Disabled & Elderly~
    Yeah, also a disabled & elderly expansion pack, please. Have it give disabled, and elderly housing. Group homes for disabled, and elderly, too. And, assisted living. And, elderly communities. And, disabled & elderly health insurance. Also, disability, and elderly benefits. At least include all the most common disabilities, please, if there's too many variations out there to include everything.

~A Medical, Psychiatric, & Dental Pack~
    Please? With various insurance options, making sure some are affordable or even free to poor sims?
    This could give us a lot of injury, and illness possibilities, and can be designed to go with the disabled & elderly pack, please?
    Make sure various medical, psychiatric, and dental careers are added with the pack, please!

~A Garden, Yard, & Florist Pack~
    It should include all basics of this area.
    It should include both the local flower arranging standards, and Japanese flower arranging for a flare of other countries.
    It should also give hot springs creation, pond creation, pool creation, and hot tub creation. Not just cookie-cutter hot tubs, and hot springs, please.

~A Politics Pack~
    One of the changes possible to make in politics should be votable tax-paid health insurance for either just those too poor to afford insurance, or even for everyone. They could vote if they just want it for the poor, if they just want it for kids, or if they want full equality in tax-paid insurance for everyone.
    Give the city hall an option to check on basic information, like what needs to be farmed, or if lots of people have no insurance, or if lots of people have no job, etc.
    Put lots of other cool ways politicians and voters can change the world, such as making it green, and whether caring about litter, etc.
    This should also include possibility of creating, running, and joining Home Owners' Associations, as a sub-government locally that helps keep your neighborhood healthy if you have one.

~A K-12 School Pack~
    It should give school politics, such as improving schools.
    It should give donating to schools when they seek handouts to help them if they don't have enough tax funds, or enough private school funds.
    It should give a lot of alternative schools, such as a rich kid one, a military school, a school for kids who drop out or get expelled from public school, etc.
    It should give boarding schools.
    It should give us X-gene mutants like in the X-Men, and include the Xavier School as one of the boarding schools.
    It should include earning scholarships for college & university for their future, and scholarship earning to go to nicer schools than one's parents can afford.
    It should include school sports games, dance recitals, band concerts, orchestra concerts, choir concerts, plays, musicals, and dances.

~As usual, a college & university pack~
    Make sure there's not only expensive universities; but, cheap, local colleges, too.
    Like the K-12 pack, include all the different events they should have.
    Give them daycares, please!

~A Club Pack, Again~
    Make sure it's not only for adults, but that kids can have school clubs, and sub-culture cliques.
    But, remember to encourage inclusiveness next time. Such as that a club can have way more members than just 8, and that it can be joined if taken to the internet by sims in other worlds.

~A Wateringhole Stuff Pack~
    It should add more stuff for pools, hot tubs, hot springs, water gardens, koi ponds, and goldfish ponds than the expansion that gives creating themdoes.
    ~A Poor People Pack~
    Have it give us lots of poorer full-time, and part-time jobs.
    Have it give poor people benefits, such as food stamps, and poor people housing.
    Have it give the possibility of living homeless if you fail to afford or keep a home, and of their being homeless NPCs around.
    Don't forget homeless shelters, donation centers, and donation drives!
    ~A Ranching Pack~
    For more than just wool. Cows. Horses. Goats. Chickens. Pigs. Fish. (Why do they call it fish farming in the industry, when it's factually ranching? Fish aren't plants, their animals.) Etc.

~An Orchardist Pack~
    Giving lots of accurate trees for fruits and flowers.
    Oh! For giving us better clothes & shoe creation, have it like Sims 3, where it can be highly custom.
    But, have the mass-produced, basic clothes and shoes be stuck in only a small number of looks options.
  • piglet411842003piglet411842003 Posts: 6 New Member
    I wish sims 5 would let you build the world like it did in sims 3. I liked making everyone around me have small lots and I had the biggest lot to build a house on.
  • piglet411842003piglet411842003 Posts: 6 New Member
    Also I would like for sims 5 to be able to have as many levels of floors as you want cause i like to build castles