Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... have you bought My Buggy Weddings?

Comments

• muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    Too many bugs. I'm not interested. Won't be buying the pack as is. Tartosa looks good, so maybe grab the pack at a later time for the world when it goes on sale + bug fixes.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Yes, I bought it for something other than gameplay
    I don't do Weddings with my sims, but I am happy to have the new world and content. I love the beach and the nighttime ambiance.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I did buy it for Tartosa, I just really liked the world and saw my Sims living there. It’s the first world I’ve proiritised over gameplay. There’s good build stuff and the Sims are interesting. The stained glass windows are amazing. 😊☀️

I won’t do any weddings until the bugs are fixed.

The sims are never "interesting" in this iteration
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I knew about the bugs, they were obvious on the live stream, but then again I always have nice private formal elopes for my bride and grooms, so I just got the pack so I could have more dresses :D Below is two of my non buggy private weddings <3

Sunset wedding
    r3tKj3p.png

Beach wedding
    z0JHatE.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    No, I am not buying it until it is fixed by EA
    I haven’t checked on the updates, but I am going to wait until the weddings are fixed. (I wonder if regular weddings still work?)

I want the gameplay, and I dislike using mods, so I’ve decided to buy other games while waiting for the future fixes. Since the pushback of the release date, I have already spent my money on other games like Rune Factory 5, otome games, and some tabletop rpg books.

I’ll be sticking to Sims 3 (and maybe Sims 2) for my wedding gameplay while I wait.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    @mcrudd so, we can still use the wedding arches for a simple no-fuss wedding?

Well now that you mention it I have not tried and now I am nosy LOL. Loading my game to test this for you, should be easy with the fiancé options :D
    mcrudd wrote: »

Well now that you mention it I have not tried and now I am nosy LOL. Loading my game to test this for you, should be easy with the fiancé options :D
    Oh, sorry, lovely - I thought that's what you'd done in those screenshots. I didn't mean to make you have to go and test something.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,807 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

LOL! @LMLS2143 That right there, is the reason I won't let myself get CC or mods. I know I'd go crazy with them and it would get uuuugly.

After going through the mods and my storage folders, I'm thinking I should petition to change my user name to Simphora. Let's just say this, of the four cosmetics categories, blush is the one I have the least.....at 544. Lipstick and eyeshadow, we're wayyyyy past that. Dresses? The number is jaw-dropping.

Thank god I have more restraint than that here in the real world. I'd have to add an entire wing.
    edited February 2022

Oh, sorry, lovely - I thought that's what you'd done in those screenshots. I didn't mean to make you have to go and test something.

Aww no problemo <3 Tested and Yes it still works ;)

I have always changed them to formal before the time
    2yp3oe3.png

Sorry pics are dark, but its a cloudy day in game, I would usually wait for a nice sunny day LOL
    K7wiBGw.png
    xhlkKDT.png
    06bYX0U.png
    F8Ov826.png
    8KhKMEy.png
    @mcrudd well, at least that is something :D

Thanks for checking, hon xx
    @mcrudd well, at least that is something :D

Thanks for checking, hon xx

Always a pleasure <3
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I am undecided
    I am still undecided. If and when I do buy MWS, it will definitely be on sale. I have zero faith that EA will ever do anything to fix the problems with MWS, since Eco Living is still bugged after what, 2 years? I will never buy that pack, because I will not risk introducing those kinds of annoyances into my game, which now runs quite well except for some simulation lag.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Bought it game got laggy buggy as plum
    THIS. I am terrified of my game lagging. There have been too many reports from people complaining (rightly) about lag in their game since installing the pack and that is not worth it to me just for a beautiful world. I also deeply resent the fact that they removed the BG weddings with the pack. Those have always more or less worked for me, with some amusing chaos thrown in. I have lots of beautiful CC for weddings, and I'm happy with that for now.

I'm leaning more and more towards never, but we'll see. Maybe a miracle will happen.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Other
    Not going near it until it's put into a good place and even when it is in a good place i'm not gonna buy it until the discount hits.

i have other purposes than a wedding destination for this world as well. This world something based out of a country along the Mediterranean so i have some households that want to move out into that world for sure. It might be the only thing close enough to an Italian coastline or a Greek island this game might get.

San Myshuno already has a special lot, a park with a wedding arch, so if i want to do something official like, that's where i'll be conducting weddings. It would help if EA unlocked that special lot so it can be used for weddings. The type of things one can make, like a grand old church or something resembling a town hall or something of the like where marriages can be conducted. What a missed opportunity.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    For me to buy it it will have to be completely fixed and have 50% off.
    On sale because I'm only interested in the world and even if I really wanted wedding content, it doesn't have enough to justify the game pack price.
    Fully fixed because even though I'm uninterested in weddings, I feel consumers have a responsibility to hold companies responsible for the quality of their product. Buying it knowing it's still broken is a disservice to other players who are interested in the game play.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I won’t buy it until it is fixed.

Buying the pack knowing that it is broken does nothing but tell EA that it is okay to release content that doesn’t work and I personally don’t think that is a good thing for the game going forward.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I will get it, though I don't know if I will wait for a sale or get it sooner. The main reason to get it is the world and the tea set.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Omce I learned it was that broken I decided to wait until it's done beta testing to buy 🤨
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Other
    Other, I plan on buying it after we have had a couple of updates and major bugs fixed.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I will not pay full price for something that is broke and definitely not for a world or neighborhood, it appears to be a pack of bugs and fluff and it appears even with features Sims 4 cannot avoid what Sims 3 went though.

😁 bugs n fluff, the new Sims 4 breakfast cereal! It's crispy fried yet soggy, full of good weevil nutrients and the added insoluble carb crunch of the shiny chitin shells of beetles, but sweet with a layer of marshmallow fluff gathered from actual marshes and fluffed by actual chickens! Limited Time Only! /JK but loved the inspiring image of bugs-n-fluff 🥴
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2022
    I was so excited seeing the trailer, especially as I have always found coordinating a wedding in the Sims a little lacklustre. I am so disappointed with this launch, and I wish they had just delayed and fixed this pack. The world looked nice, the CAS looked nice, the build/buy looked nice, and remember when everyone got excited about the option to ask all guests to take their seats? Gutted.
    Post edited by dominoes007 on
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I got it for the slow dancing and clothing, the new town... I'll have to work around the wedding with all the bugs, I just hope EA will fix what is broken in this pack.
  • llejenallejena Posts: 10 New Member
    May be that i won't buy this buggy thing, ever. I've lost my fate for EA to ever fix this game.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I love just about everything going on with this pack and Im craving new content. However I am staying far far far away from this pack until this pack is reported to be playable. This is so shameful how just about every new pack we get nowadays is just a bug filled disaster. How is this okay?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2022
    I split my 1st wedding between 2 events, I had a separate wedding and reception this was helpful. I held the wedding at the premade venue in Tartosa I chose walk the aisle, exchange vows, spousal kiss, throw rice. I agree this venue is bugged, I don’t think it was play tested. I had nothing but trouble from start to finish and ultimately barely completed the wedding. Once they exchanged vows and kissed I ended it early. I had the same experience here others reported sims wouldn’t gather, or sit, or perform many of the activities. I will now try another wedding at a self made venue and likely bulldoze this one in every save.

The reception was held the following day at my sims’ home lot and that went much much better. I was able to fairly easily tick off the activities make toasts, cut cake, throw bouquet, celebration feast, first dance, and make speeches. The guests gathered when asked and participated when queued, as far as weddings go I would avoid the big pre-made venue in Tartosa for sure, and I hate saying that because it’s clear someone worked hard on it, or make it over a bit because one thing I did notice though, was once I removed one aisle and it’s accompanying set of chairs things did seem to work better but by then I was pretty frustrated. So you could try that. Strip down which ever ceremony space you’re not going to use to eliminate confusion for sims. Because the problem may be we queue take seats, but there’s 2 sets flanking 2 aisles and there’s no way to tell them which one to route to so they just don’t route.

I am going to continue to experiment and I won’t say there aren’t bugs, but I want to try a wedding in a venue I make and see how it goes. I will let you know.

I experimented this afternoon. I used my own venue, I turned autonomy off, *sigh* , I’m downloading Carl’s mod I used the testing cheats to fill the world’s needs and then disable need decay. I tried everything I could think of in a save completely devoid of cc and mods. No dice, some stuff works and other stuff doesn’t. The most broken is in my signature Please Take Your Seats nope nope, nope. I don’t know how many times I had to queue it in all of my attempts (4 weddings in total), it just didn’t work hardly at all. Click, wait, no. Reset sims, click, wait, no. Reset sims again, click, wait, no…oh wait 3 of 6 guests sat! Reset remaining guest click, wait, ugh 😩 now the others ones are getting up.

If you buy this, the world is beautiful, the choices of cakes, the bouquets, the CAS in my opinion is great, and so is the BB catalog, and you have to decide if that’s worth $20.00 USD, for me it was. But if it’s the gameplay you’re after, get Carl’s Mod if you’re on PC/Mac it’s on his Patreon but is free to everyone, if you’re on console I am really sorry. I was hoping to figure a way to make it work in a vanilla game, I failed today. I will try some more, but for now if you can’t mod and the other features don’t justify the price for you, skip it, or wait for the price to be heavily reduced.

Post edited by Pamtastic72 on