March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: March 15, 2022 Neighborhood Stories and Mar. 31 & Apr. 1 Patches

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Here's the updated version for bookcaseandstorageboxdontshareinventory:
    http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3071854/
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @LuvMySimz It was new features, not fixes. I think the full post with that info is on their Tumblr.
    Thanks @83bienchen !
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited April 2022
    https://modthesims.info/d/634595/control-any-sim-v1-2-2.html

This mod is awesome and super useful, but it hasn't been updated for a long time. Comments say it throws LEs and the modder published the source code because they had difficulty with updating and therefore abandoned the mod.

Does anyone know an alternative? Did anyone adopt the mod and updated it?
    Patch Time! Yes, again! This patch makes one mod obsolete:

Obsolete Mods
    • Error Code Zero Save Fix (TwistedMexi)
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

This mod is awesome and super useful, but it hasn't been updated for a long time. Comments say it throws LEs and the modder published the source code because they had difficulty with updating and therefore abandoned the mod.

I use that mod and it works fine for me. But then again I don't care about small LE's, they are harmless, and my game runs flawlessly. I have been using the same save for all these seven years. Sometimes you just have to decide which matters most. Back up your saves and play on. Control any Sim is not mod that I will play without.

As @Stormkeep rightfully mentioned, that mod can for some reason actually not be fixed for the time being.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I use that mod and it works fine for me. But then again I don't care about small LE's, they are harmless, and my game runs flawlessly. I have been using the same save for all these seven years. Sometimes you just have to decide which matters most. Back up your saves and play on. Control any Sim is not mod that I will play without.

I emailed the modder (found him online, he's German like me) and asked him to update, let's see!
  • feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 2022
    Hi!
    Andirz news

Mod status for patch 1.86

It looks like all my mods are not affected by the last patch 1.86. Everything runs flawlessly. If you still have any problems with my mods, please report it immediately.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/patch-1-86-64599360
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    edited April 2022
    All my published mods are working to game version 1.86.166.1030. I think this is the 01 Apr 2022 patch but who knows these days :wink: Just for interest Rocket Ship Upgrades and Inventory Storage files seem to have taken a hit. :
  • NatalieCVNatalieCV Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I am still having refrigerator isssues even after putting Bienchen's new file in the game. I went to an unplayed household, ordered a milk and it was only good for slightly over 2 days. I have Ravasheen's RVSN_HoardersSimnonymous_FreshIsMore_Addon_TuningOnly_1_0_0 and BrazenLotus's no shared inventory file. I'll pull those and see if one of them is the issue. I don't have LMS's no shared inventory installed.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @NatalieCV, she can't fix the issue as there is a problem in the game itself right now. Any mod that contains that tuning file causes the issue, even if it has absolutely no changes at all from the EA/Maxis defaults. Unfortunately the only way to fix the issue right now is remove the mods which adjust that tuning file entirely.
    Until someone figures out why modding this tuning file is now causing this problem, the mods in question won't be able to fix it.

Ravasheen's FreshIsMore_addon_Tuning only is fine, btw, it doesn't touch that file. BrazenLotus's Inventory not Shared, however, does, so almost certainly will cause the same problem.

@luthienrising, another mod to add to the list of mods causing this same issue (because they touch the same tuning file) is Adeepingo's Freelance Chef mod.

The tuning file in question is: objects.components.inventory_type_tuning
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I'm in Sweden, and I'm downloading yet another patch this morning. It's a big one - 230mb. Wonder if it's the promised fix for the crashing issues, @luthienrising?
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
    edited April 2022
    @GoddessByLine, that's probably yesterday's update for the Error Code 0 issue. There hasn't been another update since.
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @GoddessByLine, that's probably yesterday's update for the Error Code 0 issue. There hasn't been another update since.

Thanks. I played before bed last night, but no update then. It probably came while we were sleeping over here.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • NatalieCVNatalieCV Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Stormkeep said:
    > @NatalieCV, she can't fix the issue as there is a problem in the game itself right now. Any mod that contains that tuning file causes the issue, even if it has absolutely no changes at all from the EA/Maxis defaults. Unfortunately the only way to fix the issue right now is remove the mods which adjust that tuning file entirely.
    > Until someone figures out why modding this tuning file is now causing this problem, the mods in question won't be able to fix it.
    >
    > Ravasheen's FreshIsMore_addon_Tuning only is fine, btw, it doesn't touch that file. BrazenLotus's Inventory not Shared, however, does, so almost certainly will cause the same problem.
    >
    > @luthienrising, another mod to add to the list of mods causing this same issue (because they touch the same tuning file) is Adeepingo's Freelance Chef mod.

Thank you for the information Stormkeep. I did run a test on the updated Bienchen/Sims4Me bookcaseandstorageboxdontshareinventory and it did cause the shortened fridge "life span" issues still.

I'm not a modder, so figuring out which of the numerous storage mods I have is causing issues, is something of a challenge. I'm sure someone will get it figured out. I just wanted to post info for others wondering what is causing problems.
  • DellaLunaDellaLuna Posts: 9 New Member
    @LittleMsSam updated her Objects don’t share Inventory and More Servings Options & Better MealTime Menus mods for Patch 1.86.166.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/tagged/updates

@Stormkeep Does this look like it'll work, with the issues with objects.components.inventory_type_tuning?
    edited April 2022
    @DellaLuna, looking at it, it looks like she has figured out how to get the tuning adjustments to work. She has added a bunch of new lines in the tuning for "modifier mapping", which I imagine is something she (or someone who helped her) figured out was needed to get the tuning adjustments to work properly without causing the refrigerator issues.

I can't imagine she'd have done all that if she didn't also make sure it works, but without testing it myself (and I haven't yet), I can't say for sure. I'm going to go test it out right now.

Worth mentioning LittleMsSam has spent more time on this particular tuning file than any other modder I'm aware of, she dug into some really interesting issues related to refrigerators in the past. I figured she'd be the first one to crack this nut.

Update Edit: I've tested it and her solution is working splendidly. It turns out the "fix" was in the game update yesterday from EA/Maxis, making the tuning file work properly when modded again.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited April 2022
    All my mods are fine with both the latest patches. 1.86.157, 1.86.166

Gardening for All Seasons
    Better ECO Water
    Scientist Career - Graveyard Shift and Gardening Fix
    Better ECO Power
    No Robot Upgrade Parts on Chemistry Lab
    Longer Starlight Accolades Events
    Transform some Grass Everywhere
    Acting Career Gig Booster
    Mt. Komorebi Power Fix
    The reupdated version of bookcaseandstorageboxdontshareinventory is online under the same link as before:
    https://www.simfileshare.net/filedetails/3071854/
    edited April 2022
    Thanks @Stormkeep, @cyclelegs, @DellaLuna, @83bienchen!
    Feeling much better today. Thanks all for your support and patience!

Cleared by Creators for this week's patches
    • all mods by AndiRZ, cyclelegs, gettps, KiaraSims, littlbowbub, Lumpinou, NeedCoffee4That, Simularity
    • SimRealist - all public mods
    • thepancake1 and MizoreYukii - all but Begone Build Mode Lag (for Patrons)
    • baniduhaine - Nyx mods

Broken Mods
    • Freelance Chef (adeepindigo)
    • Inventory not Shared (BrazenLotus)

Mod Updates
    CC Updates
    Post edited by luthienrising on
  • BessyBessy Posts: 30 Member
    Hi guys! All of my mods are compatible with the patches. I've just updated the compatibility notes on all platforms.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @83bienchen I was just looking at your mods I had installed before the wedding patch. From what I can tell, you only updated sitatweddings_WeddingGP.package. I also have another one named sitatweddings.package from an earlier date. What is the difference? Does the WeddingGP replace the earlier version or is the earlier one for base game weddings?

You said sims4me_weddingpartyoutfitfix_receptionformal was obsolete, but are the other wedding party outfit fixes still needed or helpful (engagement dinner, rehearsal, wedding, family gathering)?

Thank you for all your great work!
    @lanlyn, remove that one. She updated the mod so that there is one for BG (base game) and another for GP (MWS Game Pack). That one that doesn't specify either GP or BG is the old one from before there were two different types of wedding events.
  • feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 2022
    Hi! A new SCCO!

Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul - 4.8.0

https://www.patreon.com/posts/srslys-complete-64485939

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file