Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding pack patch mess up? SOLVED

mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
I never marry my Sims but some do have families. Recently I noticed that none of the kids have their dad listed in the family tree. ( they used to ) I wonder if this happened with the latest patch? Has anyone else noticed?
Frustrating... now their dads are just friends, they "lost" their grandparents. I didn't see any of this mentioned in the patch notes. My Sims likes to "live in sin"!!!! :'(

Anyone know of a mod fix?

Post edited by mannanna on

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    I have no idea what could cause that. I haven't really done any gameplay since the patch.

If you use MCCC, you can fix their relationships.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    mannanna wrote: »
    I never marry my Sims but some do have families. Recently I noticed that none of the kids have their dad listed in the family tree. ( they used to ) I wonder if this happened with the latest patch? Has anyone else noticed?
    Frustrating... now their dads are just friends, they "lost" their grandparents. I didn't see any of this mentioned in the patch notes. My Sims likes to "live in sin"!!!! :'(

Anyone know of a mod fix?

Thank you for posting this. Is it the patch or the Pack?

Can anyone confirm?

I do not have the Wedding Pack yet. So I suppose I could disable MCCC and test it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

@mannanna I have tested it. Sim's simology still works. For un-married parents.
    Keep in mind that clicking on one parent will only show that Sim's offspring.
    Clicking on an offspring, will show both birth parents.

ycvJk6i.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited March 2022
    @Admiral8Q Thank you for checking!!! ...but hmm...makes me wonder if it's a mod I have that causes the trouble then. I was checking the offspring's in different families and I noticed that the dads are listed as such in CAS mode.
    I don't have MCCC installed.

Thanks again for taking the time to check! I'm off to checking my mods and hope I will get all my dads back. :)

Edited:
    I realize I had a duh moment, when I checked the families I was checking the mom's trees, not the kids so everything is okay. Yay! :DB)
    Post edited by mannanna on
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited March 2022
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @mannanna I have tested it. Sim's simology still works. For un-married parents.
    Keep in mind that clicking on one parent will only show that Sim's offspring.
    Clicking on an offspring, will show both birth parents.

ycvJk6i.png

It's like that even after a sim's parents pass away. Only shows one parent unless you select the offspring or later generation.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything