Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're already teasing about the next pack (The gurus are hinting heavily today)

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited April 2022
    I'm hoping it's not another total disaster like MWS, or a kit, or a boring SP, or a GP that is really just a glorified SP, or an EP with less content than a GP but a world with 14 lots instead of 13.

Or tl;dr: not holding my breath for anything good.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Understand this, OK? If they can't announce the right wish we all wanted for The Sims 4 along with my R&B radio station, I'm about to be very upset right before the end of the early 2020s when it'll soon be over
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Next Sunday is May 1st that means the week after next is the first week of May. I belive this is when the roadmap will get revealed.

Please now more kits.

A letter was missing, it's fixed now :p

I think kits are okay and I understand console players are happy about them as they can't use CC. But they shouldn't be released in place of SPs or GPs.

I don't hate kits but I do wish we'd see a few supernatural themed kits, like more cosmetics that could be used to give our supernatural sims a more supernatural feel. Like horns and actual cat ears (as opposed to the dumb hair style that came with cat ears that were a complete disappointment).

Even some goth/punk outfit kit with more tattoos and piercings included would be great.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm not holding my breath for a pack that is somehow gonna be better than My Wedding Stories (I didn't buy that, as its glitches were the main conversation topic back in February).

Also, if it's not something I'd be interested in, then I might skip it or only buy it on sale.

Most of the bugs in MWS have been fixed.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    There is an icon behind simguru ninja's profile picture that looks like a pack icon. It depicts a gnome. Supernatural? Fairytale?
  • Options
    FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    There is an icon behind simguru ninja's profile picture that looks like a pack icon. It depicts a gnome. Supernatural? Fairytale?

It's in expansion pack colors too 👀 Reminds me of the cowplant icon in stuff pack colors he posted around April Fool's day. May be nothing or they might be up to something. I hope we get the roadmap next week. I'm dying for any hint of news.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'd be so disappointed if it wasn't Generations AGAIN.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    9hTllHR.jpeg
    Make of it what you will 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    9hTllHR.jpeg

They had this picture and other like this as a background wallpaper during the Sims Spark'd competition. I don't think it's a hint to anything, just temporary picture until they can post about the new roadmap or new pack. They said they'll release news in May, and that's only a few days away.

UMiHkAw.png

t6TTJoo.png

cKchTvH.png

KH7DbnX.png

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    9hTllHR.jpeg

They had this picture and other like this as a background wallpaper during the Sims Spark'd competition. I don't think it's a hint to anything, just temporary picture until they can post about the new roadmap or new pack. They said they'll release news in May, and that's only a few days away.

UMiHkAw.png

t6TTJoo.png

cKchTvH.png

KH7DbnX.png

Ok that explains everything. I didnt remember this. Thank you for the clarification.
  • Options
    Oh thanks cocobaura I never noticed it before! I was hoping they would drop a hint before may but I guess not 😅
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    9hTllHR.jpeg

UMiHkAw.png

t6TTJoo.png

cKchTvH.png

KH7DbnX.png

Yeah I made a tweet about it and simguruninja liked a reply to my tweet.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    EA is teasing. This might mean an Outdoor Retreat Refresh. Just throwing this out there.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I saw that and Outdoor Retreat makes a lot of sense as a refresh choice. I also have no idea what the context of that tweet would be otherwise. Who knows, though.
  • Options
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I saw that and Outdoor Retreat makes a lot of sense as a refresh choice. I also have no idea what the context of that tweet would be otherwise. Who knows, though.

It means their teasing us. The first week of May is Next Week and I'm expecting the Road Map Next Week. I bet anything they've been working on an OR Refresh for several months to a year.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    If that's true I would absolutely love an outdoor retreat refresh. I think I use that pack one of the most because camping and the apocalypse fits perfectly together 🥰
    and I love love the forest but it had so much potential to be better.
  • Options
    If that's true I would absolutely love an outdoor retreat refresh. I think I use that pack one of the most and I love love the forest but it had so much potential to be better.

This would be their chance to add hammocks and open up the lake with a waterfall for swimming.
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I would be confused by this choice tbh. Dine Out is the buggiest game pack and they could add a whole active cooking career, which would require almost no new animations. GtW would also have been a great choice.
  • Options
    HillOfTaraHillOfTara Posts: 31 Member
    If that's true I would absolutely love an outdoor retreat refresh. I think I use that pack one of the most and I love love the forest but it had so much potential to be better.

This would be their chance to add hammocks and open up the lake with a waterfall for swimming.

And to add:

Birdwatching
    Entymology
    Herbalist aspiration
    A lot to live on in granite falls
    More camping stuff
    More cas and B&B
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    I would be confused by this choice tbh. Dine Out is the buggiest game pack and they could add a whole active cooking career, which would require almost no new animations. GtW would also have been a great choice.

They had said before that refreshes weren't about bug fixes. They were about expanding concepts from old backs. Outdoor Retreat is prime real estate considering it was the first DLC for 4 and before the typical GP was standardized.

Don't get me wrong; I am pretty desperate for a Dine Out refresh for the reasons you mentioned (plus finally being about to do family restaurants like vet clinics). However, this is what mentioned when people brought it up over Spa Day's refresh.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I totally wouldn't mind a refresh for Outdoor Retreat. Maybe I'd actually send some sims there sometimes, especially if an option for residential lots were to be added. I've not been particularly inspired by this pack as much as I'd hoped, though it's a very pretty world.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    It does look like an Outdoor Retreat refresh is coming, which would be great. I hope we get (on top of extra BB) more herbalism concoctions, the ability to live in that world, and maybe a new career focused on the study of the wildlife? I'd love to see a few extra games and activities, like archery, treasure hunts (using a compass) and badminton (I don't know why I associate badminton with camping XD). It would be nice if sims could walk together in that world like they do in Snowy Escape. I also hope they can somehow make the lake a swimmable area.

Have you guys also noticed the Sims tweet about serving Taco Casserole or Camper's Stew for guests? Camper's stew was from OR, was it not? If that is a teaser, do you guys think the Taco Casserole is also relevant?
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I won’t be taking that tweet as any kind of confirmation, but I have been hoping for an OR refresh. I’d like to see herbalism and insect collecting be expanded upon. And while uncommon/ rare insects should remain Granite Falls exclusive, I’d like to see common insects spawn in a handful of appropriate locations in other worlds (like the park neigbourhoods in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, Glimmerbrook, the Bramblewood in HoB and maybe a couple of others.

It would also be nice if Granite Falls was given swimmable water in all 3 neighbourhoods, although I’m not sure how possible that is. It wouldn’t surprise me if major changes to worlds would only be possible to implement in new saves. If that’s the case, since I imagine the upcoming lore/ premise update will likely only be for new saves that would be a good opportunity to update existing worlds with new features (swimming, car-compatible roads, converting vacation-only worlds to residential etc).
  • Options
    It does look like an Outdoor Retreat refresh is coming, which would be great. I hope we get (on top of extra BB) more herbalism concoctions, the ability to live in that world, and maybe a new career focused on the study of the wildlife? I'd love to see a few extra games and activities, like archery, treasure hunts (using a compass) and badminton (I don't know why I associate badminton with camping XD). It would be nice if sims could walk together in that world like they do in Snowy Escape. I also hope they can somehow make the lake a swimmable area.

Have you guys also noticed the Sims tweet about serving Taco Casserole or Camper's Stew for guests? Camper's stew was from OR, was it not? If that is a teaser, do you guys think the Taco Casserole is also relevant?

Yes I noticed that as well.