Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please add middle adulthood!

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited March 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Along with pre-teens and real babies, mid adults can be a good choice as new life stage between adults and elder.

IRL, mid adult will be a life stage between the 45 to 65 years, while adults will be between 30 to 45 and elder from 65 and beyond.

In contrast with the normal adult stage, mid adults can have for example:
  • Mid life crisis
  • White hair growing periodically
  • Hair loss
  • Easy overweight gain
  • Back pain and other aging pains
  • Special celebrations like work retirement
  • Some skills will be easy to level up
  • Special interactions while dating after a break up or divorce
  • New crafting unlock, like car restoration (but unlocking a classic car model)
  • Second honey moon
  • Reunion with BFFs that will add some activities depending which pack is installed like Bowling Night or Movie Hangout
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    New life stages like pre-teens and mid-adults with a mid life crisis would be fun. I love family gameplay. I would really like the Elders to have the option to be more active and fit and have a walk style where they stand up straight.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes! The change from Adult to Elder is too drastic unless I style them to look middle-aged (which I do now). I also allow them to drink the potion of youth once at the end of the Adult life stage, when I give them their makeover, otherwise they don’t live long enough to care for their kids (unless they got started immediately as a YA). So, to me it makes sense to add this stage of life.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love for a Middle-Ager lifestate. Also, I would love for a Senior lifestate before the Elder. My Mom is a Senior & she don't chew on her gums & give herself wipe lash when she has a sore back.
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    Depending on how I style them, I've always seen it like this...

Babies: are babies
    Toddlers:1-3 years old
    Children: 8-13 years old
    (There is a younger teen gap for me between 13-16.)
    Teen: 16-19 (or older teens because I can't see them as being younger than 16)
    Young adults: 20-26 (actual young adult age)
    (Another age missing for me with the YA to adult stage between 26-35.)
    Adults: 35-55 years old
    Elders: Over 60
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2022
    Yea, we need a pre school/early years(3-6) age before children (7-11) and a pre teen(12-15) before full on teen(16-19). Then I reckon young adult(20-29), adult(30-49) senior(50-64)then elder(65+).
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm worried that TS4 hasn't invested in the animation department enough to support the three life stages that already exist. I can only imagine the shortcuts that will occur if there are more life stages.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    No thanks, it's bad enough having to live middle age, I don't want to play it in the Sims, too. :D

(But on a more serious note... I can understand the point about the transition from adult to elder being too abrupt. I tend to play a stage where I manually apply cosmetic edits to my adult sims... crows feet, a receding hairline for some of the male sims, adding glasses to some, changes in clothes and hairstyle, etc.)
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    I think middle adult (senior, quinquagenary) is 50-60 yrs, adult (middle aged) is 36-49

I wonder what lifestage is 18-19 in TS4 and 3. It's theoretically both teen and YA, but if according to the degree of socialization, in the 21st century this age group is still in high school or/and college in most of areas. Before hundreds of years ago, even younger than this could get married (it's possibly the reason why The Sims Medieval doesn't have teens, if I remember correctly)
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns