Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2022 (Patch 2 Out Now)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    TheSims may be having a Livestream Tomorow. They didn't specify they was having a Maxis Livestream but new info on the headphones is coming Tomorrow.

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    TheSims may be having a Livestream Tomorow. They didn't specify they was having a Maxis Livestream but new info on the headphones is coming Tomorrow.

I was expecting them to announce a livestream today but I don't think they usually just have a livestream without announcing it the day before. If there is a livestream it would make sense since I think there will be an update next week. Because there is supposed to be two this month.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    Sadly there was no Livestream Today but maybe Next Week probably Friday we could get one.
    I know they said later this month for the tattoos SDX but I'm hoping they ll drop it this week.
    With the Kit coming Monday we could get Patch 1 Thursday this week. I'm betting this will be a very small patch with only 2 bug fixes.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Sadly the bug fixes are deeply disappointing again. Rockets? Chefs? Decorator and paranormal careers? Herbalism? GTW career animations?
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

This looks very fiddly. I’ve got 80 Sim limit spread across 11 households in My Households.

Looks like I have to select the options for each one if I enable Neighbourhood Stories. I want Billy and Sally to have kids but not move out. The Pancakes can have people move in but not out etc. I don’t know if I want to actually go through every house.

The Unplayed Households is worse, they grow every play. More Sims get generated and I’m constantly having to go through the list to manage them. The micro management for setting each criteria in these neighbourhood stories feels exhausting! 😴.
    I like the concept but I’m definitely disabling this for Unplayed Households.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Its cool, this new stuff and all, but what if they'd fix actual major bugs? I don't mind waiting a little longer and then getting it fixed. For example, clipping issues, teleporting Sims, fps drops randomly (even on high end systems), T posing Doctors.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited March 2022

This looks very fiddly. I’ve got 80 Sim limit spread across 11 households in My Households.

Looks like I have to select the options for each one if I enable Neighbourhood Stories. I want Billy and Sally to have kids but not move out. The Pancakes can have people move in but not out etc. I don’t know if I want to actually go through every house.

The Unplayed Households is worse, they grow every play. More Sims get generated and I’m constantly having to go through the list to manage them. The micro management for setting each criteria in these neighbourhood stories feels exhausting! 😴.

Admittedly, I just started a new save so the list wasn't huge, but it didn't take that long to hop into Unplayed households and just tweak the ones I didn't want to move out/change jobs. Hit the Stories management button, click options on or off, save and move on to the next one. I only changed the general conditions for the households where I cared what happened, so the Goths, the Laandgrabs, the Pancakes, the Callientes, the Charms, the Vampires and the Magic sages. Everyone else I left to the whims of the computer. It was kinda fun to see Geeta Rasoya finally get her Grandbaby via Raj adopting a toddler, or Bella and Mortimer having kid #3. And lots of houses have new pets too.

But then, I like that sort of randomness in the unplayed households, because I don't want to micromanage them.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

If you set it globally for all households in the category then you only need to 'fiddle' with those households where you want them to be different than what you set as global options.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    The next patch this month will probably only have fixes for mws and maybe some other bug fixes thrown in there.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Admittedly, I just started a new save so the list wasn't huge, but it didn't take that long to hop into Unplayed households and just tweak the ones I didn't want to move out/change jobs. Hit the Stories management button, click options on or off, save and move on to the next one. I only changed the general conditions for the households where I cared what happened, so the Goths, the Laandgrabs, the Pancakes, the Callientes, the Charms, the Vampires and the Magic sages. Everyone else I left to the whims of the computer. It was kinda fun to see Geeta Rasoya finally get her Grandbaby via Raj adopting a toddler, or Bella and Mortimer having kid #3. And lots of houses have new pets too.

But then, I like that sort of randomness in the unplayed households, because I don't want to micromanage them.

That’s my problem, I don’t like leaving things to my Sims. Any of them. I want to decide 😂.

Thanks for replying how easy you found it. Makes me feel more calm about it. 😊

Stormkeep wrote: »

If you set it globally for all households in the category then you only need to 'fiddle' with those households where you want them to be different than what you set as global options.

I will just have to try and not want to manage every household individually! I can see that will be hard. I will set global options. Thanks! 😊

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    @ncisGibbs02, what I've done is use a combination of both. First I set it globally for each of the two categories, with the settings I want for "most" of those households. And then I went in and individually adjusted just a couple of households were I wanted it different. ... Like turning it off completely for all of my "played' households.

It took me all of like.. 4 minutes...to set it up for all of the households in my game. And I have a lot of households, every single house (and apartment) in every world is occupied.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2022
    Just remember to check Household Manager every so often (maybe when starting your gameplay session) and adjust settings for any new households that have been generated.
    The Patch came withh a fix for the Wedding Venues in the base game not working. No one has commented on if it actually fixed it. It was in the patch notes. I asked on Twitter and no one answered. Twitter isn't a good place to ask questions about TS4. We also got 3 other fixes for MWS.
    @catloverplayer Unless they made the fix by doing something other than just adding it to the wedding event tuning file, then no it is not fixed. I haven't tested it in my game, but I did update my personal tuning mod which I had made to add it and their tuning file was still missing the wedding venue for BG weddings.
    edited March 2022
    I think Next Week the Tattoos SDX will Drop and we'll get a Maxis Livestream Announcement. The Maxis Monthly LS could drop Friday. The following week we'll probably get the 2nd Patch aka The My Wedding Stories Patch. Also Next Week The New Kit is dropping on Tuesday.
    I think Next Week the Tattoos SDX will Drop and we'll get a Maxis Livestream Announcement. The Maxis Monthly LS could drop Friday. The following week we'll probably get the 2nd Patch aka The My Wedding Stories Patch. Also Next Week The New Kit is dropping on Tuesday.

There might not be a livestream this month. Since we already got the update for neighborhood stories. Usually they would have had a livestream before the update.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member

do you know when exactly for the tattoos? Also the “my wedding patch” isn’t supossed to come the week of march 21?

do you know when exactly for the tattoos? Also the “my wedding patch” isn’t supossed to come the week of march 21?

No I don't know the official date for either but not this week but next week is the Last Week in March the patch will either come this week or next week same with the SDX.

It's not looking good for a maxis livestream this month but the reason being is were probably getting the Spring/Summer Roadmap in Early April. Perhaps this is why the gurus are teasing us about the Next Pack.
    edited March 2022
    Sadly the New Tattoos SDX Didn't Release Today or a Patch.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Sadly the New Tattoos SDX Didn't Release Today or a Patch.

Omg I forgot about the tattoos.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I think they are getting released on March 28th. I assumed the new tattoos would be release on March 21st but it was the Kit that day.