Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to Pre-mades ... Questions

ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
Hello, So I've decided to get back to playing The Sims 2 and I never really did play the pre-mades before. I've always made my own families. I did watch a fellow Simmer on YouTube play the pre-mades and now I'm taking the opportunity to try it out. I'm starting off playing Plesantview and using the prima guide I'm playing the houses in order. I'm on The Dreamers and my question is who do you pair Darren too? Also who do you pair Brandy too? I've seen people putting Brandy and Darren together however Darren is in love with Cassandra. Right now she is a married woman to Don but I'm thinking she'll eventually catch him cheating and I'll probably have her and Darren get together. I'm just curious what other Simmers are doing. To me it makes sense that Darren is a starving artist and Cassandra is from a wealthy family. He would have time to practice his art without worrying about money. Also since he wouldn't be working outside the home he would have plenty of time to dote on Cassandra like she deserves.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2022
    I would go a different route. If I were playing Darren as a starving artist I would make him paint some more and open a home business. Build him a little studio, put the sign on the door and start selling his paintings to the community instead of just deleting them and getting money that way. Maybe Cassandra would happen by to buy a painting and pay more than it's really worth. Then the romance could go from there, and maybe Don would find out Cassandra is actually the cheater and has a blooming romance with Darren, instead of Don always being the one who gets caught for his lack of discretion. :D

ETA: Then I might have Darren drop Cassandra or leave her at the altar, lol, because Darren has decided he is his own man and won't be a kept man, his art comes first sort of thing...no money in the world can take that away from him. lol

Then Cassandra and Don might try to get married and Don drop Cassandra because he has very bad double standards and thought it was just horrible his prized toy had cheated on him.

Then Cassandra should open an orphanage when Morty dies for several townie kids (who are homeless) and she live out her life as a spinster who never marries anyone. And her brother (oh, wait, that's TS3) could come back and want the property and Cassandra wind up in a nursing home. Build a nursing home for the elderly, use the Myne doors to designate the rooms with a common kitchen and common area for activities. lol :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JayR247JayR247 Posts: 26 Member
    In my pleasantview, I paired Darren and Brandi because they had 3 bolts. Plus in my head Dustin and Dirk are childhood best friends so I thought it would be cute if they became step-brothers. Brandi moved in with her boys and her and Darren had four more kids… so my town is full of Dreamers and Brokes. Brandi opened a small restaurant/diner and Darren decorated it with his paintings. They just seemed like such a nice, drama-less couple.

Although maybe I would have had a different narrative if Cassandra had been left at the altar by Don, they got married in my game and had four kids. They’re nearing the end now and are still together despite Don’s wandering eye. He has a daughter with Nina and one with Angela (ACR gives me the strangest of surprises) :D
  • Options
    Thank you for the ideas. I guess it does make sense that Brandi end up with Darren. I like the restaurant idea too and Brandi does have a lot of cooking skill points. She just had her third son with the late Skip that I named Bobbie after her dad.

I think I'm going to try and have Cassandra and Don together for as long as possible but I have a bad habit of not having enough drama and play very vanilla like. I'm going to try and meet more of Don's wants. They just had a son named Victor so I tried to have Don play it somewhat cool when Cassandra was pregnant.

Also Daniel Pleasant didn't get caught cheating yet but I'm thinking after the girls go to college he is really going to let loose. He might even end up getting his own place.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I played these households slightly different. I had Dustin and Angela have their First Kiss. Then sent both to college. I haven't played with the parents yet. If Brandi and Darren really do have Chemistry I might get them together. I am not sure about Cassandra yet. I will sort it out later after the kids finish college.
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    i've seen the rotational play that others do. This time when i started over, i played Don, and he invited kaityln over, got her pregnant, and moved in, and she had a kid with him. He also has kids with Dina, and Nina. He married Cassandra and they have a kid as well. For darren, since his wife died, i make a sims lookalike to his wife, and have him marry her. I do the same with skip broke as well.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    Dobster2017Dobster2017 Posts: 10 New Member
    :'( Not sure if this is the right place as i am new to all this but nothing i do to put custom content in my sims 2 base game works , I've made a sub folder called Downloads and i extract and place it all in there but when i go on the game nothing comes up and custom content is enabled , any help please ????
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    :'( Not sure if this is the right place as i am new to all this but nothing i do to put custom content in my sims 2 base game works , I've made a sub folder called Downloads and i extract and place it all in there but when i go on the game nothing comes up and custom content is enabled , any help please ????

What extension do the files have?

Some examples:

.package
    .zip
    .rar

Something else?
  • Options
    win rar but only the trial version and 7 zip i think ?
  • Options
    botanicalpaintingsetof4withpreview.zip this is what it looks like ?
  • Options
    botanicalpaintingsetof4withpreview.zip this is what it looks like ?

That's a .zip file.

The game can't read what's inside the .zip file.

You need to open that .zip file and copy the contents inside of it to the Downloads folder.

The game can only read .package files.
  • Options
    that what i have been doing but only been getting objects for the base game.
  • Options
    that what i have been doing but only been getting objects for the base game.

Are they recolors of objects already in the game?
  • Options
    no its a basic clock , when i download it they come up at 7z but when i click on it to open that file , it all opens as internet explore and i am trying to change it to 7z and it will not change ? its stressing me out , nothing i am doing is meshes or recolors .
  • Options
    You don't double click on the .package files. You just put the .package files into the Downloads folder. But you have to put them directly into the Downloads folder, you can't leave them in the .7z or .zip folder.
  • Options
    i go on mod the sims i find something simple i click download and at the bottom of my computer it downloads as a 7z , then when i go to my downloads to open it , it opens as internet explorer , so i cant even move them across to my sims 2 downloads folder ? sorry about all this but i am new to the custom content not the game ?
  • Options
    Ok. Right click on the .7z file and cllick Open With. Then make sure you select the option that will make the default program you open that file type with. Then select (you may have to browse your computer for it) 7zip as the program. Then you should be able to open those files with 7zip
  • Options
    they all ready download as 7z files on the bottom of my computer but to open then and see the rest of the files in that folder to copy into the downloads sims folder they only open up as internet explorer and you can not right click to change it , ive tried every single way to stop it but it keeps opening as that and its doing my head in , i really appreciate your help , im wondering if i might need to system restore to a early date to see if that fixes the problem
  • Options
    When you right click on the file what options are there? There should be a whole list of options that come up.
  • Options
    ive sorted it out now i had the default app as internet explorer so now the files open with 7z but the CC still dosent come up in the game ?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Did you copy the files from inside the .7z file into the Downloads folder?

7zip should have an Extract function. Just Extract the files into the Downloads folder and that should do the trick.
  • Options
    thank you very much . another question whats recolors and how do i put them in the game also meshes ?? yes i copied the files inside the folder :)
  • Options
    thank you very much . another question whats recolors and how do i put them in the game also meshes ?? yes i copied the files inside the folder :)

Meshes are the framework for objects and clothes.

Recolors are the patterns and appearances that go over those meshes to make a mesh more than a singular colored object.

You need both a mesh and recolor for an object to be usable in game. We've been discussing installing meshes and/or recolors.

Here's a good YouTube video on installing custom content. Goes over from the very beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9r4ch5m4mc
  • Options
    thank you ever so much you have been a great help :)
  • Options
    mychangelmychangel Posts: 3 New Member
    trying to make an alpha vampire without gettng bitten is there a way to do it for sims 2 type ???
  • Options
    mychangel wrote: »
    trying to make an alpha vampire without gettng bitten is there a way to do it for sims 2 type ???

For the sims 2 the only ways I know is being bitten or cheating.