Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're already teasing about the next pack (The gurus are hinting heavily today)

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    Here's the camper's stew tweet.
    And both tweets were from EA. Not The Sims account.

I really hope we'll see an OR refresh on the next roadmap.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hope we will be able to hike in Granite-Falls and the Refresh comes with more family activities that can also be used in other worlds...
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    If it is a Outdoor Retreat refresh I'd love a forest ranger career
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'd love to see a Outdoor Retreat update. I do hope they give the ability to add the bugs in other worlds. Could use them in the same way the pond bugs work. That pack has so much potential so I do hope they give it a refresh. Camping with my family when I was a kid was one of my favorite things to do.

I am definitely sitting and waiting in anticipation for that road map and to see whatever it is they have coming next.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    gamercat wrote: »
    If it is a Outdoor Retreat refresh I'd love a forest ranger career

I think a forest ranger career would be neat, especially if they put a career place in granite falls that they can work from!
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I would love an Outdoor Retreat refresh. If they added swimmable lakes, I would be so happy. Same if they added hiking.

If they added canoeing or kayaking, that would be amazing, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

I’d also dig some axe throwing, but only because it’s a hobby of mine.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    My thoughts..
    Ring ring girl, and the no swiping left comment suggests dating (maybe a dating app).
    Likes and dislikes just introduced gives the ability for an attraction system.
    What if they could "hold hands" on a trip?

I have been saying from the first hint, I think we could be getting a relationship/dating/romance type of pack!
    Mentioning Outdoor Retreat could be just a random mention of where two sims could hold hands, or it may be a place a couple could go on a romantic getaway together.. Being we just had weddings, adding an option for honeymoon also makes sense..
    Post edited by Chaotic_Moira on
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    I want the come back of the big foot
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I hope it's at least something occult players can use, they have been starved too.
    Watch it be something like StrangerVille, where occult players get nothing.

Hmm.... if I cannot have anything occult then StrangerVille Pt 2 would be ok in my book. I had a ton of fun with the crazy stuff in there. I bought the Tartosa-Pack for the world because Wedding-gameplay is not for me. StrangerVille as a GP and Weddings as a GP is a really really sad comparison. I would be a very very happy gamer if we got something as good as StrangerVille again.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2022
    I would love an Outdoor Retreat refresh. If they added swimmable lakes, I would be so happy. Same if they added hiking.

If they added canoeing or kayaking, that would be amazing, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

I’d also dig some axe throwing, but only because it’s a hobby of mine.

I would love Sims to swim in ponds/lakes.
    If there’s a problem putting the animations into the existing ponds/lakes then a new one just for swimming might be good? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

I would love axe throwing, it was one of my favourite thing from TS2 Bon Voyage. (Others were Bigfoot, fire dancers and hotels.)

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I'd love an OR refresh. I still send my sims camping regularly, but only ever to the newer worlds that have overshadowed Granite Falls. And for their herbalism needs they can go to various played sims, so the only time my sims would want to to go Granite Falls is for story segments aka take a bazillon of screenshots and exit without saving. The biggest saving graces for the world would be of course activities in the lake (not neccesarily swimming) and allowing residential lots.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I'd love an OR refresh. I still send my sims camping regularly, but only ever to the newer worlds that have overshadowed Granite Falls. And for their herbalism needs they can go to various played sims, so the only time my sims would want to to go Granite Falls is for story segments aka take a bazillon of screenshots and exit without saving. The biggest saving graces for the world would be of course activities in the lake (not neccesarily swimming) and allowing residential lots.

I want swimming, but other activities in the lake like log rolling would be great too!
  • HillOfTaraHillOfTara Posts: 31 Member
    Instagram had a new tease 6 hours ago, regular plumbob disappearing, a neon plumbob appearing in it's place with the text: "see you tomorrow" I'm assuming we'll hear tomorrow!
    The neon just screams "nightlife" and "clubs" to me
    HillOfTara wrote: »

I am seeing people speculating it's a Realm of Magic refresh because of Glimmer Brook being in the clip. But then Granite Falls was shown days ago, so..

I saw what you did, nightlife. Nightlife means dating. I still think it will involve dating.

Though they may be hinting at more than one thing as well. The banner said this season goes dark, so I am guessing the next several things will involve night/darkness in some manner.. I think nightlife will be one thing, including dating, but a refresh isn't impossible either. If they added werewolves, that could fit the night/dark theme.. There could just be a camping kit too though..
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Instagram had a new tease 6 hours ago, regular plumbob disappearing, a neon plumbob appearing in it's place with the text: "see you tomorrow" I'm assuming we'll hear tomorrow!

It's Today.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

I am seeing people speculating it's a Realm of Magic refresh because of Glimmer Brook being in the clip. But then Granite Falls was shown days ago, so..

I saw what you did, nightlife. Nightlife means dating. I still think it will involve dating.

Though they may be hinting at more than one thing as well. The banner said this season goes dark, so I am guessing the next several things will involve night/darkness in some manner.. I think nightlife will be one thing, including dating, but a refresh isn't impossible either. If they added werewolves, that could fit the night/dark theme.. There could just be a camping kit too though..

I agree with you on the series of things. To be fair, I think they push the limits of connections sometimes, but it would make sense for them to tease several things with a roadmap.
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member

I agree with the comments above. I think online dating and werewolves could fit in this theme. Also - the Neon is very 80’s, so maybe the aesthetic for this DLC could be MJ “Thriller” inspired
  • FinkiraFinkira Posts: 5 New Member
    > @HopeCrash said:
    > I agree with the comments above. I think online dating and werewolves could fit in this theme. Also - the Neon is very 80’s, so maybe the aesthetic for this DLC could be MJ “Thriller” inspired

Motorcycle bars and werewolves! And some 80s fashion. Yes, I have been watching true blood😂🐾

It's Today.

Time differences are hard
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited May 2022
    I know its only through June but i thought there'd be more aside from the 2 kits and game pack. Was hoping to see if they were going to include info on a pack refresh and something in a base game update.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Someone mentioned adding Log Rolling to an Outdoor Retreat refresh LOL. That would be amazing. As a Canadian I think they should also add some moose to the forest, a log waltz dance, and a plaid jacket. And a Simlish cover of this song:
    https://youtu.be/upsZZ2s3xv8
    edited May 2022
    Having seen what they put up I still see dating, and werewolves. Here are my predictions.
    • Kit one is a dating app (Ring ring girl, a couple romance tweets, and the hearts on the TV today are my reasoning).
      But I AM beginning to question this. Starting to worry it is just CAS junk..
    • Kit two is an outdoors kit probably just cas and buy items (Because of the Outdoor Retreat tweet and backyard imagery in the video).
    • And the pack is werewolves (I mean full moon, monster creeper shadow, Glimmer Brook tweet).
    There have been hints for all of these things in the last few weeks.
    All I care about is that the dating kit introduces an attraction system! But being it is a kit, I don't have my hopes on it.
    I really would have preferred fairies to werewolves personally, but..
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Could werewolves be a kit
    pack?
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Could werewolves be a kit
    pack?

No. GP at least. There is too much work/animations ect. for it to be in a kit. Kits usually indicate something already in the game except the dusting one. So many have requested it, that I'm sure that it will be werewolves. I personally didn't care for them in the Sims3 and didn't play them. However, if there is a nice world, great clothes, really nice and different BB and tons of gameplay, then not all is lost for those who could care less about wolves. Personally, if there had been a vote, I would've picked fairies over werewolves. I didn't care for magic either, but loved the world.

I'll have to check back later. It will be nice if they finally tell us something that is coming. They need more people working on these games.