Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleting CC?

Does anyone know how to delete cc other than via your mods folder? Can you do it in the sims 4 studio?

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    Yes, you can delete from Studio. Just open the item (under "my CC") and check the options in bottom right corner.

It's advised to delete your localthumbcache when changes are made to the mods folder.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Yes, you can delete from Studio. Just open the item (under "my CC") and check the options in bottom right corner.

It's advised to delete your localthumbcache when changes are made to the mods folder.

Thanks so much!! Does that include build and buy cc? Why should you delete the localthumb when changing mods folder?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    In Studio you can see your CC, and that includes all kinds of CC - build, buy, CAS. If you have tons of CC you probably organized them somehow in folders, but they will all show up in Studio, and can be deleted from there.

The game uses the cache file to save time finding the various cc files each time you start your game (or open the catalogs, I'm not sure). If there content changes because cc files are added or removed, the game will sill use info in that cache file to navigate, and will need to "do extra work" when that file no longer holds accurate info. This might cause some lag, depending on the amount of changes, I guess. By deleting that one cache file, the game will create a new version that is correct.

PS: I'm no expert, so my wording might be a bit off ;)
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    In Studio you can see your CC, and that includes all kinds of CC - build, buy, CAS. If you have tons of CC you probably organized them somehow in folders, but they will all show up in Studio, and can be deleted from there.

The game uses the cache file to save time finding the various cc files each time you start your game (or open the catalogs, I'm not sure). If there content changes because cc files are added or removed, the game will sill use info in that cache file to navigate, and will need to "do extra work" when that file no longer holds accurate info. This might cause some lag, depending on the amount of changes, I guess. By deleting that one cache file, the game will create a new version that is correct.

PS: I'm no expert, so my wording might be a bit off ;)

No that was really well explained, thank you so much for all your help 🥳❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I use the tray importer and the sims 4 mod manager. Can you see the CC on the sim in in the studio? I was thinking of downloading that actually.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I use the tray importer and the sims 4 mod manager. Can you see the CC on the sim in in the studio? I was thinking of downloading that actually.

Yes, all "exterior" cc can be seen on the sim. But the sim is a model doll, much plainer than an actual sim, so it will often look much better in game. The only thing I can think of that you can not see is cc teeth, skin details and makeup. Jewelry and hair/hats will show.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »

Yes you can actually. It's quite nice to be able to look at your CC and delete what you want without having to go into the game.

But if I'm deleting a bunch of BB stuff I open the game and just plunk what I want to get rid of down in an empty box "house", save that lot, and open it in tray importer to find the CC (because all of mine are either categorized by type of stuff or by creator, which is just everything and it's hard to find specific stuff sometimes).
    UZkf8YP.pngHtRNH10.pngGqb7SUC.pngUKgbQHK.png
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Simmerville @Chicklet453681 Thank you so much. I will download this. I found it really hard to manage all the massive amounts of CC clothing and shoes I downloaded lol. I haven't put them back in my game yet. I think it might be fun to try and figure out how to make some custom clothing for my Sims too.