Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Download Purchased Store Content

EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
Hello,

I have been unable to download store content that I purchased. Historically, I've been able to so without error, but for some reason, the Prism Art Studio does not download into the Sims 3 launcher. A pop-up window claiming that I don't own the store content appears. This is odd, as I obviously do - it's in my purchase history, and I'm logged into the launcher and Sims 3 site with the same account. I've attempted to log in and back out of the both the site and the launcher, but to no avail. Could anybody provide aid?

Thanks.

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Can you download the item into a clean user folder? Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a new folder, and see whether you can download the studio. If it works, you don't need to install it: transfer the downloaded Sims3Pack to the old Sims 3 folder (it goes inside Downloads), trash the new Sims 3 folder, put the old one back, and install the venue.

Otherwise, it sounds like something is broken on your account, and for that, you'll need to contact EA customer support.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

It's sometimes difficult to get help for store issues—I've had to repeat myself several times on occasion. But a support rep should be able to do something to help, for example add the item to your purchase history, or remove it and issue you some SimPoints so you can buy it again. So be persistent, or else walk away and come back later. EA Help on Twitter is a good alternative as well, particularly during U.S. business hours.