Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sewing, pottery or glassblowing?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member

Sewing, pottery or glassblowing? 88 votes

Sewing
28%
EvvieSimmerMsMaySnuffyBucketmaggiemae8135MagdaleenafriendlysimmersPinkSugar81lisasc360ClassicalSimannaliese39MasonGamerMsDSweetsSimzilla_7SheriSim57comicsforlifeLady_BalloraSeashoreLiviasomewhsomeDaWaterRattelemwill 25 votes
Pottery
47%
crocobauraMistletoe143Isb917CynnaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010SuceressKironideKhrisstynebixtersviola-illyriaAstrosof2106FreezerBunnyCowplantnessatay1920happyopiChicklet453681kaiwrysimsOceancatSERVERFRA 42 votes
Glassblowing
23%
SikoahGracesimongmueller_liteashcrash19BabykittyjadejazzunicornsDoloresGrey83bienchenEnkiSchmidtSilentKittySimskristalogionGlacierSnowAngeliqueAdelaideKimmerHamilaPlayzMCEternalSunshineMak27TuskorHahcbeachwaves 21 votes

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Pottery
    Glassblowing would be a great hobby too, so it was hard to pick. I would love to make some decorate pottery objects though. Sewing would be fun too, I really like the knitting and crocheting in the game.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Pottery
    I voted pottery because I loved the potter's wheel in Sims 2. As we have knitting and cross stitch I don't feel sewing is as needed as I once did. I'm kind of on the fence about glassblowing. It's a cool process though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Pottery
    I voted for pottery as I would like more decorative vases and plates, plant pots, and tea sets. Sewing and glass blowing would be nice too.
  • DollhouseCompanyDollhouseCompany Posts: 35 Member
    Sewing
    Sewing because I like new clothing items.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Sewing
    I voted for sewing because it is so homey and fits well with my gameplay. I would like pottery almost as much though.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited March 2022
    Pottery
    Very conflicted between pottery and sewing

sewing would be so cool like yeah id do the heck out of that

but we did recently get cross-stitch and knitting that sort of go in same overall category

glass idk just never really my thing
    maybe cause my mom is obsessed with random glass thingies and I've seen the clutter it creates :sweat_smile:

i would really loooove having pottery though so my sims would have hobby suited for selvadorada so they'd have other things to do if they're not much of jungle explorers

and i think it would be nice craft option maybe we could even make urns or fermenting jars or something hmm... (okay that sounded weird connected like that but u get where i was going right)

what i would find cool now though:

sculpting. from reference. Imagine if we could make busts or full body sculptures of our sims

imagine if we could trap sims souls in them

imagine if u could have gardens full of lovely sculptures that may or may not be sims that disappeared under mysterious circumstances

imagine if we could make gravestones and gargoyles

okay anyway time to stop being possessed by olive specter yes any craft is good craft
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Pottery
    I picked pottery but I WANT all three.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Pottery
    I wish the Pottery Wheel from Sims 3 was in Sims 4.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Sewing
    I'd love any of them, but if I have to pick just one, it will be Sewing - provided it comes with some sort of customization option for the projects, because that's what makes sewing worth while at this point. Making things in the colors and styles you like.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Sewing
    swing because if i remember corrctly it was a feature introduce in the sims2 freetime
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Glassblowing
    To be honest, I want all three, and I would be excited about any of them. I voted for glass blowing because it had the least votes.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Glassblowing
    Depending on the items you could make I could have fun with all these hobbies. Glassblowing would be fun to see in the game and it inspire some fun builds.

After that pottery would be my first choice since we have both knitting and cross-stitch in the game. My sims can already work with fibers so it would be fun to try something new.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Sewing
    I picked sewing because in rl I love to sew! Would enjoy having my sim sew gifts for the family. But I would really love to have all 3!
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Pottery
    I want a crafting GP with all three and competitions, like pottery the most
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2022
    Glassblowing
    All of it! That was such a hard choice, but I went with glassblowing. Once I was at a festival of old-arts and we saw glassblowing and it was also blowing my mind! :D It was very satisfying to watch.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited March 2022
    Sewing
    I would like to see them all, but mostly sewing with patterns and a color wheel!. I ‘d love to see a sewing machine with patterns for babies up…. Such a good place to add a color wheel….

Second, I would also like to see pottery

Third, glassblowing
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2022
    Sewing
    I would love to had sewing (or sewing machine) because I want to be able to create your own different style of clothes (along with the CC clothes) as an new customization features for clothes by using the “Paint Mode” (like in “Cats & Dogs” in the ep) with “Stamp Tool”, “Brush Tool”, “Add Layers of Patterns”, new “Pattern Tool”, & maybe somehow if possible be able to use color wheel or color sliders to change colors of the clothes. Also, maybe be able to create your own stuff toys like the teddy bears in “the sims 2: Freetime”.
  • HamilaPlayzMCHamilaPlayzMC Posts: 2 New Member
    Glassblowing
    Glassblowing because of how pretty I think it is and the effort required.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    Sewing

I picked sewing even though I would like to see all of them in the game.
    But for the time being, I've been using the functional pottery wheel from MTS by MiraiMayonaka
    https://modthesims.info/d/656816/functional-pottery-wheel.html
  • literalhorsesliteralhorses Posts: 3 New Member
    Pottery
    Pottery would be great. You could create custom planters for your garden, custom pet bowls, maybe even a small fountain. I think it would be a lot of fun. Could incorporate 'painting' by allowing sims to add different glazes to their pottery, with more glazes unlocked as painting or pottery skill increases. The glazes are pretty doable (as someone who makes CC) because all you have to do is create different textures for the objects, don't need to remesh or anything.
  • TuskorTuskor Posts: 13 New Member
    Glassblowing
    Glassblowing and pottery both look great to add to the game
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    All three
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Pottery
    Mak27 wrote: »

Voted for pottery; it'd be cool to have something like this in game. Although in saying that it'd be nice to have something a little different like glassblowing in game too as this has never been done before.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Pottery
    Could be cool things to do with kits - one for each hobby.