Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extra To The Max Kit

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    An 80s kit would make a LOT of sense with a title of "extra to the max." I could also see something with goth/punk/scene stuff. But yeah, a CAS kit is very likely.

We were told another kit would be coming on the last roadmap (I believe), so it's not that sudden. But I agree with @83bienchen that it may have been announced earlier than expected/planned because of the MWS situation. Although maybe not.

I don't believe it's going to be Ukraine-related whatsoever. Even kits have to be planned/made much more in advance (as far as I understand).
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited March 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    Okay guys, hear me out on this
    Stardust Dragon
    StardustDragon-DG-EN-VG-NC.png

Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon
    Odd-Eyes_Raging_Dragon_render.png

Supreme King Z-ARC
    Supreme_King_Dragon_Zarc_136.png

What do these cards have in common, and what do they share with countless other dragons in Yugioh? They all reside in a player's Extra Deck. So Extra to the Max is a Yugioh collab. "Extra" refers to the Extra Deck, while Max refers to another dragon, Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon.

Blue-Eyes_Chaos_MAX_Dragon.png

Note that MAX Dragon is found in the Main Deck. So "Extra to the Max" is them saying "From the Extra Deck, to the Main Deck." They're including dragons from both decks.

In other words, dragons confirmed.

sorry to anyone who passed my house in the night only to hear me cackle like evil witch at this
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    At first I thought it would be maximalist style bb items but if it's gonna be a CAS kit then it does sound like an 80s theme to me. If so I'm hoping for like a soul train vibe. I'm fairly young so I didn't grow up in the 80s but I did remember seeing it on TV as a kid. Actually it might be more 70s than 80s idk lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    No one thinks it's maximalist interior design?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I guess I just know too many people with kids I have to buy barbie dolls for, because it just reminds me of Barbie. She is sometimes so Extra with Lots of Attitude when she's Dressed to the Max. I think it's just a pack of high fashion clothes, maybe accessories. Who wants to bet Batuu credits with me that we are getting something like this:
    But if it's like Alpha CC with stiletto heels and shiny jewelry I'm buying it :tongue: We shall see.

Half of the townies already dress like that in my game :D:D
    @bixters
    Mine too! They just spawn already dressed To the Max. Could be an eyeball necklace coming in the kit to match the ring.

Why stop at an eyeball necklace? Maybe the Kit is just eyeball themed clothes, accessories and furniture. It would feel very surreal :D

@bixters It would be extremely hilarious if they made a whole kit inspired by the infamous ring. :joy: Although I hope it's @Gordy dragons instead or an 80's theme kit.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Why not combine all three? A kit inspired by the 80's band, Glass Eye, but all the members are replaced with dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Why not combine all three? A kit inspired by the 80's band, Glass Eye, but all the members are replaced with dragons.

@Gordy That works! :joy: I just pictured Canadian 80's rock band Glass Tiger in dragon form and dressed To The Max with leather clothes and eyeball jewelry.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I still think this is related to year of the tiger cause a tiger was shown on the roadmap picture.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Could extra to the max be a sports CAS kit? Maybe, but I far prefer dragons.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

This thread is fine so far but please keep in mind the Forum Guideline on political posts when discussing the current situation in Ukraine.

Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    DollhouseCompanyDollhouseCompany Posts: 35 Member
    I really think the extra to the max thing is referring to the carnaval pack thats already just been released. I could be wrong. I really am looking forward to the next Expansion pack . Or game pack. Yes, fix the bugs quickly and first, but bring on the new content. I always could use more.
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    edited March 2022
    I really think the extra to the max thing is referring to the carnaval pack thats already just been released. I could be wrong. I really am looking forward to the next Expansion pack . Or game pack. Yes, fix the bugs quickly and first, but bring on the new content. I always could use more.

If you look onto TS4 website you can see that Extra To The Max is a missing kit because it has "?" on it.
    So it will be released soon.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think it's either going to be 'Year of the Tiger' related (Chinese culture)

OR

It's going to be lots of wild animal prints (tigers and giraffes and zebras, oh my) mixed with bold colour combinations (African culture perhaps?)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I guess I just know too many people with kids I have to buy barbie dolls for, because it just reminds me of Barbie. She is sometimes so Extra with Lots of Attitude when she's Dressed to the Max. I think it's just a pack of high fashion clothes, maybe accessories. Who wants to bet Batuu credits with me that we are getting something like this:
    But if it's like Alpha CC with stiletto heels and shiny jewelry I'm buying it :tongue: We shall see.

Half of the townies already dress like that in my game :D:D

I even have Vampire Clowns dressed like Pimps and Mafia Hitmen, It was dark day for the Clown Sim population when the Mimes moved into town and took all their jobs.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Honestly the first thing that popped in my head was that it was 90s themed but 80s works just as well.
  • Options
    CamarieSimsCamarieSims Posts: 30 Member
    I'm really hoping that this new Extra to the Max Kit isn't CAS one or themed to 80s clothing...because honestly? I grew up in the 80s and I really don't want to have to see my Townies running around in spandex with super teased hair. Plus they kind of did hit the 80s fashion with the Throwback Fit Kit...late 80s/early 90s had a thing for neon. :D

I do hope that it's a Build & Buy Kit with the focus on Clutter items - just imagine...little statues and doodads that your Sims can display in the house, everywhere.

As for it being a Gameplay Kit, I can't think of anything that the term could apply to that would be central to gameplay. Though it has been some time since they released a gameplay-centric one...so one might be coming soon.
    FYI, now known as insomniacsims on Simblr and Origin; profile picture is an old makeover of Zoe Patel
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm really hoping that this new Extra to the Max Kit isn't CAS one or themed to 80s clothing...because honestly? I grew up in the 80s and I really don't want to have to see my Townies running around in spandex with super teased hair. Plus they kind of did hit the 80s fashion with the Throwback Fit Kit...late 80s/early 90s had a thing for neon. :D

I do hope that it's a Build & Buy Kit with the focus on Clutter items - just imagine...little statues and doodads that your Sims can display in the house, everywhere.

As for it being a Gameplay Kit, I can't think of anything that the term could apply to that would be central to gameplay. Though it has been some time since they released a gameplay-centric one...so one might be coming soon.

I'm not fond of clutter, but I agree that we don't need more 80s memories in the game.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm expecting nasty looking 80s clothes. 😖
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    TS FreePlay players received BB Maximalist Safari Update long time ego. I thing that we can expect something similar to that:

u77-blog-thumbnail.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.575p.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Hideous and tacky. I'm kind of feeling it. And it's not oversized knitwear for once.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Hideous and tacky. I'm kind of feeling it. And it's not oversized knitwear for once.
    @Gordy
    I'm kind of feeling the oversized knitwear kit. :joy: As long as it's not tacky holiday sweaters, maybe some nice long, knee and ankle length oversized sweater pullovers and oversized hats that cover the ears with some scarf accessories..

I'm so curious to see what the kit actually is and if anyone guessed right. I think we have 10 predictions so far. I kind of want to take a forum poll :lol:
    • Ukrainian clothing & charity drive
    • BuildBuy items, ie. maximalist interior design
    • Teen house party gameplay kit with police arrests
    • Glamorous or party CAS clothing kit
    • Fitness / sports theme with maybe a new exorcise bike
    • Eyeball themed clothes, accessories and furniture
    • 80's theme clothes
    • Dragons
    • Goth / Punk clothes
    • Year of the Tiger theme or other animal safari
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    @Gordy
    I'm kind of feeling the oversized knitwear kit. :joy: As long as it's not tacky holiday sweaters, maybe some nice long, knee and ankle length oversized sweater pullovers and oversized hats that cover the ears with some scarf accessories..

I'm so curious to see what the kit actually is and if anyone guessed right. I think we have 10 predictions so far. I kind of want to take a forum poll :lol:
    • Ukrainian clothing & charity drive
    • BuildBuy items, ie. maximalist interior design
    • Teen house party gameplay kit with police arrests
    • Glamorous or party CAS clothing kit
    • Fitness / sports theme with maybe a new exorcise bike
    • Eyeball themed clothes, accessories and furniture
    • 80's theme clothes
    • Dragons
    • Goth / Punk clothes
    • Year of the Tiger theme or other animal safari
    What 👏 about 👏 an 👏 R 👏 & 👏 B 👏 music?
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    https://simscommunity.info/2022/03/12/leak-the-sims-4-decor-to-the-max-is-the-next-kit/

Next Kit seems to be called “Decor to the Max.” Whatever that means
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,383 Member
    https://simscommunity.info/2022/03/12/leak-the-sims-4-decor-to-the-max-is-the-next-kit/

Next Kit seems to be called “Decor to the Max.” Whatever that means

Can't wait to see what it is. Going by the title I suppose it's going to be B&B kit.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I'm thinking purely things in the Decoration category such as sculptures, rugs, artwork etc?

Maybe a fireplace, curtains, mirrors too?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top