Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Questions

cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
Are there any risks associated with bringing specialized, pre-made and usually hidden NPCs into the game as regular Sims? I understand with previous Sims games, this can be super-risky. Especially in that, cheats/MCCC must be used. I so far, haven't noted any real problems with Rey and Vi from Journey to Batuu.

However, I seem to recall that Bebe Rexha from the Sims sessions was really buggy, and regularly disappeared from my household. And that was probably expected, given the Sims created for the Sims sessions were for the limited-time event, and not intended to stay in the world. I saved every single one of the performers to my Gallery as they came on stage. Currently, Bebe Rexha is the only one to have ever been used--in one save intentionally added to a household, and in another spawned as a Townie.

So far, I've not really done more other than adding them to households. Removal of specialized, hidden traits usually cleans up a lot of the bugs; and I have (especially with Vi and Rey) changed their outfits to look more normal, and changed traits and aspirations to other things. With me purchasing My Wedding Stories next month, I'm wondering if there are any bugs that come out of marriage and having kids with them.

And has anyone else done this in TS4?