Never met your online BFF but want to? Share your story with us here for a chance to win an all-expenses paid, meet up with your BFF IRL.
The Sims 4 will be FREE to download across PC/Mac & Consoles on October 18! More info here: here
September 23rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

How do you decide how many kids your Sims have?

Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,611 Member
As the title states, how do you decide how many kids your Sims have?

Do you have an absolute maximum due to the number of Sims you can manage at one time or that your computer can handle?

Do you calculate a specific ideal family size and then work towards that?

Do you go solely based off the wants of your Sims?

For me, I have ACR 2.0 so I can set an ideal family size and then that is used in the mod's calculations for if they try for a baby or not.

If 2 Sims have a different Ideal Family Size the one that has the higher one has to persuade the one with a lower Ideal Family Size to have another baby once they've hit that Sim's number of kids. So if Dad's Ideal is 4 and Mom's Ideal is 2 and they have 2 kids already, Dad has to persuade Mom to try for another baby. Same if the Mom's Ideal is 4 and the Dad's Ideal is 2. Mom has to convince Dad to have another kid.

I have a formula for that as well that factors in the aspiration, number of kids that already exceed the lower Ideal Family Sim amount, among other things.

I posted in detail here as I put it into place for a BACC I'm doing: https://wildwoodheightsbacc.wordpress.com/how-many-babies/

Comments

• lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 140 Member
    Hello, for me I decide based on the mood I’m in. If I feel like making a big family, I would make a bunch of kids, but if I just want to get straight to the game, I’ll make the parents and maybe one or two kids haha
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 43 Member
    I usually decide based on the size of the house they live in 😂 Also based on their personalities and aspirations to some extent, but mostly the size of the house 😂
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 577 Member
    Usually when I miss having a toddler in the house.