Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 dealmakers vs dealbreakers

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
Share your needs for TS5! Seperated by at least 5 things that will make Sims 5 a dealmaker vs dealbreaker for you.

Some ideas to think about:
How do you want CAS?
How do you want build/buy?
What kind of worlds / neighborhood management do you want?
What kind of gameplay is needed?
What other features are needed?
What should be base game?
What about life stages?

If you plan on not buying TS5, have no interest in TS5, dont want to see ppl talking about TS5, this thread is not for you.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2022
    My TS5 dealmakers - Yes, please include!
    1. Dynamic personalities. Id love a mix of personality points AND traits. With a working attraction system.
    2. I can make my OWN neighborhoods/worlds. With my own community lots, townies,
    3. I want sim memories, and strong consequences for actions. I want my choices to matter!
    4. Lore! Take stories from all the Sim universe, past PC games, console, mobile games etc - some storylines from all Sims Universe and include them into the new game! Easter egg galore!
    5. Innovate ideas for expansions! Can we get one thats a old time western styled world? No cell phones, newspapers included. Something set in the past with all older technology. What about an alien expanasion with a Sixam world? With am evil alien race and a kind one? How about a medieval expansion? Something really new! Not just cultural worlds but fantasty or sci fi world inspiration.

My TS5 dealbreakers - No, please dont include!
    1. A hyperfocus on "inclusivity". I dont like how its being handled in TS4 and if TS5 is anything like it I wont engaging. No political or social activism.
    2. Low-effort DLC. I dont want stuff peacemealed and recycled.
    3. Having to resort to CC for black players. Please dont make this mistake again.
    4. Making multiplayer unsafe. If it must include multiplayer, make it safe for people to play. I dont want it to include ped0s, scammers, bullies etc. I just want to safely play with a friend online in private server.
    5. Try. Like actually try! Dont assume you still have the same audience. Or we will just go back to older games again.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    dealmakers:
    1. probably collaborating with custom content creators/modders on the game. like adding things from popular cc packs/mods to the base game and/or packs or something like that, as well as bringing in the modders who know how to fix ea/maxis problems and bugs.
    2. maybe pets for base game? my pets are such a big part of my life, so i would love to see pets for everyone.
    3. definitely lore, the sims 4 is so bare since it doesn't have much lore.
    4. idk if this exists already or not, but the ability to choose if you want the default townies or not. like you can spawn with the default townies, or no townies so you can upload your own, without having to delete every single townie family, etc.
    5. i would love for them to make the sims 5 on like nintendo switch or something. a lot of people have nintendo switches, so maybe it could get more gamers playing.
    6. and the final dealmaker, collaborating with more artists for the radio soundtrack. the radio in the sims 4 has such nice songs that nobody knows about in the real world for the most part, and i'd love for them to do that again in the sims 5. i know they probably couldn't get the biggest artists out there, due to expenses, but to see lesser-known artists again would be a delight.

dealbreakers:
    1. having lots of packs and pack types. i'm fine with a handful of packs, but i don't want there to be hundreds. and we don't want another kit situation. shudders
    2. having mandatory multiplayer, as in no single-player. i'm pretty sure that's one of everyone's major dealbreakers. there are threads here about this lol
    3. another dealbreaker is if the sims 5 doesn't have non-binary options/pronouns. they're working on inclusive pronouns in the sims 4 right now, so they might as well include pronouns into the sims 5 from the start, right?
    4. if vital options are not included in the initial basegame, like how the sims 4 forgot pools, toddlers, etc. we do not need that again, i hope they've learned.
    5. if teens aren't different from young adults. teens and YAs are basically the exact same thing, especially with their heights. this goes with the first dealmaker, since there are several mods correcting teens' heights, etc, so if they bring those modders on to help, they can help fix the teen situation.
    6. and the final dealbreaker, batuu 2. need i say more? :D
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    At this point there are no deal breakers. I'll have a better idea once the game is announced and we start to see features.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    At this point there are no deal breakers. I'll have a better idea once the game is announced and we start to see features.

Same here. At this point the only thing I'm certain about would be me seeing a deal-breaker if it's intended to be all or mostly online, whether that means multiplayer or just a "game as a service" type thing. If it does end up that way, any potential deal-makers would be moot for me, anyway.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    Share your needs for TS5! Seperated by at least 5 things that will make Sims 5 a dealmaker vs dealbreaker for you.

Some ideas to think about:
    How do you want CAS?
    What about life stages?

If you plan on not buying TS5, have no interest in TS5, dont want to see ppl talking about TS5, this thread is not for you.

I would consider TS5 however I’ve already set the metrics it has to meet. I’m very interested to see what others are looking for.

Base game must include swimming pools off the bat like previous Sims games.
    Patching must be infrequent and must only address bug fixes.
    Ability to set which worlds connect.
    Ability to delete clothes/shoes/hats no longer wanted from base game.
    Can choose if you want additional content in base game update.
    More relationship setting choices in CAS.
    Able to add family members after CAS.
    Emotions are just background and it’s more social interaction that determines your Sims moods.
    Build and buy are separate again.
    All life stages need to be available at the start.
    Job interviews would be interesting and Sims have to read up on the job and answer a few questions.
    Sims open cupboards to make food. They interact with cabinets.
    More complex relationship dynamics I.e. ‘frienemies’ , ‘scourge of the town’ and ‘local Buffon’ etc.
    Newspaper 🗞 back but you can cancel it if desired.
    Landlines! ☎️.
    Able to set how many townie Sims are spawned. Can select which Sim you want as barista, bar tender etc.
    Bikes could be base game and maybe the boats that come with Island Living. Even if we only get one version of each to start.
    Internet connection can be set accordingly, interact with all other online players, interact with selected players, game updates only etc.

Can set the level of interaction from other online players if selected.
    Any player can make any changes to my current game.
    Any player can only make selected changes to my current game.
    Any player must request changes to my current game.
    Any player can only view my current game.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2022
    dealmakers:
    1. Customizable worlds. Allow players to place lots and customize the worlds. The limitations can be configured depending on your computer.
    2. Create a style for CAS.
    3. Allow us to make our sims feel unique, traits and personalities matter. Life stages feel unique and offer different types of gameplay.
    4. Areas that feel more alive, have more npc roles and things happening like school buses, neighbors mowing the lawns, sims practicing yoga in the parks etc. allow us to have more than 20 sims walking around.
    5. Interactive careers, if the player doesn't want to follow their sim to work they can have the option to send them to a rabbit hole.
    6. Events can happen in the game, not just a chance card, the player can choose to engage with them and they help with storytelling and world building. The occurrence of these events can be configured in the game settings.

dealbreakers:
    1. Multiplayer.
    2. Limiting customization and development and instead focusing too much on representation.
    3. Not offering Mod support.
    4. Having rabbit hole solutions and notifications for things that should happen in the game and help with storytelling and world building.
    5. Reusing assets and events.
    6. No cars, ladders, staircases, firemen, police because they are "too difficult to do". the game should be able to handle those things without having to be added several years later after development.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    For me, there's really no dealmakers. There is certainly a list of what I'd really want to see, but ultimately it would be a combination of the whole of CAS, BB, and gameplay that would determine if I'll buy it or not. There's no single list of things that could put it into the "I will buy for sure" ballpark.

Dealbreakers:
    1. Required multiplayer - if the game requires you to play online with an internet connection, it will be a no-buy
    2. Shared Worlds - If the game lets what other players do influence what happens in my own game, it's a no-buy. Arguably this is an extension of #1, but this could technically be a thing with just a "sometimes" online rather than "always" online requirement so I separated it.
    3. Lack of Mod Support - If the game does not readily support modding, it will be a no-buy
    4. Lack of CC Support -- If the game does not readily support BB and CAS Custom content, it will be a no-buy
    5. Open World -- If the game has a completely open world concept like TS3, it will be a no buy. I just don't trust them to be able to design a properly, lag-free simulation when all the sims in the world are loaded at one time. Even if it works well at launch, as EP's are added it will get worse. Fool me once...etc.
    6. Lack of Toggles and options -- One of my biggest disappointments with TS4 vs. TS3 is the lack of the ability to fine tune game settings (without MCCC) and the lack of toggle options for things like life-states etc.
    7. Lack of Seasons in the Base Game -- I'm unwilling to play a Sims game (again) which doesn't have Seasonal changes built into the base game. This would, potentially, change once a Seasons EP eventually comes out though, and I would consider buying it at that time if the game, overall, is solid and doesn't check off any of these other dealbreakers.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    No Sims 5 at all.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I will not be buying Sims 5 on release due to how things have panned out with the previous versions (Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4), so some of mine are things that would be only noticeable after release

Dealmakers
    1. Fixing bugs and being open with the player base about bugs that they have decided not to fix for whatever reason or bugs that are taking longer to fix than they thought
    2. Packs that consider other packs. Like a new EP adding things that could be considered a hobby being added to the list of hobbies or club activities.
    3. Meaningful personality. I don't care how they do it, whether it's Sims 2's personality traits or Sims 3 traits system or a combination of the two. But Sims 4 traits have very very little impact on actual gameplay for most of the traits. The only ones that do have easily noticeable effects aren't really personality traits: lactose intolerance and vegetarian.
    4. Fully fleshed out base game. I shouldn't feel like I need to buy a few extra packs to have a complete game.
    5. EP's and SP's that put a new spin on old version packs. Like how World Adventures put a new spin on the vacation EP. It wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'd rather new spins than the old pack with a new skin.

Deal breakers
    1. Multiplayer - I don't trust EA to do it right where it's 100% optional, no unlocks to be found from doing it. So any multiplayer at all and it would likely need all of the dealmakers to even have me consider buying the game and that's without considering any of the other deal breakers.
    2. Another attempt at stopping modding. They tried it with Sims 3 and failed. They do appear to have been more welcoming of the modding scene with Sims 4 so I hope it continues. The modding community is the primary reason why this game has lasted so long for so many people. Because we can mod the game to change our ever evolving tastes instead of leaving when vanilla no longer works for us.
    3. Even more goal driven than the game already is with Sims 4. I prefer sandbox to linear when it comes to my Sims games. The more goal oriented play gets added, the more linear the game becomes.
    4. Marketing that doesn't actually match what the game actually is.
    5. Designing the game such that it can't take more than 8 Sims in a household. I get the limits. But for those of us whose computers can handle it, should be able to have mods and such to expend our limit without causing huge problems like what happens with Sims 4.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

Dealbreaker:
    Limit me with non-customizable worlds, 8 sim limit per household, mood-swings, sims without personalities, multiplayer etc.

Dealmaker:
    Customizable worlds (like sims 2 & 3) more sims in a household, easy to mod, single-player mode like every other sims game, PERSONALITIES and ATTRACTIONS, all life stages and occults, babies not objects, lore

Not buying the game before I tried playing it, not having another sims 4 incident.

53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    As I'm quite happy with Sims 4, Sims 5 would have to have something amazing for me to switch to it.

Dealmakers:
    1. A combined personality system of Sims 1 and 2 personality points with Sims 3 and 4 traits as well as keeping the emotions from 4 and maybe having more emotions.
    2. The ability to place lots and create custom lot sizes to worlds/neighbourhoods and maybe even map out the road layouts.
    3. The ability to create curved walls, auto roof and options to raise a lower roof height (where the wall and roof meet) and the walls adjust to meet the set height automatically.
    4. Colour wheel in CAS at least for hair and eye colour, but would be nice to adjust clothes colours too. I really liked Sims 3's hair colour customisation with roots, tips, main hair colour and highlights.
    5. An attraction system where we choose what our Sims are interested in. The ability to set turn ons and turn offs, gender preferences, ect. Give me full control, nothing chosen at random.

Dealbreakers:
    1. Random events that could kill my Sims and ruin my plans with no way to turn these off.
    2. Aspiration meter that decays or fears system where if it drops low Sims have breakdowns and no way to turn this off.
    3. Any system that dictates how we should play or what we should do.
    4. This current focus on being "inclusive" that's actually shoving American Woke ideas in our faces. Although if they must do that I would rather them do it in a Sims 5 than ruin Sims 4 with it.
    5. Forced multiplayer or online connection required or subscription service. I will not even look at the game if these are required to play.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Only one dealbreaker for me and that would be multiplayer. If EA could do it right and it not affect any part of the single player portion I might not object, but from past experience, I just don't trust they would be able to do it without hurting the single player part of the game. Also no constant online requirement.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,188 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    For me, there's really no dealmakers. There is certainly a list of what I'd really want to see, but ultimately it would be a combination of the whole of CAS, BB, and gameplay that would determine if I'll buy it or not. There's no single list of things that could put it into the "I will buy for sure" ballpark.

Dealbreakers:
    1. Required multiplayer - if the game requires you to play online with an internet connection, it will be a no-buy
    2. Shared Worlds - If the game lets what other players do influence what happens in my own game, it's a no-buy. Arguably this is an extension of #1, but this could technically be a thing with just a "sometimes" online rather than "always" online requirement so I separated it.
    3. Lack of Mod Support - If the game does not readily support modding, it will be a no-buy
    4. Lack of CC Support -- If the game does not readily support BB and CAS Custom content, it will be a no-buy
    5. Open World -- If the game has a completely open world concept like TS3, it will be a no buy. I just don't trust them to be able to design a properly, lag-free simulation when all the sims in the world are loaded at one time. Even if it works well at launch, as EP's are added it will get worse. Fool me once...etc.

I think they can pull it off sims 3 runs pretty good now . I hope they have open neighborhoods.
  • Options
    Deal maker
    Deep personalities and traits that make them feel unique. I want deeper likes and dislikes.
    Open world is back I want the open world to be back in the town
    Able to travel to other worlds freely
    A more mature realistic style
    The return of create of style
    Some basic weather mechanics .Like rain ,or the freezing cold
    Have more open jobs .I would love if retail, baking , were already in the base game .
    More family interaction and friend interactions
    Optional story progression .
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think they can pull it off sims 3 runs pretty good now . I hope they have open neighborhoods.

Are you saying it runs pretty good now with mods and with the various community fixes to the worlds and the game itself, or are you trying to tell me that no one needs those things and it runs pretty good straight out of the box without any other assistance? Because my experience is that it is the former. Sorry, that's not good enough for me.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

Are you saying it runs pretty good now with mods and with the various community fixes to the worlds and the game itself, or are you trying to tell me that no one needs those things and it runs pretty good straight out of the box without any other assistance? Because my experience is that it is the former. Sorry, that's not good enough for me.

I can´t answer for @Horrorgirl6 , but for me the game runs well on my machine. That was not the case with older technology.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options

I can speak for my computer, but it works pretty well.I don't have any mods that helps it.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    Deal maker
    Deep personalities and traits that make them feel unique. I want deeper likes and dislikes.
    Open world is back I want the open world to be back in the town
    Able to travel to other worlds freely
    A more mature realistic style
    The return of create of style
    Some basic weather mechanics .Like rain ,or the freezing cold
    Have more open jobs .I would love if retail, baking , were already in the base game .
    More family interaction and friend interactions
    Optional story progression .

Yesss 100%
    • open worlds /towns and story progression ( that can be optional for gamers)
    •An attraction/relationship system would be great for romantic and none romantic relationships.
    •The ability to recognize relatives both immediate and distant.
    •Grocery stores or farmers markets
    •Basic base game weather… rain , wind ( with leaves in the fall) & snow .
    • Traits / personality = base emotions = secondary emotions = actions & reactions & memories
    • Ability to buy or rent a home /apartment furnished, unfurnished (still has workable kitchen &bathrooms) or unfinished ( just a empty house )
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Dealbreaker: online
    Dealmaker: an honest, actual work goes into it, blend of the best features of the earlier game. They all have something to contribute, even TS1.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2022
    Dealmaker : personalities like TS2
    Dealbreaker : TS3's and TS4's personalities.
    TS3 is not that bad by the way
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited March 2022
    I've only been playing a few years, so I'm still happy playing Sims 4 and want more years of play and game packs. However, if Sims 5 comes sooner rather than later, here are some dealmakers to improve the chances I will switch and dealbreakers making it very unlikely I will buy the new game:

Dealmakers:
    • Ability to identify and remove CC within CAS and BB.
    • Many CAS customization options so everyone can create their self Sim and story tellers can create unique Sims with personality and character linked to gameplay through social interactions, interests, hobbies, skills, etc.
    • Packed with interactive objects, retro objects from earlier games, and interactive neighborhood settings.
    • All objects accessible. No hidden cheats required to bring up extra items for decorating.
    • Many lots in a world with different unique neighborhoods and full customization of lots, neighbourhood and terrain.
    • A mix of task completion, quests, interesting stories and sandbox gameplay.
    • Family game-play with playable babies, toddlers, kids, teens, adults and elders.
    • Occult Sims packs with Witches, Fairies, Vampires, Mermaids, Aliens, Zombies, Werewolves and Robots & historical Nobles, etc.
    • Animals like horses, unicorns, cats, dogs, dragons, chickens, cows, sheep, goats, pigs, bunnies, llamas and other creatures.
    • Autonomy On/Off
    • Radio that plays fully in headset, not like in Sims 4, playing louder in one ear or the other, depending on where the radio is.
    • Option to switch off music volume, but keep animation sounds, just like in the current Sims 4 settings, so I can listen to my own media in the background but still hear the Sims and animation sounds in the game.

Dealbreakers:
    • Anime cartoon Sims.
    • No genetics passed down to child Sims.
    • Lack of customization for appearance, identity and personality.
    • Only a few plain items available and all the rest linked to a real store for purchase with real money.
    • Large, open laggy world that requires an expensive laptop to play.
    • No toddlers or family gameplay.
    • No occult Sims.
    • Excessive or aggressive activism or political stances.
    • Insensitive inclusion of disabilities by reducing them to funny traits based on stereotypes.

If online and multiplayer, as people say it will be:
    • No ability for other players to disrupt my own game-play.
    • No intrusion during game-play with prompts to buy things.
    • On/Off options to play with other people or alone.
    • On/Off options to chat with others while playing, but not interfere with each other’s builds and game-play.
    • On/Off options to help each other with builds, task completions, gift items, etc.
    Post edited by Elliandre on
  • Options
    SavaineSavaine Posts: 1 New Member
    I like playing the Sims only sometimes I get really easily bored by it. The thing I like the most is making the houses so deal makers are also sometimes more like an ideal, how would I love this to look to make it stand out more !

Deal makers for me:
    CAS:
    - it would be amazing to have an option where you can layer your outfits so choosing to put a jacket on top of a shirt of your choosing. I think that could make CAS a lot more interesting also the option to remove a coat or item from an outfit item (like full body)
    - I would like it if they would keep the sliders for makeup they have right now.

BUILD/BUY
    - it would be great if they include pools and lakes inside the base game this time
    - I like that they introduced changing the height of the house into the Sims 4, I would love if they include this in the Sims 5 for each floor ( same goes for the stairs we have right now in Sims 4)
    - I would like to see more variety in plants when you place them so you have 3 different ways the leaves and branches could go with each plant so it would be less identical
    - we finally have adaptable couches where you can decide the size and how the corners look ( let's keep this for Sims 5)
    - more plain rugs, decor items , wallpapers, flooring, tiles, where there is a lot of options for color hues AND texture ( kind of like the Sims 3 but maybe more simplified like CAS has now for makeup)
    - who hasn't dreamed there would be an option for round walls?

PLAYMODE
    - right now whilst planning everything for the sim itself in development feels kind of flat, I would love to see more unexpected things to happen to my Sims to surprise me. Why would a sim always get planned pregnant, why not have this happen from time to time also whilst just woohoo'ing depending on the personality of the Sims? And why do Sims always immediately get pregnant whilst trying for a baby.
    - I like that you get more interaction with you neighbours and people you get to know now. Why not extend this.
    - I would for sure love to see multiplayer come to the Sims ( with the option to do this or not and options if you want to play with friends on a separate private server or more general)
    - I think it would be interesting if there would be an option to play in different timelines for example if you want to play in the middleages it is possible but you will deal with different problems and jobs and different options of stuff in build and buy but for the rest like the Sims is now. This could be great for shaking things up whilst looking at what they did in the past(without copying this) and it could be great for expansions (adding different era's to the game like victorian times or different lands/cultures)

For deal breakers I don't know I just hope they surprise us positively and we will see stuff we didn't expect them to include. I have loved playing the Sims for forever and hope to continue playing it. And continue working together with the Sims community and all it's players
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited March 2022
    Essential
    • Occults: Especially dragons. But I want to see the game start off strong with a good take on occults.
    • Cars: They're not a big deal, but I'm not moving forward without them again.
    • CAW: I just wanted to put a description here, for aesthetic purposes.
    • Better Personalities: Already discussed here, but the trait system and personality points can only go so far. Combining them could give sims so much depth. However, I'm fine with whatever, so long as it's better than Sims 4's system.
    • New Gameplay: One problem I have with certain packs is, a lot of their gameplay is just recycled from stuff we already had. Look at Scenarios, for example. But when the Sims 4 innovates (Vampires, Cottage Living's animals), it's great.
    • Pets: I want a variety of big and small pets. I don't want this post to be "Lol Sims 4 bad," but the way Sims 4 handled pets, especially small pets, has been terrible. Sims 3 handled them the best, and they gave us a huge variety.
    • Community Lots: Need an overhaul. They were probably best in Sims 2, where you didn't need to have specific lot types. What items you had on the lot determined how Sims reacted.
    • Personal Bios: They were huge in fleshing out individual sims. I also liked to write notes in them, so I could remember what my plans were for those sims.
    • Swimming in All Worlds: Essential for immersion and gameplay.
    • Wants & Fears: A great way to flesh out a sim and drive gameplay.

Would Be Nice to Have
    • Tweens: The games can't decide if the child lifestate is meant to represent little kids or big kids, but things skew towards the younger side. The tween years are a huge time, where people begin to discover things and take on more responsibilities. Either give children more stuff to express their full range, or make an in-between stage.
    • Original Timeline: One of the best things about Sims 1-3 is seeing how the sims turned out, seeing their origins, and developing their stories.
    • Varying Locations: All of the Sims games have given us some great locations, and I'd like to see that continue.
    • New Occults: Sims 2 set the standard by introducing life states, and 3 innovated by creating a ton of original states. Let's see them bring back the classics and throw in new creations.
    • Editable Memories: I'm meh on memories. But if we got them, I'd love the ability to remove certain memories or edit the feelings around them. In the Sims 2, I had to meticulously curate my sims' lives to make sure there were no inconsistencies between the gameplay and my stories.
    • No Multiplayer: We're probably getting it, but I'd rather we not get it. My Sims experience is strictly singleplayer, and I'm not interested in playing with others. It'll likely take resources and time away from the singleplayer campaign.

Dealbreakers
    • Occult Neglect: I won't buy the game until we have a number of occults available, and they're done well. No occults, no buy.
    • Incomplete Basegame: If I see that the basegame is missing a ton of crucial features, I'm out. I don't want to wait years for these updates, if they even come at all. Seems like a pointless ask though, given how EA's made a mess of a few games this way.
    • Online Experience: I can tolerate multiplayer if it's an option and doesn't take too much away from the singleplayer experiecne. But if there's no singleplayer way to play, or the singleplayer experience is neglected for a more robust multiplayer experience, I'm outie.
    • A Realistic Style: Ew.
    • Piecemeal Packs: Creating shallow packs and dividing a one pack's worth of content between 30 other packs. Again, I don't want this list to be "Just don't be Sims 4," but... don't be Sims 4.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    How do you want CAS?

Lots of recolor options! Similar to sims 3 although I know their system did cause some performance issues. I like the controllable body types from sims 4 being able to have more body shapes and gender options like sims 4.
    I'd like more family options to be available (aunts, uncles, cousins etc)
    I'd love a tool to make custom content like the old sims body shop too

I've been mostly okay with the build buy system in sims 4, I like that you can search for items but it can sometimes be tricky when they give them quirky names instead of just calling it what it is! I want to be able to search for a certain type of object and find all the versions of that object.
    I love clutter items, vines, lots of plants and nice flowers

Open world like sims 3, no fake buildings and decorative map areas!
    Swimming in all areas it would make sense to swim.
    customizable neighbourhoods.

Story progression that can be toggled on and off per household (townies will sometimes do things like get in relationships, get jobs and skills, move into houses etc) but you can flag which households you want to be autonomous and which ones you want to control manually.

Better likes/dislikes. Dietary likes/dislikes options to avoid certain food types (if you wanted to make sims of a certain religion avoid pork, make sims that are vegetarian/vegan without it taking up trait slots etc)

Attraction likes/dislikes and gender preferences (by default they could be neutral on townies or as teens age up but they could be changed the same way as likes/dislikes)

All the stuff I mentioned above!
    Weather/seasons having to buy an expansion pack just to get weather is annoying.

What about life stages?

The only life stage I'd add is maybe older kids and younger kids. Little kids play with more toys, big kids ('tweens') are into more sports and video games but not romance.
    More stuff for teens to do, I feel like teens get ignored in most sims games.

Deal breakers for me would be needing to be online all the time, honestly any sort of online game play that wasn't 100% optional wouldn't be for me. I enjoy mmos but that's not what I'm looking for in the sims.
    Releasing lots of buggy packs
    Boring base game with very little content
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    My TS5 dealmakers - Yes, please include!
    1. Dynamic personalities. Id love a mix of personality points AND traits. With a working attraction system.
    2. I can make my OWN neighborhoods/worlds. With my own community lots, townies,
    3. I want sim memories, and strong consequences for actions. I want my choices to matter!
    4. Lore! Take stories from all the Sim universe, past PC games, console, mobile games etc - some storylines from all Sims Universe and include them into the new game! Easter egg galore!
    5. Innovate ideas for expansions! Can we get one thats a old time western styled world? No cell phones, newspapers included. Something set in the past with all older technology. What about an alien expanasion with a Sixam world? With am evil alien race and a kind one? How about a medieval expansion? Something really new! Not just cultural worlds but fantasty or sci fi world inspiration.

My TS5 dealbreakers - No, please dont include!
    1. A hyperfocus on "inclusivity". I dont like how its being handled in TS4 and if TS5 is anything like it I wont engaging. No political or social activism.
    2. Low-effort DLC. I dont want stuff peacemealed and recycled.
    3. Having to resort to CC for black players. Please dont make this mistake again.
    4. Making multiplayer unsafe. If it must include multiplayer, make it safe for people to play. I dont want it to include ped0s, scammers, bullies etc. I just want to safely play with a friend online in private server.
    5. Try. Like actually try! Dont assume you still have the same audience. Or we will just go back to older games again.

We must share the same hive mind because *chef kiss* to all 10 of these points.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464