Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So gross... can I fix this

I have a young adult female sim who's raising her daughter at her parents home while she pursues the master actress/ superstar route

Her and her mother (gross) gained a romantic relationship at some point.

I already asked to be friends
No free love is on

Tell me I can remove the romance meter so it doesn't come back.

Help 😩

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    If you have MC command you can remove the relationship then just fix it back to how you had it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    "So it doesn't come back" ... no, that would require mods. It's a game glitch and can happen when sims get into flirty conversations with more than one Sim at a time. The mother or daughter probably injected herself into a conversation that the other one was having with someone else.

To remove it, you can use the modify relationship cheat code, or a mod (MCCC can do this). To prevent it from ever happening again, you can use a mod for it. It's pretty rare though, so imo not worth adding a mod to prevent.
    I'm pretty sure there's a setting in MCCC that prevents it (though I could be mistaken)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I don't have MCC sadly

I don't want either to be "deleted" out of game and placed back in because it would destroy every other relationship they have in game.

edited March 2022
    @Wahini2024, just use the modifyrelationship to get rid of it then, and hope it doesn't happen again.
    @Stormkeep this is the only time I've seen it happen within a family. I've seen it happen to in laws but never within "blood lines" so I didn't even think it was possible as in I believed there would be a buffer for it sort of like can't "flirt with a teen" there should be can't "flirt with mom"

edited March 2022
    If you're not familiar with the cheat code, you would need to hit control-shift-c and then type:

modifyrelationship {PlayedSimFirstName} {PlayedSimLastName} {TargetSimFirstName} {TargetSimLastName} -100 LTR_Romance_Main

Put the actual names where specified (and don't include the brackets). If either of them has a double name for first or last name, put first name and last name in separate quotation marks.
    You may need testingcheats on to do it as well...I am not sure about that. Been a long time since I typed these out instead of just using MCCC to do it.
    edited March 2022
    @Stormkeep Yeah I've modified this way before but the romance meter never goes away it just isn't full and in my rotational play if they had a pink meter they can "regrow" the romance when I'm not around.

I've had to save sims into gallery and bring them fresh into the game without relationships at all to avoid this a few times to prevent old flames from returning. It was wrecking marriages. But I'm trying to avoid that here if it's even possible and just remove the meter so the only meter is the green one and not remove the sim.

It's just so yucky, why is there no prevention for this.
    Yah, afaik there is no way to actually 'remove' the presence of the bar without using mods short of removing them from your game and then re-placing them from your gallery. Nor is there a way from preventing it from returning without mods.
    @Stormkeep Great. Genuinely, thank you I'm just irritated it happened at all.

I'll have to wreck the family and place one back in from gallery. I have a zero in*est policy. If it was just a bartender or whatever fine but so not even remotely okay in this situation.

The easiest to wreck is the mom/ grandma I guess. She just got married too. Ack.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Have them fight with each other. It will make them lose relationship points. Or move the daughter out for a time and have no contact with the mom - any relationship will just sort of fade out over time. When enough time goes by then move them back in together.

On a game level - you may not have Free Love set up but there might be another neighborhood they visit that does have that NAP and that could be where they picked it up. I played one household that lived in Oasis Springs and the daughter was in a relationship with someone that lived in Windenburg. She went to visit her boyfriend and his dad hit on her. It was odd because he wasn't the flirtatious type then his mom came along and did the same thing. So I investigated it and found that their neighborhood had that as one of their NAPs. It was the one and only time I used a cheat to fix it.

It was annoying but what really made me despise the Neighborhood Action Plans was when buildings in StrangerVille were being wiped out and had to be redecorated due to the people taking stuff because of the "Sharing is Caring" NAP.
    @RebeccaThurston I had such a horrid experience with NAPS I disable them for every load so they aren't active in any world in any load I have. The naps nearly destroyed one of my larger loads where I have sims in almost every world and the chaos of them was hard to fix. So they didn't visit an area of free love at any point.

I didn't even see it happen or know when it happened. I only found out when I checked the daughter's relationship panel after a date to see what sentiments they got. And there it was. Her mom was also a romantic interest 😩 ewwww
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    I've had that happen in my rotational save. A brother and sister. I do not have NAPS enabled, I got so tired of sharing is caring. So much was disappearing all the time. Any way, I just ignored the romance bar in hopes it won't affect any of my gameplay.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Have you checked to make sure they're still Mother and Daughter? Sometimes relationship links get broken for one reason or another. The MCCC mod really is the easiest way to fix a messed up relationship link. You can always remove it once you've fixed this problem.
    Unless you play on a console, then you'll have to cheat it away with the cheat codes.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,822 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Have you checked to make sure they're still Mother and Daughter? Sometimes relationship links get broken for one reason or another. The MCCC mod really is the easiest way to fix a messed up relationship link. You can always remove it once you've fixed this problem.
    Unless you play on a console, then you'll have to cheat it away with the cheat codes.

👆I've had this happen several times.👆Never had it get to this point though, thank god!

@Catzilla yeah they're still mother and daughter. I might have to do mcc just to get rid of this. It's my first "simself" family and ummmm...yuck.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Perhaps the daughter is an imposter >:)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    Hi @wahini2024 you don't need to install a mod or delete your save, just use the cheat code described here:
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    If you're not familiar with the cheat code, you would need to hit control-shift-c and then type:

modifyrelationship {PlayedSimFirstName} {PlayedSimLastName} {TargetSimFirstName} {TargetSimLastName} -100 LTR_Romance_Main

Put the actual names where specified (and don't include the brackets). If either of them has a double name for first or last name, put first name and last name in separate quotation marks.
    You may need testingcheats on to do it as well...I am not sure about that. Been a long time since I typed these out instead of just using MCCC to do it.

• NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Okay, it seems like the new updated added a new phone call. I'm now seeing phone calls for asking another Sim on a date.

My Sim got an incredibly disturbing call though... His friend, James Alder, asked him if he should go out on a date with Maggie Alder because she's cute. Maggie Alder is his mother! What the heck!? Why is this even possible!? Obviously, I told him "No!" but I think this is a huge oversight. Sims should not call and ask if they should date their parents! I was so worried that maybe Maggie was no longer listed as James' mother, so I quickly popped into his household to check. Nope, she's still his mother. I have proof below.

u5RRsZe.png

PlU8ZKU.png

Maybe it's because James' parents are divorced, his mother is single, and doesn't live in the same household. It's just so wrong... I'm going to pretend that never happened.
    edited March 2022
    I don't think that's new, @NightlyCoffee. I'm pretty sure I had seen that before this last update.

Though I thought they said they fixed how it could happen between related sims...
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited March 2022
    @mightysprite @Stormkeep I've been trying to find a way to change the relationship "stats" for two NPCs using MCCC. One called my Sim and asked if she should ask another Sim out, and I told her she should. It went well, and she called my Sim back to tell him they're in love.

I've decided that when two Sims go out on a date as a result of a Neighborhood Stories phone call and my Sim hears that it went well, the Sims who enjoyed their date should get pink bars. I can't seem to find how to do this in MCCC. I wanted to avoid using the long "modifyrelationship" cheat if I could.

I can change their "relationship bits" to make them Lovers, Soulmates, etc., but since both are "Not in World," I can't use the cheats I know about.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    I've decided that when two Sims go out on a date as a result of a Neighborhood Stories phone call and my Sim hears that it went well, the Sims who enjoyed their date should get pink bars.
    I wish they would!
    I don't know anything about MCCC. But I wonder if EA will fix this as it does appear to be a bug and not by design.

edited March 2022
    @MoonlightGraham Click a mailbox, and select "MC Cheats"->"Sim/NPC Household Cheats"->"Summon Sim"-> Then either by name or with the list...it's a long list, so I recommend typing the name and only using the list if it doesn't work.

Summon both sims to the current lot that way, and then use the modifyrelationship cheat codes in the console. Or use the MC Command->Relationships->Set NPC Relationships Levels command by clicking them. Either way works.

I don't think you need to summon them first, but I like to always double check to make sure it worked so having them present on the lot lets me do that with MCCC. Neither method "looks" like it worked if you repeat the method to see if the relationship took hold, but it does work doing it either way. It just won't show up in the MCCC dialogues until you've done a lot change or a game reload.

If either of them is in the relationship panel of one of your active sims, you can skip the summoning steps entirely and just click the sim and do the MCCommand->Relationships->Set NPC Relationships Levels command straight from there.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Thanks, @Stormkeep . I hadn't thought of Summoning the Sims to the lot.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    @Stormkeep Yeah I've modified this way before but the romance meter never goes away it just isn't full and in my rotational play if they had a pink meter they can "regrow" the romance when I'm not around.

I've had to save sims into gallery and bring them fresh into the game without relationships at all to avoid this a few times to prevent old flames from returning. It was wrecking marriages. But I'm trying to avoid that here if it's even possible and just remove the meter so the only meter is the green one and not remove the sim.

It's just so yucky, why is there no prevention for this.

You can try to have your Sims fight/argue. I just had a problem between two couples; one-half of which are siblings. The sister's intended decided to flirt with the brother's fiancée. Yeah, she has a ring, and they have a date. I noticed that the brother soon had the angry moodlet about the flirty spouse. Since she had flirted with someone else the evening prior, his moodlet was now set to last 12 hours. Before the two of them left the restaurant, I noticed they only had the green bar. If you can get them to argue, you may have a chance to obliterate the pink bar altogether. Perhaps, you can bring in a third party for one of them to actively flirt with and you'll achieve your goal. It's worth a try. Best of luck that is one yucky set of circumstances. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,328 EA Community Manager
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    I have a young adult female sim who's raising her daughter at her parents home while she pursues the master actress/ superstar route

Her and her mother (gross) gained a romantic relationship at some point.

I already asked to be friends
    No free love is on

Tell me I can remove the romance meter so it doesn't come back.

Help 😩

This is clearly not working as designed, I've seen 2 reports of this over the last few days and I've sent this issue up to the Sims teams for investigation this morning.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png