Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🚨 Important info for those purchasing My Wedding Stories 🚨

As it stands right now according to creators with early access the wedding UI in the new pack completely replaces the old base game method of hosting weddings.

I posted this in Speculation and Rumor because I don’t have early access myself and neither does Henford Hen, but they apparently have either seen videos where this is mentioned or had first hand conversations with EA Creator Network members who do have early access. I know @simgirl1010 has early access and perhaps she could confirm this for us? I just think considering the issues people have had with the pack this should be known if true. I also understand that a rather large patch is supposed to precede the pack hopefully to smooth out many of the glitches and problems people had with the early access software.

I am really hoping that they can and do iron out the kinks in this pack before it’s released Wednesday because for a lot of us $20.00 isn’t nothing I do believe the devs always strive to deliver us a quality product, and I know they have not had an easy time of trying to work from home and collaborate over Zoom calls. But, that being said, this pack has been extraordinarily buggy and we deserve a finished product that’s in full working order. I won’t be home at all Wednesday so I intend to fully research how the pack functions on Thursday before I decide on immediate purchase myself and this information is only intended to help you do the same.

Please Do Not use this thread to start bashing on the devs and calling them names! They are people with feelings who work hard to bring us a game we love and who do in fact read these forums even if they don’t always interact here. It costs you nothing to be kind or at least civil in your discourse.

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    For the sake of their declining reputation I truly hope they can fix most (if not all) the bugs in this pack before its official release.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    The old goaled wedding events are no longer an option under plan a social event. Very disappointing as I rather enjoy the goal based events.

And they had the rewards, too!
    And do guests still give gifts to newlyweds or this feature is also gone? :/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Yes, I love trying for the rewards in goaled events.

From Carl's Site.

Rewards for Bronze, Silver, and Gold Weddings:
    Three Rewards are offered for completing a Wedding with one of the three medals. You will find the reward in your Sim's Household Inventory once they get home. The Bronze reward seems to be a gag gift:

Bronze - Charisma Vol. 1: Diplomacy for Dummies. A Skill book for Charisma
    Silver or Higher - Wedding Pillar with Floral Basket and an In Full Bloom Centerpiece
    Gold - Royal Crabtree Tea Set, The Food Annihilator, and Tea Magic Personal Brewer along with Silver Rewards

jgbGxxb.png

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/relationships/weddings.php
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    That's very disappointing.
    Sometimes, I just want to have a simple wedding. I don't want to have a complicated wedding for every couple I make.

This is a big oversight by the Sims team. I probably won't be getting this pack at all if I'm forced to use this pack's buggy weddings.
    bixters wrote: »
    Sometimes, I just want to have a simple wedding. I don't want to have a complicated wedding for every couple I make.

This is a big oversight by the Sims team. I probably won't be getting this pack at all if I'm forced to use this pack's buggy weddings.

Hopefully they won't be buggy once the game is released. 🙂
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

That’s my hope too, because I really really want the pack. @bixters provided the major bugs are fixed you can keep it simple by only picking 1 or 2 of the traditions like simply exchange vows + kiss which was pretty much the base game weddings. I’m not too upset about the event no longer being goaded because I quit using that a long time ago, though I do think it should have been left as an option for players who want it.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    As long as eloping at a random arch, or even in your kitchen, is still a thing, I'll adapt. I don't want to have to travel all the way to Tartosa to get married at the court house.

I do one, maybe two wedding events per legacy. The rest are elopements or common law. :wink:
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The devs had a break of 7 months to create this pack. I hope they can fix it in 6 days.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    As long as eloping at a random arch, or even in your kitchen, is still a thing, I'll adapt. I don't want to have to travel all the way to Tartosa to get married at the court house.

I do one, maybe two wedding events per legacy. The rest are elopements or common law. :wink:

I agree. I hope I can still elope without having go to down to city hall in another town. The majority of my married Sims elope.

@DaWaterRat and @Dannakyri1

No need to travel to city hall to elope.

oyg8BAO.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

oyg8BAO.png

Thanks. Then I'm all good. :wink:
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Eh I wouldn't count on it. I don't even understand how it can be this buggy for a livestream. You'd think they plan for these types of things in advance :sweat_smile:
    edited February 2022
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Eh I wouldn't count on it. I don't even understand how it can be this buggy for a livestream. You'd think they plan for these types of things in advance :sweat_smile:

You'd think so but I'm definitely counting on a much smoother experience on release day
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2022
    What’s sad is given a few days and Carl Sims has fixed it. I’ll be getting his mods if they aren’t fixing a lot of things like people watching the first dance, cake cutting, staying in chairs for wedding itself.

I’d love to hear why they don’t have testing done before releases. And allowing “testing” being done with GC is like having everyone watch people throw eggs on their faces. It’s honestly mind boggling.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Thank you for posting this. I never did a goaled wedding event, so personally it won't be missed in my game. I would like to do one though, before it gets replaced. I'm looking forward to the greater customization for the new event. It's looks more like the holiday event setup and I really like that.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    I tried doing a regular goaled wedding event today, and it seemed bugged.
    There were no goals (I turned off the Holiday before scheduling the wedding). There was no option for Bronze, Silver or Gold. When it ended, I got no score, and I got no rewards at all.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Am I the only one that dislikes the goaled events? I usually don't even do them because I like deciding what will and won't happen at my social events without the pressure of you must do X, Y, or Z. This is why I like when my sims get asked out on dates by townies.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

oyg8BAO.png
    I think I’ve only done the base game wedding challenge once or twice and not since 2017 as eloping has always been so much easier.

I think the new game pack has made it more interesting to get married so I would have to adapt.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I tried doing a regular goaled wedding event today, and it seemed bugged.
    There were no goals (I turned off the Holiday before scheduling the wedding). There was no option for Bronze, Silver or Gold. When it ended, I got no score, and I got no rewards at all.

I also tried to do a wedding event with goals today and my experience was similar, no goals listed, no reward offered, just a timer at the top.

I'm still planning to buy the pack. I love the new world and the new cas/bb. Hopefully weddings aren't totally broken.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2022
    The base game goaled wedding event is still working fine for me. I was able to do a wedding today and get the rewards. I’m disappointed that the new pack removes the goal option. Does anyone know if the base game wedding rewards unlock some way with the new pack or will we have to use a cheat to unlock them with MWS installed?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love doing goaled events. If it's true that this will remove the goaled option, I might wait to buy the pack and hope for a mod that will restore the goaled events.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    ayyyy
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited February 2022
    The devs had a break of 7 months to create this pack. I hope they can fix it in 6 days.

This is the reason why I won't buy it on release. I don't trust that the sims team can manage to fix this so fast without creating new bugs.

As for the base game version of the wedding event, I don't want to loose that option unless we can unlock these items in an alternative way in the new pack. I guess I will have to wait until my supersim unlocked the rewards on the traditional way. I think it is a bad design decision to simply remove the base game option. I don't want to use the new wedding all the time.

oyg8BAO.png

Thank you for this info. At least we don't loose this possibility. (at least in this temporary version, let's wait for the final version)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    What’s sad is given a few days and Carl Sims has fixed it. I’ll be getting his mods if they aren’t fixing a lot of things like people watching the first dance, cake cutting, staying in chairs for wedding itself.

I’d love to hear why they don’t have testing done before releases. And allowing “testing” being done with GC is like having everyone watch people throw eggs on their faces. It’s honestly mind boggling.
    I can only imagine how hard testing is with the amount of packs we have at our disposal. If one pack, or a combination of 2 packs or 3 packs etc. cause a glitch or bug, I can only imagine how many tries it would take to find out where the bug lies. This is probably why they haven’t been able to fix the plant reverting to dirt bug yet. But I hope they have been working on that one and will be able to fix it soon.