Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're already teasing about the next pack (The gurus are hinting heavily today)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    [deleted tweet from Los Sims]

EDIT* when clicking on the link provided in the tweet it won't open and show a 404 error
    EDIT** I linked a tweet from LOS SIMS which is now have been deleted.
    The tweet was claiming an SDX would drop next week including a song translated into simlish from Alice Longyu Gao.

TheSims just confirmed
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I listened to the song on YT and it is the opposite of werewolf-ish.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I listened to the song on YT and it is the opposite of werewolf-ish.

We are going to get a GP and two Kits, so the song might be linked to the mood of one of them. I see it perfectly linked to the backyard camping kit we might get!
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    If you follow the link there is a little interview with the following snippet:

EA: When are the optimal times Sims should listen to “DTM?
    Alice: Definitely when getting ready to go to the club...

Since this season is all about after dark, this would fit in with that. It won't all be about werewolves.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |

Since this season is all about after dark, this would fit in with that. It won't all be about werewolves.

I knew it I knew that was club music I heard. I hope there is more then 1 new song. It's going to be a new radio station DTM.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

I knew it I knew that was club music I heard. I hope there is more then 1 new song. It's going to be a new radio station DTM.
    Will R&B be the next station after the upcoming radio station?
  • HillOfTaraHillOfTara Posts: 31 Member
    I don't know if this means anything, but lately about 6 different gurus have been sharing memories, specifically saying "childhood memory" "happy memory" maybe we're getting the memory system back?
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    HillOfTara wrote: »
    I don't know if this means anything, but lately about 6 different gurus have been sharing memories, specifically saying "childhood memory" "happy memory" maybe we're getting the memory system back?

What kind of memories? One of the hints for an upcoming kit was “making memories in the backyard”, with the video teaser showing a family outside.

While I doubt the kit will contain a memory system (patch is possible but I wouldn’t get too hyped) the types of childhood memories the gurus are referring to may suggest the theme of the kit in greater detail (other than cozy night in/ cozy camping).
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I'd be on Cloud 9 if they do an Island Living Refresh this Summer.

I think if they refresh anything it should be Island Living. I love everything they did with it, but it should've had houseboats and there should've been an underwater area for mermaids even if it was just one large one. Hammocks would be nice too, but I've about given up on them; it just seems they could take the bed sims sleep in and tweek it and make a hammock like the boat looking thing for infants.

CC Creators have made actual hammocks. If they can Maxis should be able to and an IL EP Refresh should also include boats that more then 1 sim can use. That was a missed opportunity.

Yes, and I don't see why. I mean I know that they would've had to figure out the bottom of the boat and the water part, but then it would just be straight build/buy. And mermaids and no where for them to go. I loved using the mermaids to go underwater in the Sims3, but mainly took sims down there to see them. Also, something I hate is the no news and very little to be excited about. In the Sims3 and the store, I was afraid not to look at the site, because you never knew when news was coming out and now I don't even go on the forums much because really there's nothing new until there is and usually I'm disappointed.
  • HillOfTaraHillOfTara Posts: 31 Member
    HillOfTara wrote: »

What kind of memories? One of the hints for an upcoming kit was “making memories in the backyard”, with the video teaser showing a family outside.

While I doubt the kit will contain a memory system (patch is possible but I wouldn’t get too hyped) the types of childhood memories the gurus are referring to may suggest the theme of the kit in greater detail (other than cozy night in/ cozy camping).

I don't think it has to do with kits. I think it's potentially related to a basegame update or the next EP (I'm expecting generations)

They have been sharing so many memories, memories with friends, of family, work, childhood.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2022
    I don't know if it's the right thread to share this in, but some information leaked about the kits:

The description of the Camping Kit (it's called Little Campers) sounds like it's going to have some gameplay elements for kids and families (buliding forts, game night). I love this! And there was a screenshot leaked from the Little Campers kit, looks amazing:

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I am honestly so excited. I love this so much. I hope the upcoming EP is Generations and adds to this. This is the content I want to see: family activities, things children can do together etc.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Love the projector screen and it looks like the car is made from boxes. Wonder if they will be able to drive it around.
    The projector can be used by all ages. Imagine builders making drive in movie lots now.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    It looks great ! New gameplay, things for the whole family and especially children : finally a kit I want to buy ! Also, note the werewolf sim on the screen, the moon behind, and the little sim thinking about a full moon...
    (and they're totally trolling us with that cardboard car, right ?)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    It looks great ! New gameplay, things for the whole family and especially children : finally a kit I want to buy ! Also, note the werewolf sim on the screen, the moon behind, and the little sim thinking about a full moon...
    (and they're totally trolling us with that cardboard car, right ?)

They are definitely trolling. It even had working headlights. :lol:
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    As long as we get werewolves I'll be happy.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • heiblumeheiblume Posts: 33 Member
    I would rather see an attraction system than online dating!!
    heiblume wrote: »
    I would rather see an attraction system than online dating!!

I'm pretty sure an attraction system would come in the same update as online dating.
    edited May 2022

I new it, I new it!!!

I have been saying it for weeks! I already added Callia Maebey to my library in preparation for this! As soon as I saw that little psycho was available I was like, the second we get a dating app she is going in LIVE. Sure, she might text a little too much. Sure, you probably don't like when she is outside your window.. But what can you do? She just wants to be loved!!! Hahahahaa <3:/>:)

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm a little confused on why a lot of simmers want online dating. I can't imagine what it would bring. Sims already can't get off of their phones and computers and I ban most technology because they don't often fit in my storyline. It wouldn't bring any new face to face interactions or anything. Just sims sitting at computer and the romance bar increasing.
    At least that's what I think of when I hear online dating. If it comes with attraction then maybe....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I'm a little confused on why a lot of simmers want online dating. I can't imagine what it would bring. Sims already can't get off of their phones and computers and I ban most technology because they don't often fit in my storyline. It wouldn't bring any new face to face interactions or anything. Just sims sitting at computer and the romance bar increasing.
    At least that's what I think of when I hear online dating. If it comes with attraction then maybe....

I guess it is down to ones style of game play and expectations. I don't picture them just sitting on their device chatting. I picture them signing up to the app, and then agreeing to or declining dates, which you then go on. I like that it is a way for my sims to meet new sims. Plus there are storylines I am drawn to. Like the pyscho chick I mentioned above. I also like the single parent looking for love. The total player looking for fun. The elder looking for companionship. The werewolf luring in a victim..

I also don't like taking my sims into town and to clubs to find sims for romance. I rarely have my sims at clubs. It just isn't game play that appeals to me. So having the game deliver them would be convenient.

On top of that, I think it will come with an attraction system. Which is the thing I want most.

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    edited May 2022

I guess it is down to ones style of game play and expectations. I don't picture them just sitting on their device chatting. I picture them signing up to the app, and then agreeing to or declining dates, which you then go on. I like that it is a way for my sims to meet new sims. Plus there are storylines I am drawn to. Like the pyscho chick I mentioned above. I also like the single parent looking for love. The total player looking for fun. The elder looking for companionship. The werewolf luring in a victim..

I also don't like taking my sims into town and to clubs to find sims for romance. I rarely have my sims at clubs. It just isn't game play that appeals to me. So having the game deliver them would be convenient.

On top of that, I think it will come with an attraction system. Which is the thing I want most.

Omg, please Maxis, I'm begging you, give us turn ons and turn offs! Please!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Interesting... haven't thought of those different aspects. That werewolves lure idea is tempting me👀👀 lol. If it were to come with an updated UI like arnies plumfruit phone system that would be fun to play around with.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(