June 24th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

1235...Next

Comments

• Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    As great as the open world concept is in Sims 3, my number one complaint about that series is that the packs did not integrate well with each other. For example, dive lots and house boats were pretty much in one world only and you either play that world or not. You basically could not play one household with access to travel to all the worlds. In Sims 4, I don't mind having features limited to certain worlds, like having a pet dominated world, a farming community, and a city world with apartments, because I can access them all with my one household. I also don't mind not having cars, because that realism killed the store worlds like Lunar Lakes and the world that came with dragons (forgive my forgetfulness). There are so many beautiful worlds in Sims 3 that I owned but never really explored, because I couldn't visit them in depth with the few households that I play. So, for my playstyle, Sims 4 suits me better, because I want the megahood and to be able to use all the worlds together in some way. I want the series to continue with new content, especially as Sims 5 is not ready at all to be released. I don't even know if I will even buy Sims 5. But so far, Sims 4 is satisfying me with how the expansion and dlc is better integrated with the worlds. Can you even imagine not having new content for two years while we wait for Sims 5? Is that what people really want?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,008 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    It feels like the heart is gone on their end. Lots of PR & schmaltz, but no heart.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 26,982 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I get up every day looking forward to loading my game and playing with my virtual family. 💚
    Don't forget to smile today. 🌞
    She/Her
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 334 Member
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    I get up every day looking forward to loading my game and playing with my virtual family. 💚

I feel this way but towards Sims 1-3. Since these are past games, the future concerns me and so I answered differently in the poll.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,629 Member
    edited May 23
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    I still love playing Sims 4 (and modded Sims 3), but I’m still waiting for more occults and to see what the future holds for Sims series. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,712 Member
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    I'm in the "meh" category for now. I really wish there weren't so many bugs when playing this game. Doesn't matter if it was PC, PS4 or PS5. There are times when it was literally unplayable. I haven't played the game in months, and right now there really isn't a compelling reason for me to fire it up on my PS5.

You know things are bad when I'd prefer to play GTA Online in Invite Only mode instead.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 326 Member
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    With the bugs and all that and now the freezing issue for 10-15 seconds at random intervals....I'm dissatisfied.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 334 Member
    With the bugs and all that and now the freezing issue for 10-15 seconds at random intervals....I'm dissatisfied.

Is this from the pronoun update? I heard there are some major issues with that. Hopefully, it gets resolved. I think the Sims team is aware of it
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,741 Member
    I enjoy the Sims 4 sometimes, absolutely adored The Sims 2 and 3 but the more of TS4 I play the more I feel the games worst enemy is its lag problem, even with the mods to curb it. I like it deep down but there's a lot of issues.

I'm on a high end PC and simulation lag is making me feel like I'm back to playing the Sims 3 on my 1gb Ram laptop from 13 years ago, it's fun until it happens then it becomes a nightmare that I find out hasn't been fixed for many years. I doubt it will at this point, and it'll just most likely escalate as we get more expansions

But then the other half of me feels like EAs turning the Sims more and more into a fantasy game and less of the life simulators I grew up playing, the little we're getting in the way of actual new gameplay are either brokenly buggy or include silly elements like dust bunnies that turn something otherwise perfectly realistic into a cartoon caricature. Literal dust bunnies. What a way to ruin what could've been a realistic daily chore for my life simulation experiences to have happen.

I'm fearful for Sims' future. Look at how the Sims Online turned out back then, or how EA's other franchises have gone, Heat stopped getting support after 6 months, Battlefront 2 had the whole lootbox thing, The Sims 4 has over £800 of paid DLC! Imagine how much worse it will get with the Sims 5. We're going to pay for Seasons the 4th game in the row, and we're going to pay to have washing machines for the 3rd time.
    0hQzWTL.png
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve

Lucky you! I get up every week day not looking forward to going to work. Weekends the Sims need to wait their turn, which may - or may not - come.

Is this from the pronoun update? I heard there are some major issues with that. Hopefully, it gets resolved. I think the Sims team is aware of it

You mean they can't even update pronouns without breaking the game? [looks for shovel to dig the hole deeper]