Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... have you bought My Buggy Weddings?

The title says it all lol.

So... have you bought My Buggy Weddings? 393 votes

Yes, I bought it for something other than gameplay
14%
honeypooh1267MichelleWErja888rudolphaCrazyMotherCoolmcruddncisGibbs02invisiblgirlfreindlylolalanmichael1PinkSugar81Daiyupajamajam07jazminesarahKatiardguezAleia1DragonAge_300905jcp011c2Cheekybitslemonella 56 votes
Yes, I bought it and am happy with it, bugs and all
3%
crocobauraBluegaylewindweaverTheSpotted_Ccchant86HeyYoDiscoNickcatloverplayerAeriexo11MVWdeZTSeptJanOctsnoepjes1210GamingTweetyBellesim67simpureheart 14 votes
Yes I bought it and it works nicely in my game
2%
bshag4lvStormkeepBoergeAarg61Aeroprincess87WinterKhirinBabykittyjadeQuaayCalico45Nate_Whiplash1ThatFlutterGuy 10 votes
Yes, I bought it but wished I hadn't
4%
julienrob2004ihavesorelegsnowjenpow01overonSusanaLeotedgd12790PeachesnDucksSchantalSxcDannii202mysticdiva2Jonathan777Lustianiciakiwi84twinklestick HolidaydarkchadmeisterElliandretutifruity6644wahini2024 19 votes
I bought it and will use mods to fix it
5%
auroraael14gabbyjalan650111aelias24JueJuedanacnbrettSimpatsyannKoveeirishdragon7Keyona121PJerrellopearlbhMissimay94ExxCeeShira3000FurAndYarnLehmanLegacyfiggyPhilSimswildleafbat 20 votes
I am waiting for a sale
11%
Goldmoldarlove7680WrenrylisamwittGoodywoodimhappyghiliexoJessiIsb917FigwitSnuffyBucketMoon_WillowmjalletSimplyJenThelessytaydevsparkietothemaxClassicalSimGracieO312akashathekitty 45 votes
I am undecided
8%
Akl500Pcatmom1987Kita5399NighteyesMelisendreAlainar415babajaynekokoro80MysanWyrrenapregeantOnverserKathykinsBhawkins0402sinnyonceGeckogamesfilipomeljoRN1414MirkaKaroliinamrs_starkey 35 votes
No, I am not buying it until it is fixed by EA
33%
CK213Nh6650GRIMMYMstybl95Icewolfjeepjeepcatalexspoom13Cabelle1863Omri147CamkatKelleygirlMontrase102BloosmooelemmeleelanorbretonDijktafoneCynnaCharell88Cherryrose_xxdawnx 131 votes
No, I am never buying this rubbish!
6%
icmnfrshColorist40AllearsZhakiraPheiblumeBeardedgeekMilutinMujovicKhrisstynebixtersLoriTSpcatitude5Sanriel85EdieApplebyAstrodirty_milosStrawberryYogurtThriorAugustoJordan061102SeashoreLivia 27 votes
Other
9%
GalacticGalIceyJsimongAnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010JestTruCinebarmitchiebanjoashcrash19RamblineRoseFelicityemereEmmaVaneSweetieWright_84CAPTAIN_NXR7texxx78Karababy5283bienchenAquaGamer1212 36 votes

Comments

• PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    edited February 2022
    I decided to try it out, but I'd take a drink each time there was a glitch...well, I can't say I didn't have fun with it at least :D But I did notice that aspects of the base game are now glitchy, not just the pack :'( My advice to everyone is to not buy it until everything can be fixed...and even then, I'm not sure it's worth it
    https://youtu.be/PLDK6U09iwE
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Not too fussed about buying it yet. Granted, I mostly create Sims in Sims 4 (and when I want to actually PLAY I just play Sims 2) so I could just get it for the CAS items, but it can wait until the pack actually works, hopefully...
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    I haven't bought it yet, but I'll probably get it for the weekend. I'm buying it for Tartosa and slow dancing. Most of my Sims will either elope or get married at the town hall, so wedding ceremonies aren't important to me anyway.
    I will try the wedding ceremonies, though. I'm going to have few disaster weddings just for fun, no matter if they fail... it's even better if they do. ;)
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I don't ever use mods. Ever. But this has pushed me over the edge...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I bought it for the world. I skipped Cottage Living and was itchy for a new place to live. I’m only using weddings sometimes, so if they are buggy I’m not super sad. I also wanted slow dance and functional tea pot.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I'll get it in a sale when EA have fixed it, because I love what the pack is meant to do, and I'd have alot of fun with it. Such a shame. :(
  • PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    I'll likely buy it in the next day or two and use Carl's fix if EA don't patch it first
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I like the world, the floral arrangements, the tea set, cake stand and the flower stand, the dresses are nice too. Bugs will eventually be fixed (or not, who knows) but until then I will have fun playing with the stuff that works.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Yes I bought it and it works nicely in my game
    I'm always amazed when I hear people talk about bugs like it's a common thing--I have every major pack, and the only one I've ever had any major bug problems with was Eco
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm always amazed when I hear people talk about bugs like it's a common thing--I have every major pack, and the only one I've ever had any major bug problems with was Eco

So, all the aspects of the wedding work in your game? Like getting everyone to sit, walk down the aisle, cut the cake, gather for a toast? The official at the wedding and the ring bearer?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I'm most likely waiting for a sale at this point. I don't really care for weddings that much and would be buying the pack for the world and CAS, but I still don't appreciate all the bugs that have been reported. So since I am not that eager to get the pack, I think I will wait for a more appropriate price.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited February 2022
    I actually liked the old weddings, I like having big weddings for my sims once in a while. So of course I'm worried if there are now glitches even with simpler weddings. But I'm not in a hurry to marry anyone and I really had to get the pack for the world. I remember dreaming of a greek world since Get Together and for me this is close enough and possibly closest we will ever get... I also wanted the slow dance, rest of it is just extra.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Other
    I haven't bought it, but I planned to at the end of the month. However, I'm not sure I'll even bother to pick it up at all, which will be a first for me. I'm hoping for some hot fixes between now and payday, as that might sway me, but I'm not holding my breath. I get the feeling the pack will be left as it is, and we'll only see a patch update in another month or two.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    The fact that they released such an extremely buggy pack is quite disgusting, tbh lol I'm waiting for a fix.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

So, all the aspects of the wedding work in your game? Like getting everyone to sit, walk down the aisle, cut the cake, gather for a toast? The official at the wedding and the ring bearer?

I think at least some of the issues are caused by the premade wedding venues layout, with multiple arches, seating area, etc. I had my sims walk down the aisle in a venue I've built and there were no issues with it. I will need to test with a full fledged wedding, but I am sure that the outcome can't be worse than the weddings I've had before in my game. On the plus side, now you can have separate ceremony and reception events so that could also help with how smooth the wedding goes.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think at least some of the issues are caused by the premade wedding venues layout, with multiple arches, seating area, etc. I had my sims walk down the aisle in a venue I've built and there were no issues with it. I will need to test with a full fledged wedding, but I am sure that the outcome can't be worse than the weddings I've had before in my game. On the plus side, now you can have separate ceremony and reception events so that could also help with how smooth the wedding goes.
    Having watched a number of videos, I did wonder about the venues. You'd think EA would have tested them thoroughly before release though.

Would you mind letting us know how you get on with your wedding please?
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I've never had a wedding in all my years of Simming and don't plan to start (anything that involves multiple NPCs is going to be a mess, and weddings have never been my thing, anyway), but I did want the world.

The pack's a bit thin if you're not interested in the main attraction. I'm a little disappointed that there are no new skills. The world is lovely, however, and though there isn't a whole lot of BB, I like the items added.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Personally I have no interest in romantic gameplay, I bought it for the (incredible) new world, new beach activities and tea sets (and to a lesser extent BB).

Not played much yet but so far I’m very happy.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes I bought it for the world,wedding cakes and slowdancing. So far I have seen only 1 bug but I haven't had my sims ge married yet.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Other
    I'll probably get it this weekend. Don't have time to play til sunday. I need a pick me up and this is it.

I am upset that this overrides the basegame weddings as my plan was always for a majority of my wedding to still use the basegame event.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member

Same - until this one... I mean Eco Living just made everyone steal all my furniture and some apartments had no floors. But the Wedding pack is absolutely redonkulous. Virtually unplayable.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    Bought it
    game got laggy buggy as plum
    game repair helped the lag ever so slightly but it still lags like mad and sims keep glitching especially in tartosa

haven't even tried actual wedding yet just items separately

couple dancing seems to work better when you don't have a dance floor which is kinda silly

and game might work out of tartosa at least it seemed less glitchy when i used oasis springs instead for some stuff

unsure what to do with world and households anyway so i just bulldozed every lot that doesn't have family turned them to residential and edited the thebe lot a little
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am undecided
    I pre ordered it and still haven't received the code even though the packs been out for 18 hours.. Yay :|
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2022
    No I haven't, when it was announced I was considering buying it. After half a year with just kits I wanted to have a reason to update my game and play something new. I have not played the game much recently.

But there are too many bugs and not enough variation. There are good things in this pack, but the lack of development and support is making me not wanna buy it.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I am waiting for a sale
    I will not pay full price for something that is broke and definitely not for a world or neighborhood, it appears to be a pack of bugs and fluff and it appears even with features Sims 4 cannot avoid what Sims 3 went though.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen