Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extra To The Max Kit

13...Next

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I'm thinking purely things in the Decoration category such as sculptures, rugs, artwork etc?

Maybe a fireplace, curtains, mirrors too?

Please may it be so. I want packs of just clutter so much. I mean, we need bathroom clutter more than living/bedroom/office space clutter, but I'll take it.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    TS FreePlay players received BB Maximalist Safari Update long time ego. I thing that we can expect something similar to that:

u77-blog-thumbnail.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.575p.jpg

pZS9PKn.png
    Unironically into it...
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    It could be a tattoos, piercings and accessoires kit.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    A maximalist style build kit could be nice. Bring on the bold patterns on wallpapers and carpets and the colorful furniture!
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't know why but when I hear "Extra to the Max" I think of cars. But it's probably the safari thing.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    It's probably maximalist style decor
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    A maximalist style build kit could be nice. Bring on the bold patterns on wallpapers and carpets and the colorful furniture!

Yes more carpet and wallpaper choices! 🎉😁☀️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Extra to the max seems more 90’s then 80’s in my view
  • J_Doe_77J_Doe_77 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Gordy said:
    > Hideous and tacky. I'm kind of feeling it. And it's not oversized knitwear for once.

Yes, I belive this would make sense. Something for build.mode, flashy and tacky, for the poser-sims out ther who love to show off their interior, even with questionable tastes.😋 I mean, the name "Extra to the Max" may seem like a cipher for now, but it still needs to relate to its content in a way that lets that association pops up in your head every time you see it. They did it with every other release so far, I'm certain this one won't be any different.
    The 80's content isn't too far-fetched either, even if one has to wonder why they didn't go with a pun about the New Wave instead. But maybe I'll get it when we have pictures. After all, that title has an egotistic ring to it, and the 80's are still the "me generation", right?
    And finally, yes, it could also relate to cars. It would be odd, though, to see a family-friendly game add cars with a name that could be seen as an endorsement for overspeeding and reckless driving... but it could be that too.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    TS FreePlay players received BB Maximalist Safari Update long time ego. I thing that we can expect something similar to that:

u77-blog-thumbnail.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.575p.jpg

I think you are right.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    Extra to the max seems more 90’s then 80’s in my view

The phrase originated in the 80's, but was used into the 90's in Media (because Media is always a bit behind actual trends in slang)

So unless it's being used as "lots of clutter/decor items" I'm expecting lots of Neon or Day-Glow colors. And animal print textiles. Even though most houses in the 80's were wood paneling and Faux leather oversized furniture.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2022
    moved
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    So pretty. ;)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    I don't know why but when I hear "Extra to the Max" I think of cars. But it's probably the safari thing.

I think of our Lotto here. 649 & Lotto Max. Which I never win of course.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2022
    I will be so, so gutted if the only way to get a colored ceiling is by buying this kit. Hopefully, the ceiling will be in a separate update!

Ah, but never mind. That picture is from Freeplay. It's a wonder that the mobile game has non-white ceilings, though.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited March 2022
    These days one "statement" wall in one of these horrors is enough. Otherwise a whole room could send you stark raving mad. I should know. I once wallpapered my smallish bedroom in yellow and orange flowers and very proud of myself. I ended up very depressed! :#;)<3
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    My dad would say something was “grody to the max!” if it was disgusting. So that’s what my mind changes this phrasing to. lol
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Upon seeing pictures, I am "It looks nice, but nothing we don't really have.

So I won't get it unless I know exactly what's in it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,311 EA Community Manager
    Sul sul!

Since this kit is now announced and to prevent 2 conversations taking place on the same topic please use the thread here going forward.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top