Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Disaster Wedding Stories

As we all know, the wedding pack seems to have a lot of problems. Everyone just looks dazed and unable to do anything. No one will sit down. No one shows up dressed for the wedding. The bouquet isn’t thrown. The cake disappears or rots. No one can cut a slice from the cake. The couple refuses to marry at the alter. The couple even meanders outside the aisle like they are confused.

I know there is a big patch coming with the new game, but one weeks delay to fix everything seems such a short time. Good luck to the devs. I hope they can patch it all up. My Sims having a happy wedding depends on their hard work. If they succeed, my Sims will stand blissfully at the alter and wed. If they don't succeed, I have a back-up plan ready, a new save called My Disaster Wedding Stories. I’ve had some creative inspiration to play with these bugs. Please help me plan my disaster weddings. Who should be responsible for the wedding chaos in my game?

My Disaster Wedding Stories 116 votes

An angry ghost bride who is haunting the wedding party and jealously trying to destroy the bride’s happy day. Maybe she died before she could wed. Maybe the groom is her former lover.
24%
AnmirlaDarkLady2788ToriegreydonnDaiyudavina1221RamblineRoseBabykittyjadeLadyKynXxAirixXMicemSimsloutredorZiafarcomicsforlifeSAEldarinChicklet453681AmandèleElisdreamnetney52Apricus 28 votes
A local Tartosan with a voodoo doll who is angry at the booming wedding industry’s tourism and how it is destroying the tranquility of the formerly quiet island.
12%
imhappyelemmeleheiblumecchant86EmmaVanepammiechicksof2106AquaGamer1212SheriSim57MDianaSimsmusteniMondayThemrsg4422VeeDub 14 votes
A hungry vampire casting compulsion spells on everyone.
3%
LiELFGlacierSnowRememberJoydarkovika 4 votes
Enraged mermaids trying to reclaim their island, which was stolen from them by Tartosan pirates.
12%
MartinvStormkeepAeroprincess87Foxrox77mmb_abrLatinaBunnyEnkiSchmidtQuaayThriorTS1299WhatCobblersIsharellKerriganOlalla1986lushsimmer 15 votes
A jealous spell caster trying to halt the wedding and win back his or her lost love.
4%
YautjagirlMilutinMujovicCeridwenTTNsimmerHavenRose 5 votes
The parents do not approve of their child’s fiancee and have poisoned the punch bowl.
7%
jeepjeepcatrudolphaPlumbobCrossingChadSims2BreazonaCattyBetsykaiwrysimsZoeyevesterKirzth 9 votes
Aliens have decided to colonize this island and are trying to take over everybody’s mind.
3%
GalacticGalGreenb70SERVERFRAHeathertibb 4 votes
This is a plague and everyone needs to social distance, wear a mask, wash their hands, and stay home. Wedding venues are closed.
3%
DrusillaBloosmooOldeseadoggeLibbyWaters 4 votes
Oh no. Don't do this. Don't buy it until it's fully patched and tested.
19%
alexspoom13CamkatDevSims91Elegantblkchina1sekojranaKhrisstyneKaon45HarukotyanbixtersGitaAineHorrorgirl6AdilogionSeashoreLiviaCoconut27CelSimsGrimlyFiendishEternalSunshinemightysprite 23 votes
Other.
8%
crocobauraBluegaylemaggiemae8135friendlysimmersKironidelemonellaChuChuExpressPeralGordySimmingal 10 votes

Comments

• greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    An angry ghost bride who is haunting the wedding party and jealously trying to destroy the bride’s happy day. Maybe she died before she could wed. Maybe the groom is her former lover.
    The groom is her former lover? Gasp, the drama!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Poisoning the punch bowl was a close second... >:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Enraged mermaids trying to reclaim their island, which was stolen from them by Tartosan pirates.
    Well if you gonna go through with the wedding, my vote is for the angry sirens reclaiming their land.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    So creative! I really liked several of the ideas. I voted for the mermaids because it just seems to really fit the locale, but I liked literally all of the options, especially the first 4.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    A jealous spell caster trying to halt the wedding and win back his or her lost love.
    As much as I think the story of the mermaids is perfect for the world, spellcasters actually have abilities that can add extra havoc and mess with romance. Or for extra fun, the mermaids enlisted the spellcaster's help in reclaiming the island.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    A local Tartosan with a voodoo doll who is angry at the booming wedding industry’s tourism and how it is destroying the tranquility of the formerly quiet island.
    No one has picked this one yet, but I think it must have something to do with the lore of the ancient sim picture designs on the Tartosan rocks. It simply must be voodoo. I knew that little voodoo doll had to come from somewhere, now we know where and why…… marriages and tourism have destroyed the once tranquil island.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited February 2022
    A rational part of me should advice anyone not to buy this pack until they fix it but I legit snorted with amusement at several of these options. So, for fun.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I think I actually saw a movie once that had this plot a long, long time ago...
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2022
    Oh no. Don't do this. Don't buy it until it's fully patched and tested.
    Wait and look at Answer HQ and hear from content creators what this pack will do first. So you don't end up with sims with stuck buffs or sentiments or something else will break and and weddings will no longer work in the game. This pack will replace the base game weddings so it's not fun if they will stop working.

If the pack seems fine, then you can buy it.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    A hungry vampire casting compulsion spells on everyone.
    I always go with the Vampire. But I almost selected the Ghost and I also really like the poisoned punch bowl.

Such lovely choices! <3>:)
    #Team Occult
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other.
    All of the above.
    Simultaneously.

personally I think this would probably be perfect time to bring on the legendary Cassandra & Don wedding but with new spice

but I actually can't decide if i should first take Cassandra to university n stuff before i abduct bella so it might take me a while to get there
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I love your ideas!
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Other.
    If you want the wedding to be super crazy, you could do all of the above. Maybe, the Island is on a nexus of disaster! I certainly could have fun with that. >:)
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Other.
    Hmmm, let's see...

How about...the best man of the wedding decides to 'surprise' the newlyweds by unleashing a quartet of raptors in straw hats and bow ties...but instead of singing (honestly, the only singing raptors do is their usual roars and screeches), they straight up cause havoc in the reception.

I've been watching too much RageGamingVideos.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Aliens have decided to colonize this island and are trying to take over everybody’s mind.
    That's what my futuristic Alien Pirates are going to do. Meh, ha, ha, ha :p:D>:)
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Other.
    I chose other because I love all the ideas! Sounds like a lot of fun! LOL
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hardest decision I ever made 😖 so many good choices.....
    It doesn't have to go totally perfect to have fun with it!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I chose mermaids, but I also really loved angry ghost bride.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Love the mermaid and spellcaster ideas as well even though I don't really play them. With no sea underworld, mermaids aren't true mermaids for me as they were in the Sims3. An angry ghost bride sounds like it could happen and what if the groom saw that he really loved the ghost more and decided to go for her instead?
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Other.
    I like pretty much all of them except for the "plague" one as that was too close to home. We have only just got permission for weddings to be allowed. I don't want to jinx it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    So I guess no one wants to play COVID weddings? Lol.

@greydonn I think so too. I like hidden object puzzles and the mysterious ghost brides haunting a castle or former lover are always dramatic good fun.
    @Anmirla A poisoned punch bowl sounds very GoT to me, perfect for a castle wedding gone awry.
    @Aeroprincess87 My mermaid has been a happy Disney mermaid up to now. It will be fun to give her some anger and drama.
    @Stormkeep Thank you. I'm happy you liked them. The island does looks perfect for mermaids.
    @HavenRose Definitely agree. Spellcasters can throw some spells at the guests. I was originally planning to have mermaids and spellcasters on the same side in another save, against vampires and pirates.
    @SheriSim57 I didn't see those rock designs, but you must be right, the voodoo doll came from Tortosa island!
    @Thrior The rational part of me knows I should wait too. I'm worried about the lag I heard about. I'm glad I made you chuckle.
    @FatTribble23 Ooh what movie? I would love to see a haunting ghost bride movie. I read a lot of classic literature and always liked mysterious ghost brides.
    @logion I know, I should probably wait. I didn't think of stuck buffs or sentiments. I was thinking of the lag though.
    @LiELF Yay, I'm happy my vampires got a vote. I was thinking Vlad could open up a gloomy hotel here with vampire guests and maybe age his teen daughter so she can get married.
    @Simmingal Yes! Don is definitely getting married in my game too. I love that you are playing out the Sims 2 wedding and disappearance of Bella again. I love doing that too. Cassandra is still a teen in my game. I haven't aged her up yet. Maybe I should and recreate Darren Dreamer too. I often paired those too. Maybe Darren's deceased wife can be a ghost haunting the wedding of Darren Dreamer and Cassandra Goth.
    @musteni Thank you!
    @Kironide I love the idea of a supernatural nexus on the island! I'm going to think about how I can add that to a story.
    @ChuChuExpress Maybe I will add straw hats and bow ties, that's hilarious! What rage gaming videos are those? Lol.
    @SERVERFRA Yay! Someone picked aliens. I don't play with them ever. This would be a good chance. I love that you have futuristic alien pirates in your game! I'm going to think about this. That sounds like a fun story.
    @maggiemae8135 Thank you. I'm glad you liked them. It will probably be fun for me even with the bugs. I can very easily entertain myself lol.
    @Babykittyjade Lol. Thank you for voting. I agree, you can still have fun with the pack even if the venue is buggy.
    @Isharell Mermaids would be really fun on such a beautiful Mediterranean inspired island. The island seems Spanish to me and I think there is lots of mermaid lore in Spain.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Other.
    @Elliandre

You made me choke on my tea! I love your comments! thank you! :D
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Love the mermaid and spellcaster ideas as well even though I don't really play them. With no sea underworld, mermaids aren't true mermaids for me as they were in the Sims3. An angry ghost bride sounds like it could happen and what if the groom saw that he really loved the ghost more and decided to go for her instead?

@davina1221 There was a sea underworld in Sims3?! I did not that know that. I will have to look that up. I'm jealous now. I think maybe the groom can realize he can try to bring her back or maybe when haunting the party she will fall for another guest.
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I like pretty much all of them except for the "plague" one as that was too close to home. We have only just got permission for weddings to be allowed. I don't want to jinx it.

@Bluegayle Hahaha. Good idea. Yeah that plague one didn't go over so good as the others lol.
    edited February 2022
    Kironide wrote: »
    @Elliandre

You made me choke on my tea! I love your comments! thank you! :D

@Kironide Aww, thank you! I'm happy I made you laugh. :smile:
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other.
    One of my major couples is a non-commital Sim who I after a lot of play got to win the heart of an unflirty Sim (that was difficult) My Non -commital has a irresponseble brother who has a relationship with a famous musician. My idea was to have the younger brother to propose to the musician, which would put my non-commital Sim in a bit of quanundrum. His beloved is visiting a psychologist to get over the reason for her unflirty trait and with his brother getting married he would be more or less forced to marry his not so unflirty girlfriend. So he would try to sabotage his brothers marriage. But with this pack being completly broken their is no need