Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I save a world for future games?

I feel that I'm finally done with a good setup for Willow Creek, Windenburg, as well as for some more worlds and want to save them for use in new games so that I don't have to manually download all the houses and families again, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Is there anyone who can help me with a good guide on how to? And maybe share your own versions of worlds?
Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    As far as I'm aware, the only way to save the worlds is to save the game. It saves the worlds, their lots, and all sims in the game in the state they are in at that moment that you save the game.

To keep from overwriting it, use "Save As" to create a new copy that you use for actually playing.

Here's a link to a bunch of save files where people have made their versions of the worlds available for download: https://musthavemods.com/best-sims-4-save-files/
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited March 2022
    for just builds the best is if you have separate blank save
    and put all the lots you've made in that and then keep that save separately from everyrhing else

if you have save you want to keep at its current then just use save as to create separate new save from that one and store the one you used before save as separately
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    Thank you for your answers and help!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    You could put a in a new tray folder and download the lots in there. Then you can quickly place them in any save that you would like to use them in.

I have a separate tray folder for each world. I have a lot of builds saved and I needed a way to organize them.

I built a save earlier with specific lots placed with the intention of using that save as a starting point for future stories. Then that save got corrupted and I was irritated over the time I spent setting it up. That is when I decided to go modular instead. Each time I start the game I decide on which world I would like to modify that time and put in that tray folder. After using this system for years I have different styles for different saves, plenty of community lots that suits the world. Any work I put into a tray can be accessed by all my different saves.

Also, I like this kind of stuff. Organizing things with a cup of tea is a way for my mind to relax, otherwise I would probably not have chosen this setup.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    Thank you so much for that tip @SilentKitty. I think that was more what I was looking for! My question now is how to know which items to put in a tray folder? To me my tray folder is just numbers and letters and mean nothing - how do I know what goes with what?
  • Options
    JAL wrote: »
    Thank you so much for that tip @SilentKitty. I think that was more what I was looking for! My question now is how to know which items to put in a tray folder? To me my tray folder is just numbers and letters and mean nothing - how do I know what goes with what?

I can post pictures later today to show more clearly.

The Tray folder is in your Sims 4 folder. Everything you currently have in your own library in the way of lots, rooms or sims is in that folder.

What I do is having a specific Tray folder for a specific type of lots. I store all my Tray folders and put the one I wish to use that day in my Sims 4 folder.

Easier with pictures so if you would like me to I can add them later today. Right now it’s lunch, laundry and swimming lesssons.

Cheers :smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    JAL wrote: »

880b9915a2e80915aa0725db0255350ece060f04.png

Here is an older pic from how I have organized my Tray folders. Now I have Batuu, Tartosa and some other themes added. In each folder there is a Tray folder stored. Since all the folders that are used to store your items are named the same thing, Tray, I needed to separate them and I chose this way. I also have a category for households. All in all there is 1, 7 GB in there but I have been working on this since march 2018.

Do you play Sims 4 on a pc? If you do here is a good site that explains where you can find your Tray folder.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

Edit: added a pic of my old Tray library.
    Post edited by SilentKitty on